Photo
* * * * - 11 votes

[Amazon] Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition ($99.99)- PlayStation 3 Preorder is up

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Collectors Edition PS3 Amazon

• Please log in to reply
927 replies to this topic

#61 akileese

akileese

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Preordered this. I was saying I would sit this one out last night after getting burned on Ni No Kuni by Digital River so I'm thrilled to have a legitimate way to get this.

Akileese.png

#62 Domo7

Domo7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

Thank you Amazon for getting this! Now I need to cancel my Namco store order.

Does anyone have the phone number we used for digital river when the ni no kuni stuff was going on? 

#63 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

So you're not an actual fan unless you want all the stupid little toys and whatnot that go along with a series? I better head to TRU and check out their "The Walking Dead" selection.

Where exactly did I ever say that? Please quit trying to flame bait and get some reading comprehension.

I was responding to the guy who said it was junk. Not making an all out statement
Posted ImagePosted Image

#64 borderland

borderland

what.. where am I...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

anyone know if it be available for Canada ? Amazon dont ship here.(Canada)

Im Hosting group buy for all Indie Gala bundle and offering great service and low price

- you can PM anytime you want to join the group buy

- you can PM anytime you want to buy any nundle (available bundle i got to sell)

GROUP BUY FOR ALL INDIE GALA bundle (over 300+ user serve on each bundle) + all live bundle

http://www.cheapassg...s-steam-desura/

#65 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Most CEs and LEs I get from Amazon are beaten up.

#66 Shpinxis

Shpinxis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

I am hearing a lot of people concerned about the amazon shipments. I have never received anything beat up from amazon, but I could see how a box more fragile like could get screwed up. I know that the Namco store is apparently horrible from Ni No Kuni, but if you can actually get your order through, do they have good shipment? If I knew I was getting one from Namco for sure, should I go with it for the shipping quality?

#67 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

Doesn't mean they listen.  Every package I get I tell them to stop using those stupid cardboard wraps.

Yeah after asking them to pack some things in a box and them not listening, my patience expired at SMTIV. I just go to my local GS where I know the people that work there (and are bigjrpg fans too). I preordered my Wind Waker LE at another one and picked up the last one that was crushed. My local store was nice enough to switch it out :) So I trust them with my LEs now. Amazon is just a place to preorder as a "just in case" now, since GS still doesn't have the Sorcery Saga LE up.

#68 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

I am hearing a lot of people concerned about the amazon shipments. I have never received anything beat up from amazon, but I could see how a box more fragile like could get screwed up. I know that the Namco store is apparently horrible from Ni No Kuni, but if you can actually get your order through, do they have good shipment? If I knew I was getting one from Namco for sure, should I go with it for the shipping quality?

I've received about 10 different damaged CEs/LEs from Amazon. Basically all but 2 I ordered were damaged.

The regular stuff I order tends to be fine but the CEs and LEs mostly get beat up.

Amazon CS is good but they can't replace an item if they aren't going to receive any more.

Even some of the replacements I told Amazon to ship in a proper box weren't packaged properly so I ended up with another damaged CE.

I could go through Amazon's discussion forums and pull out lots of examples of people complaining about damaged CE/LEs but the last one that I remember is this one

#69 airblade

airblade

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Thank you Amazon for getting this! Now I need to cancel my Namco store order.

Does anyone have the phone number we used for digital river when the ni no kuni stuff was going on? 

You can cancel through the namco website.

#70 Tsukinikawatte

Tsukinikawatte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, no way I can justify the extra $60 for four figures, two incomplete soundtrack CDs, and a booklet.  That's nuts.  To give you an idea, those figures, part of a line called "Ichiban Kuji" here in Japan, generally have a market value of roughly $5 each.

Yea, I agree, but for importing from other stores the Famitsu dx packs usually run 250 usd. So for a US buyer to get it tis alot. I have the fami packs for Xillia 1/2 and 100 is a steal since ppl in japan got charged 250.

Items from the other man in Japan! dv8CAG.com
Posted Image

#71 Kazoo22

Kazoo22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Preordered this game when it popped up last night. Went to Gamestop this morning and preordered a copy there as well. Will probably keep the Amazon preorder until we get closer to the release date (just to make sure I can manage to get a copy). 

#72 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...lectors-edition

Looks like junk for an extra $60.  Cancelled.

Enjoy the 4 figures, soundtrack, and artbook.

Why did you preorder in the first place?  Did you not see what the extras where from the picture or read?

Does it come with the two tales of symphonia game or just the gamecube one?

the copy of the game itself I guess thats what I'm looking for but can't find the info

As others have mentioned, it has both Symphonia games.  According to people that have played the JPN version, ToS is the PS2 version which has some minor frame issues.

There hasn't been word on a limited edition for the standard edition like ToX? I'd like the novel and soundtrack, but I've never liked chibi looking figures

It'll likely happen.

I've mentioned this time and time again, for small/medium sized C/L/S editions Gamestop usually ships the best.  If the game is not sealed however (just box), then it will get a bit dented.  For medium/big editions, Best Buy is pretty good.  Amazon is very variable and inconsistent for me.

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!

#73 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

$5 x 5 + $10 book + $15 CD = $50 extra.  But they want $60 extra.  Let's face it, $100 would have only made sense if they were charging $60 for the main game.

A fair price for this collection would be $79.99, the same price many CEs USED to be not too long ago.

Ordered, but at $100, I might sell this on eBay and get the sanely priced version.  Not sure yet if I will keep the CE at that price. Depends entirely if the going rate on eBay is $200 or something crazy when it launches.  There's way more than 15,000 people out there who want this CE I reckon.

#74 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Ordered. Prices schmizes, I don't care.

Thanks OP.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#75 Reimu

Reimu

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Yikes, not even nendoroids and they want to charge that much.

Put in a pre-order but will most likely cancel later on.

#76 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

WTF? Namco bandai had this up and is already sold out??

#77 Shpinxis

Shpinxis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

I've received about 10 different damaged CEs/LEs from Amazon. Basically all but 2 I ordered were damaged.

The regular stuff I order tends to be fine but the CEs and LEs mostly get beat up.

Amazon CS is good but they can't replace an item if they aren't going to receive any more.

Even some of the replacements I told Amazon to ship in a proper box weren't packaged properly so I ended up with another damaged CE.

I could go through Amazon's discussion forums and pull out lots of examples of people complaining about damaged CE/LEs but the last one that I remember is this one

So, whats the experience with the Namco shipping? Do they have good quality shipping and keep the items secure?

#78 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

OK, so for everyone saying "oh these are $5 figures" can you buy these exact figures for $5 on their own?  If not then they're not $5 figures.

So, whats the experience with the Namco shipping? Do they have good quality shipping and keep the items secure?

It's Digital River, who are awful, that handles all these Japanese companies stores and they're beyond awful.  If you can go through Amazon.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#79 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

OK, so for everyone saying "oh these are $5 figures" can you buy these exact figures for $5 on their own?  If not then they're not $5 figures.

It's Digital River, who are awful, that handles all these Japanese companies stores and they're beyond awful.  If you can go through Amazon.

People are saying its a line of fugues and others just like these fr the same company cost $5. It's pretty silly to declare these a different value. People know what these figures cost. My Blu ray player comes with a free movie that isn't available at retail but everyone knows what a Blu ray costs.

#80 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Well yall can keep arguing over something you dont even plan to buy. Ill just sit back, be happy with my order, and move on with my life.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#81 Shpinxis

Shpinxis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

I know they can be awful with customer service and orders and such, but in the end, is the shipment itself better quality than amazon?

#82 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

Managed to get in a pre-order now. No idea what the issue was this morning. Will have to look into the other Tales games at some point too.

#83 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

lol @ 1 vote at 1 star.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#84 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

Got one preordered. Thanks OP!

#85 nintendofan9999

nintendofan9999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

Glad Amazon stocked up on this.  Preordered.

#86 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Thanks got this preordered. A Lot of butthurt people in this topic though ::laughs::

#87 doggyflewaway

doggyflewaway

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

There hasn't been word on a limited edition for the standard edition like ToX? I'd like the novel and soundtrack, but I've never liked chibi looking figures

Namco confirmed at the NYCC panel that there would be a limited edition like ToX. It includes the light novel and soundtrack, just no figures or bigass box. Gonna be ordering this version since I don't care for the trading figures.

#88 NolbertoS

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Hey guys. Can somebody confirm if GS has any exclusives for this edition. Someone else on another forum mentioned that the GS edition will have a steelbook and DLC. Is the Steelbook only a GS excluaive??
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#89 Tsukinikawatte

Tsukinikawatte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

It says steelbook on the website idk

Items from the other man in Japan! dv8CAG.com
Posted Image

#90 Domo7

Domo7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

Hey guys. Can somebody confirm if GS has any exclusives for this edition. Someone else on another forum mentioned that the GS edition will have a steelbook and DLC. Is the Steelbook only a GS excluaive??

It does say on Gamestops site for the CE that it comes with a steelbook and DLC theme. Ugh I may be switching my order over to Gamestop now