[Amazon] Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition ($99.99)- PlayStation 3 Preorder is up

Preordered . Had to jump on this now, as I see the Ys Celceta limited is already sold out . . wish I had jumped on that one too .

Does it come with the two tales of symphonia game or just the gamecube one?

the copy of the game itself I guess thats what I'm looking for but can't find the info

Last edited by a moderator:
was namco gonna offer anything extra if you order through them? Sometimes they give an extra item or dlc or something. Not sure where to get this from yet

Yeah, no way I can justify the extra $60 for four figures, two incomplete soundtrack CDs, and a booklet.  That's nuts.  To give you an idea, those figures, part of a line called "Ichiban Kuji" here in Japan, generally have a market value of roughly $5 each.

The ToX CE was a little disappointing, just because the whole game felt like a bore to me, I couldn't get into it.

But ToS is one of my favorite tales so I'm in.

Some of us are actually fans and enjoy these sort of things. And last I checked, those little figures can get quite pricey.
So you're not an actual fan unless you want all the stupid little toys and whatnot that go along with a series? I better head to TRU and check out their "The Walking Dead" selection.

Why do people who have no interest in the CE stuff feel the need to come into these threads and tell everyone how "stupid" they are for buying them?  Y'know what?  If you don't want the stuff, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT!   :shock:

It's an amazing concept, I know.   :roll:

Why do people who have no interest in the CE stuff feel the need to come into these threads and tell everyone how "stupid" they are for buying them? Y'know what? If you don't want the stuff, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT! :shock:

It's an amazing concept, I know. :roll:
Because we have an interest in a CE of a game that we enjoyed...but not the crap being offered for the price. You honestly expect the thread to be filled with "Thanks, in for one!"? Maybe if this came with a Colette pillow. /jk

Why do people who have no interest in the CE stuff feel the need to come into these threads and tell everyone how "stupid" they are for buying them? Y'know what? If you don't want the stuff, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT! :shock:

It's an amazing concept, I know. :roll:
The internet has no need for your logic good sir.

I pre-ordered.

I loved the the collectors edition of Tales of Xillia. 

I just put a pre-order in at Amazon for this one! I love that the Tales series is seeing some more love after all these years.

There hasn't been word on a limited edition for the standard edition like ToX? I'd like the novel and soundtrack, but I've never liked chibi looking figures

I pre-ordered off Amazon, and also got one off Namco's website. Might keep my Namco one, after debating since it seems it'll be limited and worthy of a colectors item

Went ahead and placed an order at Amazon. Not sure which order I am going to keep. Amazon charged tax but I'd definitely prefer to deal with them if something were to happen.

Went ahead and placed my pre-order for two, could care less about the game....ordering strictly for the eventual flip knowing all the 30+ year old virgin pedos still living in their grammas basement will be all over this collectible for the "dolls" lmao

Yeah, no way I can justify the extra $60 for four figures, two incomplete soundtrack CDs, and a booklet. That's nuts. To give you an idea, those figures, part of a line called "Ichiban Kuji" here in Japan, generally have a market value of roughly $5 each.
Despite what they are worth, they are of VERY good quality! I own one of the Pokemon ones and it is amazing! Import pricing-wise, they go for around twice that much, though, since not everyone has easy access to Japanese pricing. There are sites like Amiami that have Japanese pricing on figures, sure, but they don't often carry these figures, and definitely not for $5 either!

Technically, they are 'worth' $5 IF you win them from your $5 ticket, but that's a game of chance :/

So I have a couple questions on this:

As a fan of the Gamecube Tales game, but as one who hasn't played any other tales game, am I missing anything? Are they all connected or do we have a Final Fantasy situation going on here where every game is completely separate?

I can't add the CE to my cart, gone already?

Despite what they are worth, they are of VERY good quality! I own one of the Pokemon ones and it is amazing! Import pricing-wise, they go for around twice that much, though, since not everyone has easy access to Japanese pricing. There are sites like Amiami that have Japanese pricing on figures, sure, but they don't often carry these figures, and definitely not for $5 either!

Technically, they are 'worth' $5 IF you win them from your $5 ticket, but that's a game of chance :/
Oh yeah, definitely, they're nice quality; I have quite a collection going, too. Though I prefer not to chance it with the actual lottery - they're one of the most common tickets, but I want to know what I'm getting before I fork over the cash. Instead, I hit up the secondary market, and in most cases I pay even less than 500 yen for 'em - in fact, I just got the new Zelos and Rita figures for about 300 per. I'm hoping even these will start showing up at my nearby hobby shops, since like I said, the CE pricing is pretty crazy for this one.

As a fan of the Gamecube Tales game, but as one who hasn't played any other tales game, am I missing anything? Are they all connected or do we have a Final Fantasy situation going on here where every game is completely separate?

They're all different; There are direct sequels to Destiny and Symphonia (sort of), but otherwise, they're set in different worlds.

The games are generally separate, the two in this package are connected though and part of this version will be bridged the two. Xillia also has a direct sequel that's coming here at some point.

I just ordered one from Amazon so shouldn't be.

namco burned me last time with ni no kuni, so Amazon it is.  Will try to place an order at gamestop if they start taking pre-orders so I can pick them up physically.  Cant trust Amazon to pack things up properly to avoid shipping damage as most of my shipments contain the item on one side and air cushions on the other side.  WTH Amazon???!?

namco burned me last time with ni no kuni, so Amazon it is. Will try to place an order at gamestop if they start taking pre-orders so I can pick them up physically. Cant trust Amazon to pack things up properly to avoid shipping damage as most of my shipments contain the item on one side and air cushions on the other side. WTH Amazon???!?
They have been getting cheap on their packaging and only using the smallest size box possible instead of the next size up and putting in more protection. At least they have decent quality boxes that stand up to abuse unlike say Gamestop.

bread's done
Back