Buying UPlay Game from GameFly Client

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FakeKisser

FakeKisser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Does anyone have experience buying a UPlay game (such as Assassin's Creed IV) from GameFly? If so, do they just give you a key to input directly into UPlay (like Amazon does), or do you have to launch the game via GameFly (like Steam does)?

I want to take advantage of the AC IV deal going on, but I won't do it, if the game has to launch via the GameFly client. I just want the key to go directly to UPlay so I can open UPlay and launch the game directly from there after "registration."

Thanks!

#2 FakeKisser

FakeKisser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

I just chatted with a rep from GameFly who said they give UPlay keys. That's what I want, so I hope he's correct. I still welcome any personal experiences from others, though!

#3 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

I had bought Far Cry 3 through gamestop and they gave my a download link and a key.

#4 Jalu

Jalu

jalu1-5 was already taken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

I also bought FC3 from Uplay, and they just give you a key. You enter it like steam and you just download from the client. Unlike steam, there was an installer and temp files you can either back up for re-install later or delete.

Whats funny is now, my steam ubi games show up in Uplay marked "steam" version and FC3 does not. 

#5 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

Just a note -- and I have no idea what they're selling AC4 at on Gamefly -- but Nvidia is going to kick off a promo this week where they give AC4 free with GPU purchases so you might see people here selling codes for less than what you'd pay from an online retailer.