Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

30% off purchase of 2 games target coupon exp 12/30(YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
1117 replies to this topic

#31 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

I got the coupon when I bought s $5.98 fifa 13 for vita and body wash.

#32 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

WAAAAAAH? Are we seriously thinking it could be used to save 30 on a next-gen console. You've got starry eyes my friend, starry eyes. I work for Target but am a serious Cagger at heart-not even I am daft enough to attempt this. XBONE + 2 games and 45% savings = Best day of ANY year

Hey, serious cheapassgamerger, he said games. Like, you know, buy four or five launch games and hope that the coupon discounts them all.

Joe, it ultimately depends on how it is coded.

Yes, I'm just thinking if the coupon is coded to discount just 2 games or all games purchased (aka more than 2).  Even if it is only 2, between the 30% off, the extra 5% off for the Target Redcard & then throwing an additional 5% off Pharmacy Rewards coupon in the mix (it's double points for the month of October), I will be able to purchase at least two PS4 games for $35.99 each.  If I can get it to work for more than 2, it would be that much sweeter...

Posted Image

#33 ChunkyLeftovers

ChunkyLeftovers

"Fancy that."

• CAG Veteran

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

Just a heads up, there's also a coupon for 10% off ENTIRE purchase being shipped in the mail. I got one weeks ago and expires 10/31. A buddy of mine recently got one too and his is good 'til 12/2. I'm assuming all who have the Target REDcard automatically are signed up for their mailing-list. Stack that with these 30% off 2 games coupon and the extra 5% from the REDcard and we'll be next-gen ready  :robot:  

#34 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

I think I am going to save mine until November 22nd when Mario 3D World and A Link Between Worlds comes out. I was going to use this to get Watch Dogs and another game for PS4, but we all know how that turned out.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#35 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Just a heads up, there's also a coupon for 10% off ENTIRE purchase being shipped in the mail. I got one weeks ago and expires 10/31. A buddy of mine recently got one too and his is good 'til 12/2. I'm assuming all who have the Target REDcard automatically are signed up for their mailing-list. Stack that with these 30% off 2 games coupon and the extra 5% from the REDcard and we'll be next-gen ready :robot:

thanks for the heads up, just got my pharmacy 5% off coupon yesterday. if I remember right they stack with pretty much every other coupon but there's a chance the 30% and the 10% won't work together. If they do, that'd be 30% + 5% red card + 5% pharmacy + 10% red card coupon? yeesh. maybe they'll throw a b2g1 in too and we'll all have a good laugh.

MildObstruction.png

#36 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

i wonder if these coupons are only in certain states. I havent got shit.

#37 Viper51989

Viper51989

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

i wonder if these coupons are only in certain states. I havent got shit.

At my store in Roswell, GA the electronics area doesn't even have coupon printing machines...

and I don't think the coupons ever print before the transaction is completed, so the guy saying you can just get the cashier to scan and then void it if it doesn't print and do it again is probably wrong

#38 chess227

chess227

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

Thanks op. just went to target and got Harry potter for kinect in the clearance section for 5.98 and the coupon printed. Used red card and will be taking the game back tomorrow morning on the way to work.

#39 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

So does the coupon print before or after you pay?

#40 XSpark210X

XSpark210X

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

on occasion coupons print before or after the transaction. if your lucky both would happen in same transaction. 2 years working there seen it happen

#41 morbitrius

morbitrius

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

I can confirm when I went to purchase the $1 Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures reserve figures that after the cashier scanned the first or second figure that the coupon printed. So there is a chance it will print before the transaction is fully tendered.

#42 27526343157187946075

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

-----

#43 HotJuicyBurgers

HotJuicyBurgers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Can also confirm that I got the coupon with purchase of two pac figures purchased in separate transactions. First one, no coupon. Second one got coupon. 

#44 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

DId this end on Saturday? I couldn't get it to work today... (tried with pre=order cards for COD first). Also, the Pac figures came up asking the cashier to input the price, and so they rang up as general merchandise and not video game items. A few combinations, and nothing so I left, but I will return if confirmed to still work. Thanks.

#45 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

DId this end on Saturday? I couldn't get it to work today... (tried with pre=order cards for COD first). Also, the Pac figures came up asking the cashier to input the price, and so they rang up as general merchandise and not video game items. A few combinations, and nothing so I left, but I will return if confirmed to still work. Thanks.

two barcodes on the pac figures, only one of them is correct. if you scan the wrong one it does the input price thing.

MildObstruction.png

#46 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

She did figure that out and switch to scanning the other barcode. Perhaps somehow she didn't "clear" it correctly. In any event, does the coupon still generate sometimes, because I'll go back for another if it does.

#47 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Bought an Infinity power disc album an got the coupon. Was a pleasant surprise. Tried the pacdudes at 3 other targets and got nothing.

I wonder if its store specific.

#48 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

bought 3 things separately ($20 psn card, $1 preorder card, $5 grocery item)... no coupon.

#49 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

Well, the store-specific theory doesn't seem that plausible since the one I went back to without success (although it may have been my fault somehow) is the one I got a coupon at before... unless they are rotating thru different stores.

Perhaps a more likely explanation is that there's a cap on the # of coupons per store.

Anyway, I will try again tomorrow with 2 actual games and not just pre-orders (since a game is what triggered it the time I got one).

#50 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

I bought a $30 game and a $1 pac man figure in two separate transactions at the Spring Hill target with no coupon.

538822.png

#51 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

The wife got one when she bought some Skylanders.
Posted Image

#52 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

In separate transactions I bought Pokemon Y (coupon); Pokemon X (no coupon); Nintendo 3DS Console (Coupon, + Coupon for 25% accessory).

Has anyone redeemed it yet to see if it works on more then just two titles in the same transaction?

#53 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

In separate transactions I bought Pokemon Y (coupon); Pokemon X (no coupon); Nintendo 3DS Console (Coupon, + Coupon for 25% accessory).

Has anyone redeemed it yet to see if it works on more then just two titles in the same transaction?

I would like to know this too. Getting Super Mario 3D World, Zelda ALBW, and Tearaway on November 22nd would be my dream scenario.

Playing:
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#54 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

I imagine that if it does work on more than 2 (or on consoles because target) and it's posted online it'll be fixed pretty quick, although the b2g1 free coupons were reprinted at least once with the same glitch (?) so who knows. I've only managed one coupon, if I got a second one I'd definitely experiment.

MildObstruction.png

#55 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

is red card needed to trigger coupon?

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!

#56 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

is red card needed to trigger coupon?

Nope. I paid with cash.

Playing:
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#57 ChunkyLeftovers

ChunkyLeftovers

"Fancy that."

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

To those asking, you need MULTIPLE 30% off coupons if you're buying more than 2 games on one transaction.

#58 bullseye

bullseye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

i have tried it only takes the 30% off the first 2 games scanned in the transaction. plus other target couons are negated like the coupon iif you preorder to get the 5 dollar giftcard.

#59 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Where the heck are you all finding the Pacman figure? I want a set. None at 2 stores today...

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Madden 15

#60 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Where the heck are you all finding the Pacman figure? I want a set. None at 2 stores today...

There suppose to be in the WII U section & 3Ds