Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

30% off purchase of 2 games target coupon exp 12/30(YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
1117 replies to this topic

#871 Mikocouch

Mikocouch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

Dammit, I'm too scared to go back to try and use the coupon on games. The one I went to said it wasn't allowed to stack anymore, but I have a feeling that if I took it to the front register instead of electronics, I'd be able to get it to work. But idk what my reasoning should be to bring it up to the front!

you want to checkout at the front register's because of the coupon printers.

works everytime for me.

#872 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

you want to checkout at the front register's because of the coupon printers.

works everytime for me.

But I want to go to the front to use a coupon, not receive one. I know the people at electronics are onto the B2G1 not stacking with the coupon, but I feel like the people up front care less.

#873 texasnightowl

texasnightowl

Endangered Species List Member: Humans possessing common sense.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

So...for those of you (including me!) who still have a coupon or two to use after this week. What are your planned purchases? For me, Zelda A Link Between Worlds and maybe Gran Turismo 6.  I'm not sure what else. If Watch Dogs hadn't been delayed it would be a definite. And Bravely Default isn't out til February.  What are everyone else's game plans?

Currently Playing:

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:ds: Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns

:ps3: Assassin's Creed III

(Recently finished:  :ps3: Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed: I, II, Brotherhood, Revelations)

#874 Mikocouch

Mikocouch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

But I want to go to the front to use a coupon, not receive one. I know the people at electronics are onto the B2G1 not stacking with the coupon, but I feel like the people up front care less.

The point is, the printers at the front are a reason to give so you can checkout at the front registers. Then use your coupon.

#875 texasnightowl

texasnightowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

Yeah, but you tell the electronics people you want to check out up front so you can receive coupons. They don't have to know you plan to use one.

At my Target, if you still have shopping to do they'll put the games in plastic cases (travel cases?) for you to take with you to the front.

Currently Playing:

(Recently finished:  :ps3: Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed: I, II, Brotherhood, Revelations)

#876 samaside

samaside

nerdophiles.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

So...for those of you (including me!) who still have a coupon or two to use after this week. What are your planned purchases? For me, Zelda A Link Between Worlds and maybe Gran Turismo 6.  I'm not sure what else. If Watch Dogs hadn't been delayed it would be a definite. And Bravely Default isn't out til February.  What are everyone else's game plans?

My parents have no idea what to get me for Christmas and may just cop out and get me a Wii U so I'm holding on to my two extras for that purpose.

#877 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, but you tell the electronics people you want to check out up front so you can receive coupons. They don't have to know you plan to use one.

At my Target, if you still have shopping to do they'll put the games in plastic cases (travel cases?) for you to take with you to the front.

Do you have to ask them to put them in the cases or just say you still have shopping to do?

#878 Mikocouch

Mikocouch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

Do you have to ask them to put them in the cases or just say you still have shopping to do?

just tell them you want to go checkout at the front. so simple, stop freakin out.

#879 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

just tell them you want to go checkout at the front. so simple, stop freakin out.

Lol sorry I'm not usually like this but this Target has been giving me so much shit this past week for this deal. I have been in and out getting coupons and buying games that I feel like they all notice me now. Oh well, about to go and see if I can do this deal one more time.

#880 pissoffbakaburi

pissoffbakaburi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

If anyone has an extra code they are not going to use I would apreciate a PM.  Thanks!

#881 RandomHabit

RandomHabit

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

Yea I figured it wasn't even listed on their website. I wonder why though they aren't getting it though?

things like that are hard to say. We don't get a lot of popular titles. Yet sometimes we'll get their inserts but never actually receive any. (Tales of Xilia comes to mind for this, although the website carries this)

#882 texasnightowl

texasnightowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

things like that are hard to say. We don't get a lot of popular titles. Yet sometimes we'll get their inserts but never actually receive any. (Tales of Xilia comes to mind for this, although the website carries this)

Weirdness...My store had Xillia...and not just an insert, because I bought it.

And all this talk about Injustice...I could swear my store *did* have the PS3 version. I know almost everyone here only cares about the PS4 version, but the PS3 version is not on the website either and I am 99% sure I saw it at one of the 2 Targets I went to. Now I suppose it could have only been an insert.

Currently Playing:

#883 RandomHabit

RandomHabit

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Lol sorry I'm not usually like this but this Target has been giving me so much shit this past week for this deal. I have been in and out getting coupons and buying games that I feel like they all notice me now. Oh well, about to go and see if I can do this deal one more time.

Honestly most of us don't care unless you're going out of your way to try and get us (the employee) in trouble. Working back in electronics myself unless you are doing the above or stealing, do what you want. I have no problem taking the games up to the front for ya. :)

That and like I said in an earlier post it's dumb that some stores are receiving notices to "no accept the coupon" and the b2G1. If Target didn't want that going on they shouldn't have started dispensing it. Corporate canceled it and started reprinting it for a reason. It's legit, its fine. Take advantage of it. Just don't try to get us in trouble and enjoy your awesome deal!

#884 RandomHabit

RandomHabit

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

Weirdness...My store had Xillia...and not just an insert, because I bought it.

And all this talk about Injustice...I could swear my store *did* have the PS3 version. I know almost everyone here only cares about the PS4 version, but the PS3 version is not on the website either and I am 99% sure I saw it at one of the 2 Targets I went to. Now I suppose it could have only been an insert.

Oh we carry the PS3 version, just not the PS4. Our notice we received specifically stated we won't receive the PS4 version. On that note regarding Xilia I know a few stores had it at first, and I was expecting it when we got the insert for the collectors in, but no dice and now none in my district carry it.

#885 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

@RandomHabit

Since you work at Target, I have two questions for you if you would be kind enough to answer them. First, have corporate or anyone store level said that the 30% coupons are done now or they are stopping them until after the B2G1? Last question, one of guys that checked me out in gaming said he heard that they might extend the B2G1 for another week for XBOX One but there is nothing in the ad so curious if you heard anything.

Any response is appreciated. 

#886 bobright

bobright

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

@RandomHabit

Since you work at Target, I have two questions for you if you would be kind enough to answer them. First, have corporate or anyone store level said that the 30% coupons are done now or they are stopping them until after the B2G1? Last question, one of guys that checked me out in gaming said he heard that they might extend the B2G1 for another week for XBOX One but there is nothing in the ad so curious if you heard anything.

I doubt they'll extend it a week after corporate receives all the fake and falsely scanned B2G1 coupons and goes over their losses. I'm pretty sure they've lost a ton of money over this.

#887 EdJericho

EdJericho

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

Is the coupon still printing out for when you buy games or was it completely removed? I read someone yesterday got it printed when they bought Ducktales Remastered and I was planning on buying that game as well. I already got the games I wanted the other day thanks to $1 pre-order going through but I could still use one more coupon that would come in handy for Mario 3D World and Zelda Link Between Worlds when they come out next week.

#888 RandomHabit

RandomHabit

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

@RandomHabit

It's rare for us to hear anything about the coupons even the managers know little about them. I can confirm they are linked to purchases you and your family make. (Like randomly receiving a coupon for baby food for example when you buy a game) and sometimes like in this case just linked to the purchase itself and no history. We don't receive any information on what coupons will be dispensed. Only if there is an issue with one of them not working as it should. (Like last year and our B2G1 actually being a B1G1, i'm assuming there was a thread here about it) THat was a fun one to try and deal with for the few hours it was bugged.

So to answer your question, no we haven't received anything about whether or not the coupon is delayed or not. Our store hasn't seen a memo about being no longer allowed to accept them either. (which I should reiterate, doesn't mean other stores haven't)

What he said is just a rumor floating around and wishful thinking. In the time I've been there we've never done B2G1 two weeks in a row and I'm know we won't start it now. There's been no special update saying the ad has been changed so what you see is what you get.

#889 jfh2c

jfh2c

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

I bought 3 $20 games at a front register yesterday (each on its own transaction), and I didn't get a coupon.

#890 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

Just say that you're not done with all your shopping. They might voluntarily put them in the plastic prisons for you.

#891 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

I bought 3 $20 games at a front register yesterday (each on its own transaction), and I didn't get a coupon.

Just to clarify, you both 3 games separately so you could try and get coupon? you didnt take advantage of the b2g1 deal? Hmm..

#892 jfh2c

jfh2c

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Just to clarify, you both 3 games separately so you could try and get coupon? you didnt take advantage of the b2g1 deal? Hmm..

Yeah, the games are going back. I didn't want any of them in the first place, just wanted to see if real games might trigger the coupon.

#893 RandomHabit

RandomHabit

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

uhh, I hope you returned them to take advantage of the b2g1. With 2 $60 games you're only saving 36$ less the 20 you spent on that third game.

#894 RandomHabit

RandomHabit

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yeah, the games are going back. I didn't want any of them in the first place, just wanted to see if real games might trigger the coupon.

ah, of course

#895 jfh2c

jfh2c

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

I had some leftover GCs from the ipad extravaganza last week and figured Id be a guinea pig.

#896 zaxxon2000

zaxxon2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Picked up Fifa 14, NBA 2K14, and Skylanders Swap Force for PS4. Coupon scanned perfectly. 30% off of $74.99 for Swapforce and Fifa with NBA free, $95 out the door with the Red Card and tax.

#897 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Dammit, I'm too scared to go back to try and use the coupon on games. The one I went to said it wasn't allowed to stack anymore, but I have a feeling that if I took it to the front register instead of electronics, I'd be able to get it to work. But idk what my reasoning should be to bring it up to the front!

Most logical reason and works every single time is "I want to continue shopping for other things in the store."  If they have any sort of problem with walking the games up to the front for you, tell them that they can either put those games in the plastic prisons for you and let you continue shopping and be rung up at whatever register you damn well please or walk the games up to the front register, or get the store manager on duty to tell you why exactly they would want to lose not only more potential sales from you but also your business entirely by inconveniencing you in this manner.  

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#898 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

It's rare for us to hear anything about the coupons even the managers know little about them. I can confirm they are linked to purchases you and your family make. (Like randomly receiving a coupon for baby food for example when you buy a game) and sometimes like in this case just linked to the purchase itself and no history. We don't receive any information on what coupons will be dispensed. Only if there is an issue with one of them not working as it should. (Like last year and our B2G1 actually being a B1G1, i'm assuming there was a thread here about it) THat was a fun one to try and deal with for the few hours it was bugged.

So to answer your question, no we haven't received anything about whether or not the coupon is delayed or not. Our store hasn't seen a memo about being no longer allowed to accept them either. (which I should reiterate, doesn't mean other stores haven't)

What he said is just a rumor floating around and wishful thinking. In the time I've been there we've never done B2G1 two weeks in a row and I'm know we won't start it now. There's been no special update saying the ad has been changed so what you see is what you get.

Thanks for responding.

#899 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

@RandomHabit

I was told by the returns CSR that I could get three games this week during B2G1 and exchange them next week. It seems logical but I was curious if you could chime in on your thoughts.

#900 RandomHabit

RandomHabit

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

@RandomHabit

I was told by the returns CSR that I could get three games this week during B2G1 and exchange them next week. It seems logical but I was curious if you could chime in on your thoughts.

My two cents. It's not something that my store would do. It's not something our return or even exchange system supports. I'll explain

Exchanging them on your receipt would make the return value of said $60 game $40. You would have to return them since games cannot be even exchanged for different games. The only reason people are getting Price Matches this week for returns and exchanges is because the promotion is still going on. Even then the policy is all 3 must be returned and then rebought with the game you want. So returning it via your receipt is not doable once this week ends if you're wanting 3 games of the same value.

Have I seen people do what you've said before? Once. It ended with us staying past store close for an extra hour trying to deal with it. It's not something our computers support and it's against policy. If you really are wanting to I plead this, don't be one of those angry guests. The only way you'll be able to do it is as a return without a receipt. Even then I'm not sure how the computer will treat each game.

Normally returns without receipts the item will be refunded via gift card at a value determinate by what the previous sale price was. I don't know how much that will affect the return value due to the B2G1 going on this week. So I am fairly certain you won't get full value. Please be sure to read up on Target's return without receipt policy as certain restrictions apply that I don't want to go into details on right now.