Jack_Frost

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

I doubt ill obtain elite plus over my lifetime

#32 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

Why do cag members pretend to be above SD and then constantly prove that they visit that site as well?

1. SDers frequently boast about things CAGs (hopefully) never do, like returning things bought at sale prices from some stores to Walmart without a receipt to get more cash back (return fraud).

2. Believe it or not, SD occasionally beats CAG to the punch in posting gaming-related deals, so it helps to visit every now and then in case some deal slipped through the proverbial cracks.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/20]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#33 Mostly Human

Mostly Human

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

Holiday season starting before Halloween?  Come on BB.

Part of the crew, part of the ship.

#34 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

Spend $3500 to save $5?  

Who the heck buys an equiv of 3  TV good there a year? 

Posted Image

#35 Chalupa Batman

Chalupa Batman

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

Wish this would be as good as they advertise it as...

#36 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

Spend $3500 to save $5?

Who the heck buys an equiv of 3 TV good there a year?

I hit it thanks to Magnolia AV. Upgraded my home entertainment equipment. =)

Doing this every year.... No way.

#37 roguejedi5

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:21 AM

If i paid all my bills with my BB mastercard i might be able to make it to elite plus next year.

And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me. --- Bruce Wayne

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. --- Ferris Bueller

#38 loudlyrandomplay

loudlyrandomplay

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

Spend $3500 to save $5?

Who the heck buys an equiv of 3 TV good there a year?

Adults who purchase appliances and electronics.

#39 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

Spend $3500 to save $5?  

Even before the current tiers, I never came close to hitting the requirement for premiere silver. They just sort of gave it to me, and have renewed it for the several years since, with me shopping there less and less.

#40 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

I'm Elite Plus. No idea how, but won't argue. I used to spend a LOT in there but my spending has slowed thanks to bills.

#41 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

Spend $3500 to save $5?  

You must have tiny TVs?

On your side of the argument you could buy about 17 of those ps3 displays when they had them for what 200 or less?

#42 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

I look forward to seeing what's in store (pun not intended) I don't know how I got Elite Plus but I do till Jan2015 but my little yellow bar shows I need to spend 389$ more? Also the most expensive item I ever bought from bestbuy was a 200$ projector the rest I gues was all trade ins.

#43 pholly

pholly

Best In The World

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

I have Elite Plus, it's easy to get if you have a Best Buy credit card but I don't find it worth having.

#44 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

One of the perks of Elite Plus is the pyramid sch... Feature they implemented where you can gift a membership to three friends or family. If the sales end up not being crap, I can offer my last slot up on the 24th.
Posted Image

#45 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

1. SDers frequently boast about things CAGs (hopefully) never do, like returning things bought at sale prices from some stores to Walmart without a receipt to get more cash back (return fraud).

2. Believe it or not, SD occasionally beats CAG to the punch in posting gaming-related deals, so it helps to visit every now and then in case some deal slipped through the proverbial cracks.

Anytime the SD vs CAG thing comes up, I always go back and read this thread for a good laugh.  For those who weren't around:

Spoiler

Even before the current tiers, I never came close to hitting the requirement for premiere silver. They just sort of gave it to me, and have renewed it for the several years since, with me shopping there less and less.

The only reason I hit silver last year was because of trades.  I'd never spend that much at BB.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#46 cyrax2768

cyrax2768

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Does anyone have a link to the actual sale?  I'm a Elite Plus member but I can't find any information about this event aside from the picture the OP posted.

#47 Righteous Nixon

Righteous Nixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

Just spent roughly $6,000 on a new washer, dryer and refrigerator back in August. Would be nice if this actually panned out to be something worthwhile. Judging from people's responses in here tho, I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up. Haven't been an Elite Plus member for a few years now so I am not familiar with these promotions at all. Oh well, wasn't even expecting it so no loss really if its garbage. 

AphroditeIXBanner1_zps6fea4a73.jpg

fs_overall.png

"My experiences, tho I would never wish them upon anyone else, have helped make me who I am and what I still hope to be"

#48 dravack

dravack

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

other than the obvious reasons people are premiere silver yada yada listed above like washer and dryer etc.. Also easy to get if you share the benefits. IE. my two sisters and their families, my parents, myself, and a couple friends all use my account. mainly because they can't be bothered to sign up for a card lol. So just offer free shipping and longer returns to people =P

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"

#49 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

These events are never good so I'll go in with low expectations.

Yeah, I've gone to three of these, and the best deal I've gotten was the free flashlight pen as part of a drawing.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#50 polity

polity

Dear Leader

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

So when are we actually going to get information what's offered? please, tell me it's 5 minutes before the site crashes a la Black Friday.

YLOD. 2.13.13

#51 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Anytime the SD vs CAG thing comes up, I always go back and read this thread for a good laugh.  For those who weren't around:

Spoiler

The only reason I hit silver last year was because of trades.  I'd never spend that much at BB.

I was not here for that but that's hilarious.

So anyone have an example of games/deals in last year's early access? 

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#52 htz

htz

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

I don't have any information on what will be included in the event. Just make sure your MyBBY Elite Plus account is properly linked to your BestBuy.com account. You don't want to encounter issues getting the deals if they do happen to be good.

I think this is a first for Best Buy, most of the other premiere silver/elite plus events have been in-store only while this is online. (except for the annual black friday early access)

#53 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

I was not here for that but that's hilarious.

So anyone have an example of games/deals in last year's early access? 

The only early access deal last year was getting in on some of the Black Friday deals early. So they were really good deals, but I seem to remember a half hour of refreshing and aggravation before getting the one deal I wanted.

MPaullin.png

I removed my gifs. Now will you look at my signature??

#54 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

The only early access deal last year was getting in on some of the Black Friday deals early. So they were really good deals, but I seem to remember a half hour of refreshing and aggravation before getting the one deal I wanted.

This.

Selling on Amazon as Gaming Cheaply

Please feel free to PM me if there is a game you want to purchase cheaper than Amazon Warehouse or Gamestop.

#55 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

I have not been able to place a video game order with any type of payment method recently. I think other items as well not sure. When I did it over the phone the lady said they put some hold on all videogames that you had to use a credit card to verify you are an adult or some shit idk. But here is to hopping the site wont screw me.

#56 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

Is there usually a preview of the (preview) event? Or does the page just get refreshed with all of the deals once it goes live?

#57 Volitar Prime

Volitar Prime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

Is there a link to follow for when this goes live? I'm Elite Plus but never got any email about this event.  Also, what time is it supposed to start?

Thanks!

#58 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

One of the perks of Elite Plus is the pyramid sch... Feature they implemented where you can gift a membership to three friends or family. If the sales end up not being crap, I can offer my last slot up on the 24th.

That is only for Elite status, not Elite Plus. Those "gifted" with Elite status (shouldn't) have access to this sale.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#59 midloo

midloo

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

I remember this being pretty underwhelming last year.  Didn't end up buying anything from it.  

Posted Image

#60 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

I have not been able to place a video game order with any type of payment method recently. I think other items as well not sure. When I did it over the phone the lady said they put some hold on all videogames that you had to use a credit card to verify you are an adult or some shit idk. But here is to hopping the site wont screw me.

100% wrong. I just ordered a game last week. Final Fantasy XIII-2 for $10 from the BBY site and paid it 100% off in gift cards. I also bought three $10 PSN cards for store pickup on Monday and paid that off 100% with GC.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List