• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

http://www.amazon.co...odeId=201117690

Eligible items will display "FREE Shipping" next to their price. Items must be sold or fulfilled by Amazon to qualify toward reaching the $35 minimum purchase for free shipping by Amazon. Certain oversize and heavy items aren't eligible.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#2 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

Good time to sign up for 'dat Prime
http://www.amazon.co...aw_bottom_links

prime-dp-hero._V353605428_.jpg

/endplug

#3 person123

person123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

Ya thats like the nail in the coffin for me. I would sign up for prime but no 2 day shipping to Hawaii and the last time I had the trial they shipped my PRIME items via FSSS method (parcel post).

It was bad enough getting to $25 now I have to get to $35...ya no.

#4 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

Really? Stupid. They can't offer free site-to-store shipping already, so why be even less competitive? I have a feeling this is a move in the wrong direction, and they will fix their mistake by Christmas to prevent any further losses.

#5 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

Without Prime, it will be near impossible for regular folks to shop with Amazon during Black Friday week this year since almost every deal they offer has been locked under the gold box "buy in 15 minutes or lose it" for the past few years now.

Also: Best Buy is now "Free shipping with $25" so shopping online is really starting to lose its insta-buy appeal.  Wal-Mart may actually win this year.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#6 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

It's going to be hard for those that don't have prime to get in on the black friday lightning deals from Amazon. Finding a filler for a $10 - $15 deal to reach $35 to get free shipping will be fustrating while ensuring the item doesn't sell out.

Edit: Pretty much what Kerig said. :) 

Best Buy and Target also don't price match during the week of Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday.

#7 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

Well that sucks, but then again we are reaching the holiday shopping season and Amazon wants to cover their asses sooner. It just means I have to save up an extra $10 within the next few weeks.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#8 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

Once my Amazon prime student ends I guess I'm mainly done shopping on Amazon :/ Shame.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#9 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Good time to sign up for 'dat Prime
http://www.amazon.co...aw_bottom_links

/endplug

I jumped on the Prime deal when Amazon had a monthly charge of $7.99 and still on it. A little bit expensive I know but I can't shell out the whole $79.

431417_10150545115617030_1389355330_n.jp

#10 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

I jumped on the Prime deal when Amazon had a monthly charge of $7.99 and still on it. A little bit expensive I know but I can't shell out the whole $79.

So, you're OK with spending $95.88 over a year's time, though not $79 in one sitting?  I guess a "convenience fee" of $16.88 over a year works in this case. 

#11 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Amazon stealthily upps the minimum for FSSS by $10 right before Christmas without announcing it except on a virtual back corner of their website.

http://consumerist.c...fb_source=pubv1

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#12 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Even though some CAGs will give you shit for this, I appreciate the info =-)

#13 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

They've done a lot of shady stuff this year, like those products that are less than $10 that I can't get shipped even with Prime unless I add something else.

Since I have to pay tax there now I don't shop at Amazon as much any more.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#14 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

Best Buy > Amazon

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#15 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

Amazon also does shady stuff with Prime. If you buy Prime and you are not in the continental U.S, you get a surcharge for shipping that negates the "free shipping" bullshit. And since they are technically now Prime customers, they don't get the free super savings shipping option, so they have to pay for shipping no matter what. This is meant to scam customers not in the 48 states that may have heard about Prime's benefits. But when they themselves get Prime, they get screwed.

In other words, U.S. citizens paying for Prime in Alaska, Hawaii, etc. get a WORSE deal than not paying for Prime.

#16 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

Shipping kills it.

I'm being serious.  Finding enough filler to make $35 an order -- lol.  Makes Prime all that much more worthwhile (except for the increasing # of states being charged tax by Amazon...)

#17 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Holy shit in for 10!  Thanks OP.

There are plenty of forums on CAG for discussion, can we please leave the video game deals thread for video game deals please?  

In b4 all the clever "wannabe mod" responses.  What I really wish is for CAG to have a thread-hiding feature.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#18 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

This sucks...it was hard enough to find separate items to hit the $25 mark. I'll be ordering less and less from them.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#19 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

This is one deal that the Hoardos don't want. ;)

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Please send me a PM if you used my referrals. I want to do raffles for you.

#20 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Boooooooooo

Emoney244.png

tumblr_mz0fod5myP1r66dluo4_r2_400.gif

Cmon Sega stop publishing Hatsune Miku. Publish a real man's game. 

#21 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Use to primarily shop at Amazon, now I can't even remember the last time I placed an order there. They have been going downhill for a while now.

#22 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

This doesn't bode well for AWD shoppers and myself but I'm gonna take advantage of them starting Nov 1st with a 1 month prime trial so I could get my PS4 and black Friday items via 2 day shipping.

#23 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

I feel like this free shipping over 35 bucks is going to make the black friday lightning deals difficult unless I want 2 or more games at the time.

#24 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for the info, really sucks. Luckily I barely ever use FSS, was gonna sign up for prime anyway since I buy so much stuff online now

And some people should quit being turds when someone posts good info. Ignore it and move on
Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Well now we know where most bottom feeders lurk.

I mean do any of you guys shop at Amazon?

First most lightning and black friday deals are Free Shipping regardless of price or prime subscription.

Second if you live outside of the CONUS then you really can't complain about shipping prices. USPS is the only mail carrier that doesn't really discriminate based on where you live but that is only for flat rate pricing services like First Class and Medium/Large or standard flat rate mailers. The rest of their services are zoned just like FedEx and UPS.

UPS is obviously charging Amazon more to ship to your location and I don't think that the majority of prime users should have to pay more for their subscription just so those outside the CONUS can get free prime shipping. I mean seriously... there are resident in Canada and Mexico that live closer to a AZ distribution center then those that live in Alaska, Hawaii, PR, etc.

#26 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

I shop at Amazon, but have Prime. Next year, my state starts getting nailed w/ sales tax on Amazon, so my amount of purchases will be dropping sharply.

BTW, wrong forum. ;)

cagSig.png515886.png

#27 loudlyrandomplay

loudlyrandomplay

I just win.

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

I have prime so I don't really care. Totally worth it if you shop amazon and like tv shows and movies.

#28 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

I live in NJ and stopped using Amazon. I started getting charged tax, and then my Prime expired. I tried to buy something and when I saw the price skyrocket almost $10 because of shipping/tax I realized it wasn't the great place it used to be.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#29 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Not a deal.

[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#30 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!