Skylanders Wii U Bundle - $300 - November 15th

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
BXbKyupCIAA2qfJ.jpg

Skylanders Swap Force Wii U bundle revealed
$300 bundle includes 8GB Basic system, Starter Pack, and Nintendo Land.

In the lead-up to the holiday shopping season, Nintendo today announced an all-new Wii U bundle featuring Activision's Skylanders Swap Force.

Launching November 15 for $300, the bundle includes a white 8GB Wii U Basic system, a Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack (featuring the game, a Portal of Power, and three Skylanders figures), and a copy of Nintendo Land.

A collector poster, trading cards, and sticker sheets are also included. Nintendo discontinued the 8GB Basic Wii U model for general availability in September.

The Skylanders Swap Force Wii U bundle is not the only bundle Nintendo will offer this holiday. Earlier this week, Nintendo announced a new 32GB Wii U pack that will include New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U for $300. In addition, a special Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD bundle is currently available for $300.

Skylanders Swap Force is the latest entry in Activision's $1.5 billion toys-to-life series and was released earlier this month on Wii U, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, and 3DS. The game allows players to mix and match the top and bottom halves of 16 characters, for a total of more than 250 combinations. All toys from the original Skylanders and Skylanders Giants are compatible with Skylanders Swap Force.

The Wii U version of Skylanders Swap Force supports off-screen play, allowing users to play the entire game on the GamePad.
Nintendo's gonna sell a BUNCH of these this Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would feel more like a deal with the Deluxe system.
You're getting two whole games here, one of which is $75 and the other being $30, add in the random bits (Poster/Cards/Stickers) and that's like $110 worth of extras over the old basic bundle for the same price. I say that's a pretty good deal.

Not to mention that Pewter-looking figure is EXCLUSIVE to this bundle and you could probably flip him on eBay for $50-$75 alone, I would imagine.

You're getting two whole games here, one of which is $75 and the other being $30, add in the random bits (Poster/Cards/Stickers) and that's like $110 worth of extras over the old basic bundle for the same price. I say that's a pretty good deal.
Maybe. Since SSF is still at retail price. I don't care much for Nintendoland, but it's a decent deal. I'd have to factor in the price of extra storage. Also, sticks and cards aren't a seller for me. My Skylanders Giants stickers and stuff went to recycling. I'm out of the poster demorgraphic, yet still playing Skylanders. lol

Not to mention that Pewter-looking figure is EXCLUSIVE to this bundle and you could probably flip him on eBay for $50-$75 alone, I would imagine.
Yeah, but SALES STATISTICS LAME GRAPHIX SLOW UI ARMCHAIR CRITICISM NO GAEMZ BRO

Maybe. Since SSF is still at retail price. I don't care much for Nintendoland, but it's a decent deal. I'd have to factor in the price of extra storage. Also, sticks and cards aren't a seller for me. My Skylanders Giants stickers and stuff went to recycling. I'm out of the poster demorgraphic, yet still playing Skylanders. lol
Well I guess it all boils down to how much you intend on using the eShop. I've had my Wii U since launch and I've only downloaded like 4 or 5 games, none of which were retail games. So even though I went with a Deluxe (I wanted Nintendoland) I could probably get along just fine with a Basic model.

More importantly, the kids that the bundle is mainly aimed for would most likely not use the eShop at all.

I guess it all depends on whether or not you've got any old external hard drives (or internal hard drives you could buy a enclosure for) kicking around to plug in. Some people would have one they don't use anymore, so they would be able to plug it in and get going right away.

Well I guess it all boils down to how much you intend on using the eShop. I've had my Wii U since launch and I've only downloaded like 4 or 5 games, none of which were retail games. So even though I went with a Deluxe (I wanted Nintendoland) I could probably get along just fine with a Basic model.

More importantly, the kids that the bundle is mainly aimed for would most likely not use the eShop at all.

I guess it all depends on whether or not you've got any old external hard drives (or internal hard drives you could buy a enclosure for) kicking around to plug in. Some people would have one they don't use anymore, so they would be able to plug it in and get going right away.
Good point. This is a good bundle for kids. If I hop on the Wii U train, I'll go with the Mario or Zelda bundle.

Yeah, add in the $25 gift card from GS on Black Friday and it's not bad. The Dark version of the figure was pulling $40 on ebay, so I imagine you may get slightly more for this one. Wii U is tempting me this year.

Yeah, add in the $25 gift card from GS on Black Friday and it's not bad. The Dark version of the figure was pulling $40 on ebay, so I imagine you may get slightly more for this one. Wii U is tempting me this year.
Shit, I completely forgot about the extra $25 gift card from Gamestop. Plus, if you want Scribblenauts Unmasked that gets knocked down to $25 if you purchase a Wii U at Gamestop on Black Friday.

Shit, I completely forgot about the extra $25 gift card from Gamestop. Plus, if you want Scribblenauts Unmasked that gets knocked down to $25 if you purchase a Wii U at Gamestop on Black Friday.
Yep. That's a huge discount on those game with bundle purchase. Money savings there as well. Might have to do it, if I can get a little more credit before BF.

And the free Skylanders backpack. Also, Wind Waker HD and Super Mario 3D World for $25 with Wii U purchase!

And the free Skylanders backpack. Also, Wind Waker HD and Super Mario 3D World for $25 with Wii U purchase!
Ah yes, I forgot about the backpack.

Also, I'm fairly certain only Scribblenauts falls under the $25 deal.

If you look at the ad, SM3DW and Zelda have prices beneath them, but Scribblenauts does not, instead relying on the details to the side of it.

Ah yes, I forgot about the backpack.

Also, I'm fairly certain only Scribblenauts falls under the $25 deal.

If you look at the ad, SM3DW and Zelda have prices beneath them, but Scribblenauts does not, instead relying on the details to the side of it.
Now that I look closer, I think you're correct.

bread's done
Back