Photo
- - - - -

(PC Steam) Gamestop: Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena and Ghostbusters: The Video Game $4.99 each

riddick ghostbusters steam gamestop

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 uvi

uvi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

There is a sale at Gamestop for these two titles:

Chronicles of Riddick - Assault on Dark Athena $4.99

http://impulsedriven...s/ESD-IMP-W4153

Ghostbusters - The Video Game $4.99

http://impulsedriven...s/ESD-IMP-W7158

Those are Steam keys.

Could anyone from US or Canada help me get them please? I've got the money ready on PayPal or I can pay with Steam Wallet codes.

#2 airblade

airblade

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Thanks.

got one of each since they're not available for purchase on steam anymore.

#3 HenDoggy

HenDoggy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

op needs to put pc or steam on the title

#4 uvi

uvi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Fixed, sorry about that.

op needs to put pc or steam on the title

#5 donny2112

donny2112

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

got one of each since they're not available for purchase on steam anymore.

Does Riddick still activate, install, play on Steam?  Heard something about some DRM that required access to an external server that no longer exists.  Thought someone else said that was taken off with later copies, just want to make sure before buying.

Thanks!

#6 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Ghostbusters is a great game. Really underappreciated!

#7 donny2112

donny2112

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Looks like Riddick still wouldn't activate on Steam as of ~8 months ago. :(

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2337211

#8 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

Looks like Riddick still wouldn't activate on Steam as of ~8 months ago. :(

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2337211

It activates on Steam if you buy it from Impulse. Lots of people have confirmed it. Tages DRM is still present though. Only place you can get a DRM-free copy is GOG.

#9 donny2112

donny2112

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

It activates on Steam if you buy it from Impulse. Lots of people have confirmed it. Tages DRM is still present though. Only place you can get a DRM-free copy is GOG.

The webpage says it's version 1.0 and uses TAGES DRM in addition to Steam.  Based on that, it wouldn't activate (as in actually run after installation), but maybe the underlying file isn't actually using TAGES DRM.  It may only be $5, but not desirous to throw $5 away to find out first-hand. :/

#10 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

The webpage says it's version 1.0 and uses TAGES DRM in addition to Steam.  Based on that, it wouldn't activate (as in actually run after installation), but maybe the underlying file isn't actually using TAGES DRM.  It may only be $5, but not desirous to throw $5 away to find out first-hand. :/

If you're talking about the TAGES activation.. then yeah, that's a common issue. This fix works for some people (but not all):

http://steamcommunit...62626946324905/

BTW, you might wanna check the disccussion board for the game rather than the old steam powered forums.. they're more recent.

#11 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

crap...was charged 9.99 for Ghostbusters this morning...you guys think I can call and get the difference back from gamestop?

#12 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

crap...was charged 9.99 for Ghostbusters this morning...you guys think I can call and get the difference back from gamestop?

Actually, yes, you can! I paid $9.99 for it last night too, and when I saw it was down to $4.99 I sent a quick email to support. Just include your order # and payment method, and politely explain that since the price went down so soon after buying it, you'd like a price adjustment. I did this at 12:44PM today, and got $5 refunded to my PayPal at 6:49PM. Very impressed with GS' customer service this time (never thought I'd say that!)

76561197996844513.png

#13 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

Picked up both earlier today and activated on steam np. The only inconvenience was installing/uninstalling the Gamestop app though that took like 2min~

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps3:Lightning Returns
:3ds:Bravely Default
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#14 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

Picked up both earlier today and activated on steam np. The only inconvenience was installing/uninstalling the Gamestop app though that took like 2min~

Any problems w/ Steam-version of Riddick: Dark Athena?

Is the Tages DRM-check still there?

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#15 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:22 AM

Yeah, it's still there.  :bomb: But I was able to activate it with no problems at all. Still, I'm going to bump this game up near the front of the backlog in case those authentication servers up and vanish.

Also, this game has THE most fucked-up video options I've ever seen. I can't find any way to set it at 1080p no matter what I do!

76561197996844513.png

#16 Schizophriend

Schizophriend

Panda P.I.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

My order for Ghostbusters has been cancelled for no reason 5 times in a row now. I give up.

I'd be willing to trade my Riddick for a copy of Ghostbusters if anyone manages to get an extra. 

Panda P.I. (My music)

My SteamTrades Thread (200+ Indie Steam keys @ $0.65 each)