Photo
- - - - -

BestBuy.com - Arkham Origins (360/PS3) w/steelbook - $50 (YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 pscloud

pscloud

I'm just sayin'...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Ordered the Best Buy exclusive steelbook for Store Pickup, and it came with the game.  So $10 off with steelbook and some of the pre-order bonuses - it has the Deathstroke DLC, but I don't see the Robin/Tim Drake skin.

PS3 - http://www.bestbuy.c...0&skuId=1602415

360 - http://www.bestbuy.c...5&skuId=1602391

YMMV since I don't know if every Best Buy will give the game with the steelbook, but figure if it doesn't, you could just return it...

#2 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

If you want the steelbook, you should hurry, as the last time there was a "Gift with Pre-order" thing (GTA V Lithograph), I bought it and my order came without it.

Luckily, CS came through and gave me a $30 GC, but if you actually wanted this, order.

#3 neonon19s

neonon19s

Gotta Catch 'em All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

Ordered the Best Buy exclusive steelbook for Store Pickup, and it came with the game. So $10 off with steelbook and some of the pre-order bonuses - it has the Deathstroke DLC, but I don't see the Robin/Tim Drake skin.

PS3 - http://www.bestbuy.c...0&skuId=1602415

360 - http://www.bestbuy.c...5&skuId=1602391

YMMV since I don't know if every Best Buy will give the game with the steelbook, but figure if it doesn't, you could just return it...

So you ordered just the steelbook today online and went in for store pickup and got the game, steelbook, and preorder bonus code?

#4 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

This seems pretty YMMV. I wouldnt be surprised if they just gave you the steelbook by itself

I remember when I got Prototype 2 on sale earlier this year I tried to get them to PM me the Steelbook for free, and they kept trying to charge me the 50$ for it. (Eventually relented after a while)

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 pscloud

pscloud

I'm just sayin'...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

So you ordered just the steelbook today online and went in for store pickup and got the game, steelbook, and preorder bonus code?

Yes - I received the steelbook and the game - they were stickered together.  The Deathstroke pre-order bonus is a sticker on the normal game case.

#6 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

my store, they set all the steelbooks aside for who those who preordered it. They even had my name on a list, which i was surprised.

#7 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Mine says its available for pickup, but I'm not even gonna try. I'd literally not touch the game for months, still havent even started Arkham City....

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Mine says its available for pickup, but I'm not even gonna try. I'd literally not touch the game for months, still havent even started Arkham City....

Exact same here.

I bought Madden 25 & GTA V and haven't really played either of them and I'm picking up WWE 2k14 on Tuesday.

#9 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

my store, they set all the steelbooks aside for who those who preordered it. They even had my name on a list, which i was surprised.

Mine had a giant sticker on my steelbook. I would of liked the name on list instead of trying not to damage my case.

#10 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

Mine had a giant sticker on my steelbook. I would of liked the name on list instead of trying not to damage my case.

did they direct you to the store pickup area for the game and steelbook?

#11 anthfett06

anthfett06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

I ordered hoping I would get the game. But no, just the case. I'll be returning it. Cool case, but terribly cheap feel to it. The hinges were loose too.

#12 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

Exact same here.

I bought Madden 25 & GTA V and haven't really played either of them and I'm picking up WWE 2k14 on Tuesday.

You two should get help.

Regarding this: I guess you guy do a store pick up, and if it doesn't include the game, then just let them cancel the pick up on the spot. Can I tell if it comes with the game or not on the spot without opening it?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#13 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

You two should get help.

Regarding this: I guess you guy do a store pick up, and if it doesn't include the game, then just let them cancel the pick up on the spot. Can I tell if it comes with the game or not on the spot without opening it?

Im a game hoarder :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

Wasn't this a confirmed Metalpak? That does matter to some people

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#15 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

You two should get help.

steelbook comes separately with the game. kinda of the ni no kuni gamestop steelbook preorder. you buy the game, and the employee give you the steelbook. that is how it worked, when i picked up my steelbook and game. They checked my receipt to see if i preordered batman arkham origins, before giving me it. I am not sure how it worked for other people at their local bestbuy store.

#16 anthfett06

anthfett06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

It's just an empty case. Not wrapped or anything.

#17 anthfett06

anthfett06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

steelbook comes separately with the game. kinda of the ni no kuni gamestop steelbook preorder. you buy the game, and the employee give you the steelbook. that is how it worked, when i picked up my steelbook and game. They checked my receipt to see if i preordered batman arkham origins, before giving me it. I am not sure how it worked for other people at their local bestbuy store.

Wait, so did you get the case for free by pre-ordering it?

#18 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

Wait, so did you get the case for free by pre-ordering it?

only when i went to pick up the game today, and i did preorder it in store 2 weeks ago.

#19 anthfett06

anthfett06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

only when i went to pick up the game today, and i did preorder it in store 2 weeks ago.

Wow, I would have preordered had I known that. :(

#20 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

Wow, I would have preordered had I known that. :(

there is a good chance they might have extra steelbooks, you can try buying the game, and ask the store employee if they have extra steelbooks they can give you. my store got extras, and i saw someone give the steelbook to another customer who asked for it, even thought he did not preordered the game. IT was like 12 + steelbooks.

#21 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

The OP's store picked the order incorrectly. He should have got just the collectible case which is empty. Maybe the way description prints in store they got confused. 

#22 WolfmanASTN

WolfmanASTN

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

The Robin in the game is Dick Grayson.....

This would be awesome to get if I had the money to right now :p

#23 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

The Robin in the game is Dick Grayson.....

This would be awesome to get if I had the money to right now :p

i doubt most active members on this forum uses real money for their gaming habits/purchases.

#24 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:51 AM

i doubt most active members on this forum uses real money for their gaming habits/purchases.

I deal in bodily fluids and unholy offerings
Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

I deal in bodily fluids and unholy offerings

you literally buy every single game that releases, lol.

every time there is a new collectors edition announcement updated in this forum, i see you in it.

#26 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

Why was the OP going to pay $50 for the steelbook/metal pak?

#27 ryryused47

ryryused47

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

It worked for me! Just clicked the link, purchased and picked up from store twenty minutes ago. Game and case bundled together.

#28 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

Right - I always use Chuck E Cheese tokens, except once when I used Monopoly money.
I have heard that a Unicorn's nose hair can get you some great deals too

#29 MRW2276

MRW2276

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

I preordered two days ago  and did it for instore pickup. Ended up with 2 Steelbooks one was shipped when I ordered online for pickup and they also gave me one instore when I picked up the game today. Go figure.

#30 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

Can anyone post a picture or confirm if this is a Steelbook or Metalpak? and, is the PS3 version G2 sized?

Thanks! (sorry, I'm seeing conflicting info from other sites.)