Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (12/8 to 12/14)

• Please log in to reply
575 replies to this topic

#61 Chalupa Batman

Chalupa Batman

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Just picked up a Wii U this week. Was itching to get some good games, good thing I waited. Def getting Mario and Zelda. But what other titles are included?

Same here. I picked up a Wii U a little over a week ago and am itching to get a good catalog built up. Looking at snagging SM3DW and LoZ WW. Hoping I can grab Lego City and Pikmin 3 as part of this deal as well.

Might grab a eshop card. What do I use it for, virtual console games?

#62 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

Same here. I picked up a Wii U a little over a week ago and am itching to get a good catalog built up. Looking at snagging SM3DW and LoZ WW. Hoping I can grab Lego City and Pikmin 3 as part of this deal as well.

Indie games! Mighty switch force! Runner 2 if you don't have it on steam/ps+/ XBLA. toki tori 2! or just get earthbound

#63 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

Hmm... Do I take part in this B1G1 50% off or take my chances and wait for a B2G1 free? I think I'm going to just get SM3DW and WWHD with this sale.
Posted Image

#64 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

Oh good, hopefully they'll have better stock on the Skylanders than for BF and they'll still get the GCU discount.

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: AC4 :hot:
EldritchOnRye.png

#65 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

Hmm... Do I take part in this B1G1 50% off or take my chances and wait for a B2G1 free? I think I'm going to just get SM3DW and WWHD with this sale.

They are essentially the same deal…. Price wise….  Just boils down to game multiples.

:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: none :ps4: inFamous Second Son, MGS: Ground Zeroes, Thief
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y
:psp: Dragons Crown, LBP Vita, Smart As, Sound Shapes

#66 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

Skylanders get the GCU 20% discount? Is that right??

Posted Image

#67 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

I just bought the Mario & Luigi 3DS at Target with the 20% off coupon.  This would have been a slightly better deal, I think.

I wonder if this will work on the Zelda 3DS and if they have any left anywhere after Black Friday. 

I think I actually like the design of the Mario & Luigi more than the Zelda though.  I'm about 4 hours into Dream Team now.  It's fun...but SO MUCH DIALOGUE.

#68 HookerMctitties

HookerMctitties

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

the current trade ins without the bonus are actually better then when best buy offers a bonus….  I beat and traded in Killzone….got $44 for it, then used that credit to get Ryse for $4 (plus tax), $47.99 - $44, and now I'm going back today to trade in Ryse for $44……  Gonna use that value to get Forza next week with the 400 bonus!

I mean who else gives $44 for a game trade in?!?!  No one!

Thanks for the trade-in value head's up. Played Ryse and enjoyed it. May just trade it in for the $44 and pick it back up in a few months when it drops in value. 

#69 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for the trade-in value head's up. Played Ryse and enjoyed it. May just trade it in for the $44 and pick it back up in a few months when it drops in value. 

You're welcome.  Yea it was fun, but after you beat it the Arena aspect isn't enough to warrant me keeping it when I can get $44 back…I'm going to trade it in after work.

:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: none :ps4: inFamous Second Son, MGS: Ground Zeroes, Thief
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y
:psp: Dragons Crown, LBP Vita, Smart As, Sound Shapes

#70 typesdragon

typesdragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

I think I have enough 3DS deals this year.  :joystick:

Attached Thumbnails

• 20131203_215523.jpg

#71 lingitiz

lingitiz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

Would Walmart price match the buy 1 get 50% off? I would love to get a Wii U and then use the $25 GC with that deal.

#72 TheOmegaSoldier

TheOmegaSoldier

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

If I were to pick up 2 copies of Ryse, would I get 800 bonus points?  or is there typically a one per title limit?  I know someone earlier mentioned a limit of 5 total.

#73 Joeker

Joeker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

What do you do with all of those?

#74 Chalupa Batman

Chalupa Batman

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

Would Walmart price match the buy 1 get 50% off? I would love to get a Wii U and then use the $25 GC with that deal.

Why not get the Wii U at BB? Same $25 GC deal...

#75 One51

One51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

What do you do with all of those?

Probably just hoards them so he can see people complaing on here about not being able to find one.

#76 lingitiz

lingitiz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

Why not get the Wii U at BB? Same $25 GC deal...

Oh I didn't realize they were offering that as well. Do you have a link? Thanks btw. 

Edit: nvm just saw it in the OP. Whoops.

#77 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

Is this Buy one get one 50% off thing gonna work online, or do I have to actually go to the store?  

Works out to two 3DS games for $30 each.  Might be okay for getting two copies of A Link Between Worlds for gifts for $30 each plus tax.  (Okay, not a great deal... but better than retail price.)

#78 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

Should be of note that many of the non-gift card deals are "Rollbacks". This is encouraging to know since other retailers are likely to follow, meaning possible sales on top of that in the future.

#79 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

It did over the BF week, we'll see if it still does.  I'm a skeptical but hopeful since it seems like the kind of thing that isn't meant to be covered by it.

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: AC4 :hot:
EldritchOnRye.png

#80 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

Just picked up a Wii U this week.  Was itching to get some good games, good thing I waited.  Def getting Mario and Zelda.  But what other titles are included?

Also same here. I'm down to get SM3DW, but I wonder what else to pick up with it. New Super Mario Bros. U, The Wonderful 101, and  Pikmin 3 are on my list.

#81 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

Also same here. I'm down to get SM3DW, but I wonder what else to pick up with it. New Super Mario Bros. U, The Wonderful 101, and Pikmin 3 are on my list.

Why not all 4 ;D

#82 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

Are there any good exclusive eshop games? I'm new to the 3DS so am not sure. I usually like to get retail versions of games if I can but would be interested in stuff that is only on the eshop.

#83 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Are there any good exclusive eshop games? I'm new to the 3DS so am not sure. I usually like to get retail versions of games if I can but would be interested in stuff that is only on the eshop.

Everyone should have Earthbound.  :)

Also, make sure you check out the Wii U General discussion thread here on CAG, and also check out the Wii U eShop Deals thread.

#84 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Also same here. I'm down to get SM3DW, but I wonder what else to pick up with it. New Super Mario Bros. U, The Wonderful 101, and  Pikmin 3 are on my list.

NSMBU already comes with system. Don't forget to pick up Zelda.

#85 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

It depends on your situation to maximize the deal.

Do you want 3 games or only 2?

Looking at the $40 price range, your estimated value of paying for each is $30, where as the B2G1 is roughly $27.

Edit: in the $60 price point your looking at spending $40 B2G1 vs $45 in this deal.

Is it really worth waiting and risking for the B2G1 never coming around over $3 or $5 really worth it?

xivpads.png

#86 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Assuming all game you plan to pick up are $60

B2g1F : $60+60+60=$180-60=$120/3= $40 per game.

B1G1half: $60+60=120-30(1/2 game)= $90/2= $45 per game.

During Target last Buy 2 get 1 free sale, a lot of the Wii U titles were $50 online(i.e. Pikmin, Zelda Wonderful 101)

#87 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

For those looking to get a Wii U, you can get the system for $299 and get the $25 Giftcard.

Use the $25 giftcard and get say Mario 3D World and Wind Waker combined for $65 total. So about $365 for Wii U + Mario 3D World + Wind Waker 

#88 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

NSMBU already comes with system. Don't forget to pick up Zelda.

What? I'm pretty sure my Wii U has me covered with Zelda, but not NSMBU.

#89 FattyMoBookyButt

FattyMoBookyButt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

I've purchased the Skylanders Swapforce game and figures and they've applied the GCU discount to all of them. You can test right now by putting the items in your cart at bestbuy.com and it will show the discount. Works for Infinity characters as well.

#90 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

What? I'm pretty sure my Wii U has me covered with Zelda, but not NSMBU.

guess he assumed you got the standard Other bundle of the 5 that are out there :|