PowerUp Rewards Steal of the Week: 25% off Pre-Owned for 500 Points

PenguinMaster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/

It's listed as a mystery coupon but everyone has reported that it's always a coupon for "25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase" that expires on 11/17.

If it ever changes into something else I'll update this post.

25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase Subject to availability by location. Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer Valid 10/28/13 through 11/17/13.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may use it to finally buy a wired 360 controller for my computer gaming. I imagine it would be (slightly) better than my dualshock 3. Thanks, op.

Thanks for posting this. I just got 30,000 PUR points from e-rewards and was wondering what the mystery coupon was. Not a bad deal, but I'm using all my points to get mostly free games.

May some brave CAG try it with the Bday coupon so that the rest can decide whether to redeem or not :lol:

We will honor you by offering you praise.

Praise.jpg

25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase Subject to availability by location. Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer Valid 10/28/13 through 11/17/13.

Thanks for posting this. I just got 30,000 PUR points from e-rewards and was wondering what the mystery coupon was. Not a bad deal, but I'm using all my points to get mostly free games.
That's interesting. How do you get the PUR points from e-rewards? I only have the option for gift cards.

25% Preowned and the expiration date is very long so that's awesome. Question though it gives me a choice to redeem my points for the code AGAIN. If I do that will GS give me shit for it?

25% Preowned and the expiration date is very long so that's awesome. Question though it gives me a choice to redeem my points for the code AGAIN. If I do that will GS give me shit for it?
you should be able to get as many as you can afford, unless that's changed recently.

They never do. Employees do it an some customers exploit the hell out of it.

Probably a dumb question but does the expiration date extend if you buy it later in the week? Or is the 11/17 date fixed. 

Edit: Looks like its a fixed date. Oh well =P. I'll probably get one, too cheap to pass up haha

Since it states 25% off a pre owned purchase, will this technically work with the 149.99 PS3 consoles? If so, then I might finally own a PS3
Could go either way but GameStop does have the systems labeled as refurbished so they could easily say the coupon is only good for preowned items and not refurbished items.

The only two games on my wishlist that aren't pre-orders are TLoU and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, but with the used prices after discount, I feel like BF would yield better results.

has anyone tried it with more than 1 item? i can't tell if it limits to just one item or 25% the total pre owned

It's the same one from a few weeks ago but it costs less to redeem it now. It's all items in the purchase.
Are you sure it's not just one item?

Anyone use it and receive 25% off entire purchase?

I had one in my in box a few weeks ago, I believe the wording was the same...took it in assuming entire order 25% but it only triggered 25% off one item...staff member that I trusted thought it was only for one item...

thank you in advance to anyone responding that has used it today...

There were a few sales happening the week the coupon got activated. They could have taken priority. I don't remember anyone having it apply to one item. Do you still have your receipt?

There were a few sales happening the week the coupon got activated. They could have taken priority. I don't remember anyone having it apply to one item. Do you still have your receipt?
I changed the order at the counter.

The staff member has worked there for years and knows her stuff...unlike many staff...

She sympathized but said this coupon verbage is for one item not the purchase.

I want you to be right, lol and have done a bunch of research to go out and buy ... but need confirmation after my personal experience a couple weeks ago.

Thanks again to anyone who used this today for more than one item in their order....

I changed the order at the counter.
The staff member has worked there for years and knows her stuff...unlike many staff...
She sympathized but said this coupon verbage is for one item not the purchase.
I want you to be right, lol and have done a bunch of research to go out and buy ... but need confirmation after my personal experience a couple weeks ago.
Thanks again to anyone who used this today for more than one item in their order....
One manager knew how Trade 2 works. They don't all know everything.

I used it weeks ago and I got the discount on all items. The manager took the transaction himself. He thought it was one item but he read it and he said that he would allow it if the system allows it.

The coupon actually negated my B2G1 items and applied the 25% to them.

Lol if this works on Ipads than those B2G1 Resellers are going to have an even harder time selling them. Kind of tempted to get one, Mini's are $200 and the 4th Gen is $300.

Lol, i bought and printed five of these. I hope i can find something to use them on before 11/17 if anything ill just find some cheap crap.

(not to mention i still have my legitimate birthday coupon)

bread's done
Back