Photo
* * * * - 14 votes

OLD THREAD: New thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4979 replies to this topic

#31 major morgan

major morgan

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Well I just got the last two weeks of hold confirmations all at once.

Well if you want a strategy guide it's a good deal since that's just over half a $20 off coupon.

Same here. When I wasn't getting any email responses, it felt like something was wrong with their system. The stores had no clue what I was talking about.

Now there are stores holding games that I've already picked up a week or two ago. 

#32 jfh2c

jfh2c

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

GTA 5 $30

#33 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Okay so if I go to a midnight launch to pick up a game, will they take the $10 PUR coupon? I know that sounds like a silly question to ask, never been to one and all I hear about is coming before midnight and getting a sales receipt and whatnot.  Doesn't sound like they handle it as a normal transaction.

Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#34 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

Okay so if I go to a midnight launch to pick up a game, will they take the $10 PUR coupon? I know that sounds like a silly question to ask, never been to one and all I hear about is coming before midnight and getting a sales receipt and whatnot.  Doesn't sound like they handle it as a normal transaction.

Yes, they have everyone come in and pay for the game (if they still need to) and get their final receipt between 9 and 10 PM so you would do any trades towards what you're picking up and use your coupon then.  The good stores then also give out numbers of groups when you finish doing that so you can leave and come back at 11:30 PM if you want.

Basically you pay after the store closes like a normal transaction but they can't give you the game until after midnight.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#35 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

whats a cheap use game to get to trigger the 50% promo.  was it links cross bow for the wii. i don't see that avail on gamestop.

#36 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

whats a cheap use game to get to trigger the 50% promo.  was it links cross bow for the wii. i don't see that avail on gamestop.

Kinect Adventures

#37 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Kinect Adventures

cool. thx for the prompt reply.

#38 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

It's not on the website as used but every store has at least 6-8 copies.  Otherwise there's a number of dollar sports games.

Kinect Adventures

I don't know if it's company wide but all the stores around here trashed them a week or two ago and I believe someone mentioned they did in their area as well.  A new guy even tried to find one for me while I tried to think of something more exciting than another Link's.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

#39 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Dark Souls  (PS3) -$6

#40 Jaashuaa

Jaashuaa

Jeep! Jeep!

• CAGiversary!

whats a cheap use game to get to trigger the 50% promo. was it links cross bow for the wii. i don't see that avail on gamestop.

Its not on the website, but trust me just ask for it. I'm sure they'll have a copy.

Eldritch stop ninjaing me.

518815.png

#41 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

yeah, dollar sports games are the best.  I found NHL 08 for $0.89 the other day so just used that.

TIV today, all 360:

GTA V:  $30 base

Madden 25;  $22 base

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#42 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

yeah, dollar sports games are the best.  I found NHL 08 for $0.89 the other day so just used that.

I'm kind of wishing I wasn't banned now and would actually like to pick up a few more of those now that I'm realizing that I really hate the last couple of years sports games.

#43 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

kinect adventures and mag got field destroyed as i was told. still too human is 99 cents if you need a game and my gamestops still have links crossbow training
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#44 dominator

dominator

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

TIV today, all 360:

GTA V:  $30 base

Madden 25;  $22 base

Crap, I may have to trade Madden in at GS if the TIV is the same. Does anyone know if the 50% will trigger using the 25% off coupon?

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#45 Msn1983

Msn1983

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

any reason as to what you did that you believe got you banned?

I did a LOT of Pokeflips. Including one store where I did 5 Pokeflips at once. The guy said he needed more trade ins for his numbers and offered to do 5 in a row for me. So that was 10 Pokemon games right there. I prolly did atleast another 6+ flips. Along with 5 B2G1s where I would Buy GTA (birthday coupon) and 2 more pokes. Also probably used the birthday coupon 10+ times the last 2 months. So take your pick lol

#46 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

10/28/13

:ds:

Pokemon SoulSilver - $13

:wii:

Mario Party 9 - $10

:ps3:

Nascar 2011 - $5

:360:

UFC Undisputed 3 - $7

MLB 2k13 - $7

Battlefield 3 - $1.50

#47 ZhengMaster

ZhengMaster

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

So after 11/1, we can start to return games since its "holiday" season?

Also is the GTA 5 flip still available (I didn't get a chance to do it) but I was reading on the previous thread about iPad flips?

#48 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

Also is the GTA 5 flip still available (I didn't get a chance to do it) but I was reading on the previous thread about iPad flips?

You can return any games purchased after 10/1/13 right now through 1/15/14.

You can use your PUR points to get the mystery coupon (25% off pre-owned products) and buy GTA at around $40 and trade it back in for $48 after bonuses. The iPad flip is using the same coupon to get the Gen 4 iPad 16GB at $280 and flipping for around $400

#49 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

By the receipts the holiday return period started on 10/1.

#50 Msn1983

Msn1983

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

It varys by Gamestop. My local store refused to take items after 7 days regardless of the reciept

#51 jos2h

jos2h

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

Same here. When I wasn't getting any email responses, it felt like something was wrong with their system. The stores had no clue what I was talking about.

Now there are stores holding games that I've already picked up a week or two ago. 

same here, just got a Hold Confirmation/ PIck Up Ready for ATK

From 10/27

PS3

Dragons Crown - 18.00

GTA V - 30.00

Kung Fu Rider - 0.30

#52 Jaashuaa

Jaashuaa

Jeep! Jeep!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

It varys by Gamestop. My local store refused to take items after 7 days regardless of the reciept

Sounds like survey time.

518815.png

#53 Jaashuaa

Jaashuaa

Jeep! Jeep!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Yup, Im also going to try and stack it with a $5 off coupon so I'll let you know if its stackable. I only use my pur points for money off, I don't need any of the other stuff they offer. Plus with gta flips 11,000 is nothing.

I also just got my "holds" emails.

Also I'm still not banned as of today anyhow. Traded in one of my links for .02 just to test it. ATK is worth .25

It stacked btw. Not sure who cares, but yay battlepack for $9.99 lol and a sweet book.

518815.png

#54 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

I did a LOT of Pokeflips. Including one store where I did 5 Pokeflips at once. The guy said he needed more trade ins for his numbers and offered to do 5 in a row for me. So that was 10 Pokemon games right there. I prolly did atleast another 6+ flips. Along with 5 B2G1s where I would Buy GTA (birthday coupon) and 2 more pokes. Also probably used the birthday coupon 10+ times the last 2 months. So take your pick lol

Damn,

How much credit were you able to accumulate.

#55 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

that sucks, i'd argue and ask them why not. and then would show them the receipt where it says so. luckily, multiple gamestop's i've visited basically told me it works that way, as in a rental.

Miami+Flash15.png

#56 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

Its corporate policy. Sounds like the store manager needs to have a small conversation with the DM. If the DM's in on it too, than contact the regional vice president.  No way a chain store can make there own policy other than refusing service.

It's shit like this that gamestop pull that pisses every off. If i cant screw GME with trade in values or use b-day coupons to get new games cheap, i'll never shop there.

EDIT: Not to mention, there can be legal ramification as the receipt clearly states the return/exchange policy. 

#57 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

Well it was not the best trade really but I wanted to get my hands on a DS4 (even though I won't be going next gen anytime soon) so I decided to trade in GTA V, Prototype 2, and my extra DS3. Picked up a vanilla Batman:AC and the DS4. Ended up with $5 back after getting 60% on the trade.

DualShock 3 $14

My snap opinion on the DS4 is that it is WAY better than the DS3. The sticks are more stiff and the groove is nice. The triggers and bumpers are place better and the trigger is a huge improvement over the DS3. It is larger but seems lighter (Edit: This would be wrong though, the DS3 weighs 6.125 oz and the DS4 is 7.25 oz). The negatives are the triggers are still not 100% right to me. There needs to be more of a curve still. It also feels a little fragile and the textured underside does not have the grip I would expect. Still WAY better and I am looking forward to using it on some PS3 games. It is still not as good as the 360 controller which for me is as close to perfection for my hands.

Posted Image

#58 Tmega

Tmega

No Longer In Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

Just got in on the iPad flip only paid $256 and change for it though is there some kind of sale already going on for them ?

#59 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

So Pokeflip is still on? Lots of big titles coming out tomorrow, so I'm hoping to do one during my lunch break. They usually update the trade list on Wednesday, right?

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#60 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

Traded:

Iron Man (PS3): $2