GameCube deals

Dallas12Cowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Hello all! I am looking for a gamecube because I want to play some of the older zelda and resident evil games. Yesterday I went to gamestop.com and saw that they had refurbished gamecubes in stock. I figured they had a large stock so I went off to do something and when I came back they were out of stock. Does anyone know how often it comes back in stock? I would've snatched it immediately had I known that they aren't always in stock...

Also, does anyone know where I can find gamecube games at a reasonable price? Gamestop has no stock on any resident evil/zelda games for gamecube and Amazon's prices are outrageous.. I've never tried ebay before but I may give it a shot if it's my only option.

EDIT: 

On a totally side note, will an elite status from Best Buy that has been gifted to me grant me access to early BF Deals? Or is it only for those who actually earned the status

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy a Wii from Black Friday at Gamestop. It's $40 with poweruprewards.

Or search around. The Wii can do a lot more things than you realize without taking it apart.

The accessories and games will require a bit more work, as the Gamestop clearance has basically wiped out everything.

At this point the only way to get the GC games cheap is through yard sales/thrift stores. Ebay will have them but you will pay market price

Not sure about GC console stock at Gamestop but I agree about maybe buying a Wii instead.  Make sure it is an older model wii with the gamecube controller ports though.  I play Harvest Moon Magical Melody this way and it works fine but it does require a memory card and controller.

You might find a good system on craigslist.

As for games...look for smaller independent game shops...or again craigslist...or yard sales.

Alright thanks for all the responses! It looks like I'll be missing out on The Wind Waker, but I suppose there's not much I can do about that. There is no way I'd be willing to spend 200+ for a wii u.

Whoa! none of us said Wii U. Nope.

What we said was Wii. And not a newer one either because they removed the backwards compatibility to GameCube.  Nope. What you want is one of the older $40-$80 Wii's that has the GameCube controller ports.

What you want to look for is the direction the word "Wii" is oriented on the front.  If the Wii is sitting with the disc slot parallel to the shelf it is sitting on, the word "Wii" will run perpendicular to the shelf at the end of the disc slot. Or if the Wii is sitting on it's side so the disc slot is sideways, then the word "Wii" will be at the bottom of the disc slot.

Example...you want this:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/B0045FCKVI.05.lg.jpg

not this:

http://www.nintendo.com/images/wii/whatis/promo-wii.png

You should be able to find these used at Gamestop, on ebay, on craigslist, on Amazon, on Cowboom,  You'll just have to also buy a gamecube controller and gamecube memory card.

Wow thank you for the detailed information!! I know my family had a wii a while back, so if we still have it I'm thinking that it should be the GameCube style. Have you used the chamelon controller from GameStop? I'm thinking for $15 as long as it works correctly it'll be worth getting. I'll definitely have to look around for a memory card though unfortuantely.. I plan on stopping at a local video store and then checking if there's any surrounding goodwills.

Also, I will be able to insert gamecube games into the older style Wii's and play them on there?

I have not used a GS chamelon controller. I've only used an actual Nintendo GameCube controller (wired, not Wavebird).  If it comes down to it, you should be able to get a memory card on Amazon.

And yes, even though the gamecube discs are so much smaller, they insert into the Wii just fine.  I personally have only used it to play the GC version of Harvest Moon Magical Melody, but it works just fine.

I found a gamecube in 100% working order for $4 at my local goodwill. Odd place but they may have something you're looking for at your local GW as well.

No luck at my local GW.. They had nothing but ps1 sports titles; said they hadn't had any video game donations in months. It may come down to me having to surf Ebay for the games/memory card I need. I did find out today that I still have my old Wii so I no longer need to find a gamecube, just a controller/memory card/games

Check thrift stores and ur local independent retro video game stores. I know my local store sells them for 14.99 with a controller included and hookup cables.

Alright thanks for all the responses! It looks like I'll be missing out on The Wind Waker, but I suppose there's not much I can do about that. There is no way I'd be willing to spend 200+ for a wii u.
Lolwtf?

Wind Waker is a GameCube game and a Wii U game. You can play it on three consoles with two discs.

Just get an original style Wii that stands. It takes GameCube games, has controller ports and memory card ports.

Ok so I (hopefully) have one last question. I'm planning on purchasing a gamecube controller/memory card, and have Zelda Wind Waker (hopefully working) coming from gamestop. Now I noticed on ebay that Twilight princess is much cheaper to buy for Wii, so would I have to get a different controller to play it on the Wii? Or will the gamecube controller work on that game even if it was made for the Wii..

Your wii should have at least one remote/nunchuk combo that came with it unless that has been lost?  If you think you'll play other wii games as well you should really have at least one wiimote/nunchuk so if you can't find the one that came with the wii I would pick up a replacement.

I'm in the same boat as you. 

1. Get a Wii.

2. Get a Component Cable for the wii so it goes up to 480p.

3. Look at gamestop.com for the gamecube games.

I have already had a good collection prior, but i have been using amazon credit to get some of the games. Totally worth it getting them at market value, for me at least. That's only because of Amazon Credit. Haha.

You may not know this but other CAGs were saying the a lot of times the GS Gamecube games don't work. Play them thoroughly so you know.

Honestly though, if the GameStop games work, that would be great. I have some ordered to.

bread's done
Back