Gradius V (classic ps2 shmup) possibly coming to PS3.

limelight022

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (99%)
Initially released on the PlayStation 2 in 2004, Gradius V may soon be making an appearance on the PlayStation 3, assuming a new ESRB rating is to be believed.

The rating - "T for Teen" with "Mild Fantasy Violence" - offers no information on when we should expect this PlayStation 3 version of Gradius V, nor any word on what might differentiate it from the original version of the game. That said, it seems likely that Gradius V will be released as a downloadable title, owing to both its hardcore fanbase and the middling sales it produced at retail in 2004.

Whenever it arrives, Gradius V will mark the first English-language entry in the series since 2008's Gradius Rebirth, a WiiWare pseudo-remake of the four Gradius games released for the Japanese MSX home computer system.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/29/esrb-rating-suggests-gradius-v-is-headed-for-ps3/

Wouldn't mind the PS2 versions of Gradius III/IV as a PS2 classic. Gradius V has been on my PS2 want list for a long time.  Least now, I'll have another option for Gradius V.

Never tracked down the PS2 version of  Gradius III/IV as both are on Gradius Collection for the PSP.  Wouldn't mind Gradius Rebirth on the PS3/PSP/Vita.

I already have Graidus III/IV collection for PS2, as well as Gradius V. Also have Gradius collection for the PSP. I like me some Gradius. It's great that they are re-releasing V for PSN, though. Hopefully it won't just be a straight port, but will get rendered at full resolution.

It wont play on many ps3 systems since theyre not backwards compatible.
True, but it's not like the original PS2 is rare. When you have more than 100 million of a system produced, it's not usually that difficult to pick one up second hand. I always hang onto all of my old systems.

I'll probably grab it, since the PS2 version is a CD based blue backed game, and it's a great title anyway, hopefully we'll see something sooner rather than later.

One of my favorites, I revisit this game every year

what I really want is dodonpachi on us psn

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back