Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Collector's Edition

Faytz

CAGiversary!
Not sure if anyone is interested.... but I read somewhere only 15000 are made and sold...

Eb games have it up for preorder right now if anyone is.

EB Games Link:

http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/games/tales-of-symphonia-chronicles-collectors-edition/318062?loc=bestsellers_row2_col1

Amazon.ca Link:

http://www.amazon.ca/Namco-11135-Symphonia-Chronicles-Collectors/dp/B00FRESMZE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1383303968&sr=8-3&keywords=tales+of+symphonia+chronicles

Updated: Thanks for reminding me there's always amazon.ca!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only heard details verbally, but supposedly in the USA it's also being distributed through Amazon and the Bandai-Namco/Digital River store. Maybe we might get some Amazon stock, but it sold-out prettymuch instantly on .com.

Namco Bandai store was sold out last week, I tried place a order with them, but I had trouble with their website. Place my order with EB on tuesday night. Amazon has it now also.

I would advice to not place your order with Namco's store. After the ordeal with Ni No Kuni, I would steer clear of it. Amazon.ca seems to have it up for pre-order as well. 

So... Will you guys be mad that I just pre-orered 120 of these to resell at a profit margin so small that I'd literally only be costing other people money, rather than actually making any? 

So... Will you guys be mad that I just pre-orered 120 of these to resell at a profit margin so small that I'd literally only be costing other people money, rather than actually making any?
Making the jump straight to the Onyx tier, are you :bouncy: Why not order 12k of something that comes out sooner?!

Pre-release on Feb 2014? Can't wait. I still play Tales of Symphonia time to time on my Gamecube, haha.

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Yeah I went to both stores today, and none had it on their shelves. Seems they just wanted to troll me :(.
Well it's in back I'm sure. Best bet is to try walking up to a random cashier who isn't busy and flash the game on your phone, say you can't find it and point out the stock checker (but not the release date). If they're stupid they'll walk into the back and get you a copy.

Well it's in back I'm sure. Best bet is to try walking up to a random cashier who isn't busy and flash the game on your phone, say you can't find it and point out the stock checker (but not the release date). If they're stupid they'll walk into the back and get you a copy.
And then the POS won't let them sell it, it will beep loudly and flash the street date.

I've had Walmart do this to me before. They put Naruto Shippuden 3 behind their window, and the machine beeped and wouldn't let me buy it.

After what happened with the Xillia CE, I see no reason to need to hurry on these myself. Hell, Xillia CE prices have dropped; I imagine this will be similar.

Not really. Sure they're the same series, but being a port/rerelease we've played before Symphonia naturally won't sell as well overall. Xillia also did CE preorders before they glutted the collector market with the first print LE. I'm sure a lot of CE buyers flipped their CEs to downgrade to the cheaper LE. So there were a lot of sealed CEs out there, and combined Xillia probably has *at least* 10 times as many fancy editions floating around for any collectors to obtain. So they aren't really comparable.

Although, Symphonia still might not be too valuable. It's already been nitpicked and known to be a kinda bad port. They've based it off the PS2 port for no reason, which was inferior to the Gamecube version (but with added FMV), also in the process of making a port of a port they've apparently buggered up the cell shading and some visual effects. So who knows how well it'll be received...

It's already gotten an 80 from IGN. And the CE for it is one of the best ever released. I'd say a lot of people are looking forward to it, including myself.

bread's done
Back