• Please log in to reply
849 replies to this topic

#121 Rudybegga

Rudybegga

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

How did Best Buy FUBAR you?

Well, a couple weeks before release, I called in and asked if they were taking pre-orders, lady said she didn't know.  I went in about a week and a half before the system launched, and system was in the pre-order database.  Thought, "Okay, I'll print one out."  Printed it out, took it to the register, lady said it wouldn't scan.  Took it to the customer service desk, typed the sku in manually.  Said there was an error.  Half hour later, I just said I'd be back tomorrow, maybe it'd be sorted out by then.  

Well, came back the next day, I tried printing the pre-order, it wouldn't print this time.  Talked to a manager about it, they said they would be getting 7 in, to check back later when their machines were working and they'd replaced the printer tape.  I said okay.  Took another half hour or so.

4 days before it launched, I checked with them and they said that there were 3 people who pre-ordered it and they weren't taking pre-orders anymore on it.  Asked if they were going to have extras on hand, and said, as before, they'd be getting 7 in and to come to the store early.  Took about 45 minutes.  

Got there 3 minutes after they opened on launch day, and they said that they only got the 3 for pre-orders, just for the people that pre-ordered the system.  No more.

"Well, shoot, when are you getting another shipment in?"  "By Thursday" (or a week or so after it came out, I think).  

So I came back on Thursday, there was a display case for the system on display.  I thought "Great, finally this ordeal has come to an end."  Took it to the desk, lady went to look for it.  Couldn't find it and said they didn't have any on hand and didn't know why the display case was out there.  I asked if they could order one for me online, they couldn't.  Asked if I could Store Pickup the item. So she checked and I couldn't.  Asked if there was any of the system at other Best Buys, locally, if she could do a Store Transfer.  She said there was one at Salem (45 minutes to an hour away, and I can't drive).  And that she could do a Store Transfer, unfortunately the Store Transfer machine was down.

So, all in all, I'm glad that I wasn't able to procure a Pokemon 3DS XL, as I love the Zelda system infinitely more.  However, this whole experience has given me a sour feeling in my stomach in regards to my ability to snag a Zelda system from Best Buy.  

I checked on Saturday, and the Zelda system Pre-Order option isn't in the self service console computer.  Haven't checked with any manager or supervisor in regards to the matter, but I'll be stopping back in tomorrow to trade in some things.

#122 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

Stop hoping Amazon will put it up, they haven't put a console up for presale since the original 3DS days.

and they didn't sell 3DS XL consoles until last week when they just started selling them again

since they're selling them again there is always a possibility of them getting this one for preorder.

#123 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

Well, a couple weeks before release, I called in and asked if they were taking pre-orders, lady said she didn't know.  I went in about a week and a half before the system launched, and system was in the pre-order database.  Thought, "Okay, I'll print one out."  Printed it out, took it to the register, lady said it wouldn't scan.  Took it to the customer service desk, typed the sku in manually.  Said there was an error.  Half hour later, I just said I'd be back tomorrow, maybe it'd be sorted out by then.  

pokemon 3ds XLs were never available for in store preorder.. the preorders they had were probably people who preordered online for pickup in store. 

#124 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

and they didn't sell 3DS XL consoles until last week when they just started selling them again

since they're selling them again there is always a possibility of them getting this one for preorder.

Like I said.. Amazon does not put Nintendo consoles up for "PRESALE" anymore. This won't change unless their distrobution deparment makes amends with Nintendo. So don't hold your breath.

#125 lovepig78

lovepig78

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

tldr: tried to preorder Pokemon 3DS XL in store and failed

I preordered online with in store pick up...  I've asked a couple of times in store and everyone is clueless.

Best bet is to preorder online...

If you dont have a computer or internet. use the computers at Best Buy.

Only use cash? Buy an Amex gift card.

#126 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

I think I've heard of this company before. Do you think the Zelda design will peel off from it being on there for so long? Is it engraved on the gamepad? That's the console I'm getting but wondering about that design rubbing off.

No it won't. It also won't turn yellow like the invisible shield ones do. I've peeled these off from my LE dissidia PSP and LE FF7 crisis core PSP before.

Moreover from what I've seen the triforce design is etched not painted on.

#127 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:30 AM

No it won't. It also won't turn yellow like the invisible shield ones do. I've peeled these off from my LE dissidia PSP and LE FF7 crisis core PSP before.

Moreover from what I've seen the triforce design is etched not painted on.

Ok. Thanks. Hmm.. I asked because I saw someone mention paint rubbing off of a 3DS. I don't think it had anything to do with a shield. Just hoping that gamepad design is quality built to last. Etched is good! Means it shouldn't get stuck to a shield over time!:)

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#128 Rudybegga

Rudybegga

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

pokemon 3ds XLs were never available for in store preorder.. the preorders they had were probably people who preordered online for pickup in store. 

I went in today and they had the pre-order tickets available for the Zelda bundle.  Tried to take it to a register and pre-order, didn't work.  It seems as if the same thing is happening as the Pokemon system.  You may be right about that....  

My big question is, however, why was it listed on the in store pre-order printout-computer?  And why was I able to print it out and take it to the register if its not available for in store pre-order?

#129 Rudybegga

Rudybegga

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

I preordered online with in store pick up...  I've asked a couple of times in store and everyone is clueless.

Best bet is to preorder online...

If you dont have a computer or internet. use the computers at Best Buy.

Only use cash? Buy an Amex gift card.

I've got enough in gift cards to cover the cost.  I just want to be sure that I'm able to secure one and that it won't be a colossal failure.  Also, that I wouldn't have to tie up all this trade and something happens....

#130 Pixie Stix 88

Pixie Stix 88

Will Game 4 $$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:36 AM

Well, came back the next day, I tried printing the pre-order, it wouldn't print this time.  Talked to a manager about it, they said they would be getting 7 in, to check back later when their machines were working and they'd replaced the printer tape.  I said okay.  Took another half hour or so.

4 days before it launched, I checked with them and they said that there were 3 people who pre-ordered it and they weren't taking pre-orders anymore on it.  Asked if they were going to have extras on hand, and said, as before, they'd be getting 7 in and to come to the store early.  Took about 45 minutes.  

Got there 3 minutes after they opened on launch day, and they said that they only got the 3 for pre-orders, just for the people that pre-ordered the system.  No more.

"Well, shoot, when are you getting another shipment in?"  "By Thursday" (or a week or so after it came out, I think).  

So I came back on Thursday, there was a display case for the system on display.  I thought "Great, finally this ordeal has come to an end."  Took it to the desk, lady went to look for it.  Couldn't find it and said they didn't have any on hand and didn't know why the display case was out there.  I asked if they could order one for me online, they couldn't.  Asked if I could Store Pickup the item. So she checked and I couldn't.  Asked if there was any of the system at other Best Buys, locally, if she could do a Store Transfer.  She said there was one at Salem (45 minutes to an hour away, and I can't drive).  And that she could do a Store Transfer, unfortunately the Store Transfer machine was down.

So, all in all, I'm glad that I wasn't able to procure a Pokemon 3DS XL, as I love the Zelda system infinitely more.  However, this whole experience has given me a sour feeling in my stomach in regards to my ability to snag a Zelda system from Best Buy.  

I checked on Saturday, and the Zelda system Pre-Order option isn't in the self service console computer.  Haven't checked with any manager or supervisor in regards to the matter, but I'll be stopping back in tomorrow to trade in some things.

That really sucks.

As a employee of BB. I am going to be honest with you i highly doubt the LOZ 3DS XL will be on the in store preorder screen/machine. Ours hasn't been updated and hardly anyone knows about except me and one other employee. I decided to just preorder mine online and pick it up at my own store. I suggest you do the same if possible. Especially since its comes out the same day as the Xbox One (if your store has a midnight opening) it technically should be available at the same time. So it only takes one scalper to walk off with as many as the manager will let them. 

501272.png

#131 Rudybegga

Rudybegga

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

That really sucks.

As a employee of BB. I am going to be honest with you i highly doubt the LOZ 3DS XL will be on the in store preorder screen/machine. Ours hasn't been updated and hardly anyone knows about except me and one other employee. I decided to just preorder mine online and pick it up at my own store. I suggest you do the same if possible. Especially since its comes out the same day as the Xbox One (if your store has a midnight opening) it technically should be available at the same time. So it only takes one scalper to walk off with as many as the manager will let them. 

I can upload pics if you like.....  Pics because it happened!

#132 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

I can upload pics if you like.....  Pics because it happened!

here is your answer,

http://forums.bestbu...p/722387/page/2

I heard back from the team that I asked about this and I wanted to provide you with the information that I received. Unfortunately, it doesn’t sound like this is something that we’ll be taking pre-orders for in-store. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes as I know you were hoping to be able to put down a deposit to place your pre-order. We do still have the options for pre-ordering it through BestBuy.com for either Store Pickup or shipping if you’re interested.

Thanks for reaching out, and I’ll definitely post back if I happen to hear that this has changed.

Sincerely,

#133 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

Nice job on keeping people updated.  SO... No in-store pre-orders it seems from BB.  Do they usually have pre-orders on systems?  Maybe they want to have the advertisements bring people in.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#134 Joeker

Joeker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

How good of a deal is this?

#135 Joeker

Joeker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

Also, should I get this or the PS Vita?  Don't know what games the Vita has, thinking of going with the DS cause I love Zelda, but the PS4/PS Vita thing intrigues me.

#136 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

No in-store pre-orders it seems from BB.  Do they usually have pre-orders on systems? 

I did my WiiU pre-order in-store.

Went and told the worker I wanted to pre-order.  All he did was walk me over to the kiosk and input it for me.

It worked and I got my system on launch day.  But it always felt sketchy as to whether they WOULD hold it for me.  That's why I made sure to show up right away.  Even tried to see if they would release it to me the night before just to make sure they even had'em in stock :)

Current Playlist:

Wii U  +++++  Mario Kart 8 - tear it up!     Deus Ex HR - sneak, sneak goes the Aug.

Xbox 360  +++++  Rocksmith 2014 - what do you mean I suck

#137 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

Also, should I get this or the PS Vita?  Don't know what games the Vita has, thinking of going with the DS cause I love Zelda, but the PS4/PS Vita thing intrigues me.

I'd lean towards the 3ds xl only because it's unlikely they'll release another Zelda themed 3ds XL (maybe a 2ds one ;) )

And the PS4/Vita thing will probably be another half-ass pipe dream.  That's the drawback to add-ons.

Current Playlist:

Wii U  +++++  Mario Kart 8 - tear it up!     Deus Ex HR - sneak, sneak goes the Aug.

Xbox 360  +++++  Rocksmith 2014 - what do you mean I suck

#138 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

I'd lean towards the 3ds xl only because it's unlikely they'll release another Zelda themed 3ds XL (maybe a 2ds one ;) )

And the PS4/Vita thing will probably be another half-ass pipe dream.  That's the drawback to add-ons.

Machine wise the Vita destroys the 3DS. I love the big screen and the look of games on it. It has games you just have to look alittle for them. If you want Mario, Luigi, and Zelda then yeah get a 3DS

#139 Joeker

Joeker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

Thanks.  So is this a good deal, or is it cheaper to get a regular 3ds xl and the zelda game separately?

#140 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:52 AM

Thanks.  So is this a good deal, or is it cheaper to get a regular 3ds xl and the zelda game separately?

You could always, you know, look it up. Elementary math. :whee:

But I'd say go with 3DS XL because of Zelda and Smash Bros. 

Posted Image

#141 Joeker

Joeker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:59 AM

You could always, you know, look it up. Elementary math. :whee:

But I'd say go with 3DS XL because of Zelda and Smash Bros. 

I rather ask, and rely on the community cause they might let me know of a 3ds xl deal somewhere.  Thanks though.

#142 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

Nice job on keeping people updated.  SO... No in-store pre-orders it seems from BB.  Do they usually have pre-orders on systems?  Maybe they want to have the advertisements bring people in.

they haven't done preorders instore for any of the limited edition 3ds xls

#143 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:27 AM

I rather ask, and rely on the community cause they might let me know of a 3ds xl deal somewhere.  Thanks though.

Touché.

Lowest I've seen is $169.99 and I think that's rare. 

A copy of Zelda is $40, so yeah, it's cheaper to do it separate if you don't care about the Triforce logo. 

I'm sure we'll see some sales leading up to BF, etc.

Posted Image

#144 Nesboy43

Nesboy43

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

The normal retail price of the XL is 200 and Zelda is 40. The bundle is 220 so you are saving 20 bucks. However, note that the bundle's Zelda is download code only. I am more a physical media person but didn't want to pass up this XL so I made an exception. Sometimes the XLs go on sale though. Sometimes you get a sale + LE release, which is how I got my Pikachu 3DS XL the day of release for 160 (like many other CAG members). The Limited Edition systems keep their resale value though so I would not hesitate to pick this up. I am now able to get this Zelda XL for the price of selling my used Pikachu XL and I will have about 100 dollars extra too.

#145 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

I was all ready to buy one and then saw cheap ass Nintendo provides a download code instead of the physical game. I hate digital media when there is a physical release

#146 Nesboy43

Nesboy43

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

I was all ready to buy one and then saw cheap ass Nintendo provides a download code instead of the physical game. I hate digital media when there is a physical release

You could always sell the digital to someone on here and buy the physical copy yourself. You wouldn't even have to mail it, just send them the code by PM.

#147 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

nvm

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#148 Ginger Junk

Ginger Junk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

What exactly is the "deal" here?

#149 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

If you don't see it as a deal, why even ask the question? Go to another thread.

#150 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

I too hate digital and don't know why anyone ever ops for it unless they are getting it for half the price of physical (which in this case you are). Even then you are stuck with it and it will never be worth anything. Having said this I could not resist preordering this because it's such a sharp looking machine. I just have to decide whether I'm going to keep it sealed or open it up and play it. I had an XL a few months back and really liked my launch 3ds better seems the blown image had screen door effect and the speakers weren't near as loud but the XL was more comfortable to my hands and battery lasted a bit longer so just have to decide if tradeoff is worth it.