TNA Wrestling Is For Sale Wrestling Thread

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#31 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hey WWE Universe! Have you heard of Silent Hell The World's Only Ryback Fan! 

Hey WWE Universe!!! Have you heard of Zen Davis, The worlds biggest wrestling forum troll!

Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#32 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

When Kane debuted, he was a 6 foot killer monster who curbstomped The Undertaker after ripping open Hell in a Cell and tombstoning him. Now we hear "this is what's best for business. So Stephanie, the monster is yours to command." *takes off mask*

An image of a 6ft Kane popped in my head and I laughed out loud.

pitfall_harry219.png

Now Playing: :ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, :ps4: Madden 15, :ps3: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, :ps3: Jeopardy

#33 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

An image of a 6ft Kane popped in my head and I laughed out loud.

H8Z9M8e.jpg

MLIFTgM.gif

#34 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

:rofl:

#35 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

Hey WWE Universe!!! 

Hogan's back.

#36 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

6 foot killer monster.

I do agree the way they went with the Kane thing was stupid when this was the first chance they've had in around a decade to do a massive character shift for him, but I don't expect him to still be an unstoppable force. Dude has a decade and a half of time put in, he's had his moments.

But yeah, terrible resolution. Come out, chase away the lackeys of the guy who orchestrated crushing your fucking skull, and then disregard it by posting a Tweet that says #nomorrbuzzards. Fantastic.
Posted Image

#37 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:13 AM

tumblr_mvm8km6Rml1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Hey. It is me or is Cena less annoying with the WHC than the WWE Champ? At least for one day.

#38 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

Hey WWE Universe!!! 

Hogan's back.

daniel-bryan-no-o.gif

default.pngmmitch079.png

#39 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:14 AM

When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside...

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-House, M.D. season 7
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#40 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

daniel-bryan-no-o.gif

Jc6q9En.gif

#41 Silent Hell

Silent Hell

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Hogan is the worst, yes, but how can WWE get any worse than it already is?

#42 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Can't wait to see the IWC contradict themselves yet again when they nut there jeans the second Hogan's music hits on RAW.  :rofl:

I often wonder if they've periodically had legitimate night time dreams about it since high school.

#43 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Well, they could decide to make Khali the new face of the WWE.....

Posted Image

#44 Chase

Chase

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

I, for one, want to see how bad WWE can get. Well, I mean, I won't be watching, but I look forward to the reactions from fans.

-

Since there's WCW content in the last few posts...

I still miss you, WCW.

#45 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

La Parka was one of the best things WcW had going. 

Posted Image

#46 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

Greatest thing ever!

http://i.imgur.com/xkKXsrt.gif

#47 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

Was that from Smackdown? I would have watched but I tuned in and saw John Cena ranting about Cesaro's nipples.

Quickly changed the channel to Undercover Boss instead. 

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#48 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

nGw8Gs2.gif

So how would you guys turn TNA around?

#49 Chase

Chase

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

I wouldn't. They made their own bed, years ago (when they chose to push names instead of talent), and now they have to sleep in it.

#50 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

I wouldn't. They made their own bed, years ago (when they chose to push names instead of talent), and now they have to sleep in it.

So they should just roll over and die? Leaving tons of talented names out of job, WWE as the sole option for non-Indy wrestling (don't act like ROH is anything more than king of the Indys)?

Fuck that. Say what you will about the general shittyness of TNA for well the last 8 years or so, but there have been genuine moments of greatness. Theyre hit (Bully) or miss (Sabin) as for successfully building up new main eventers, but they've tried. The people running the company in the past (Russo, Jarrett, Hogan, Bishoff) have all been pretty shitty, but I'm always willing to give them another shot. Granted, by this point it's a wait and see mentality, but the AJ thing is kind of interesting and the tournament for the secondary-world champion seems like it could go somewhere. Hopefully they stick around another 6 months. I'd like if they can put together some interesting TV by then.

So how would you guys turn TNA around?

It's pretty easy. Have AJ defend the belt in ROH / Japan / Mexico. Have him basically go on a world tour for like 3-4 months. Meanwhile, have someone (doesn t really matter, but probably a face) win the belt and then drop it to Bully in those 3-4 months. Then have Bully call out AJ and have them blow off the feud at an actual PPV, with actual buildup. Probably should be some kinda ECW-level, brutal blowoff. Get as R-Rated as possible. TNA going forward should appeal to the older, attitude/ECW fan. They should make WWE look tame and cute. "Where wrestling matters" right?

To that extent, use the X-Division to build up newer stars. Like in the past, open it to all weight-limits. Like a pseudo-hardcore title, just without the over-abundance of gimmick matches. The older X stars like Sabin and Aries should give the rub to newer more proven dudes and then move onto the main event. When AJ returns, that same PPV should be the end of a "season" with all the story lines reset after. They should have writers writing out the next year+ worth of ideas. And they should definitely retcon some aspects of previous storylines. Don't just ignore Aces, and the horrible Joseph Parks shit, just address and move on. Shared continuity is hot right now, as evidence by the Marvel movie franchise.

Lastly, build the tag team and KO division back up. Theyre should be 5-7 contenders per division. Bring in outside teams and women. Make it seem like TNA is more Worldwide than the so-called World Wrestling Entertainment.

They can't match the WWE no matter what. They'll likely never be Number 1 or even close, but they can be the de-facto number 2 company. They can be everything the WWE isn't, appealing to those nostalgic for the late 90s, as well as those who are hardcore indy fans. Take it slow and steady and I bet by 2020 TNA pulls in some bank.

#51 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

Eric the Midget is going to start a kickstarter so he can buy it.

Beat me to it.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#52 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

Concert_1383577466.jpg

(via Getty Image)

Here’s something you may not know: Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins loves pro wrestling and runs his own independent wrestling promotion. He’s even made local furniture commercials about it.

The reason I say you may not know this is because Corgan’s involvement in wrestling gets discovered by someone at a mainstream sports blog every few months, they write it up as a breaking story and it circulates as Hot Newz until people start tweeting me with OMG CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? Yes. Yes I can. I watched his promotion’s match at National Pro Wrestling Day this year. It was horrible. (Yes, National Pro Wrestling Day is a thing.)

So, speaking of Billy Corgan and horrible wrestling, today’s big rumor is that Corgan is interested in purchasing TNA Wrestling, aka Impact Wrestling, aka The Place Where All The WWE Guys Go When WWE Doesn’t Want Them Anymore, And Also Samoa Joe Is There. Catch the news the first time it goes around!

Via Alternative Nation:

“I have heard from a second hand source who is close to a key figure in the rumored TNA Wrestling sales discussions who has verified that Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan is far along in his talks to purchase the company. This source went as far to say that he believes it is a “done deal” that Corgan will buy TNA, though the source didn’t know what percentage Corgan will be purchasing or the specifics of the deal. The source also says that Corgan has recently made a connection to somebody very wealthy, though it is not known if this party would have anything to do with the deal.”

I’ve been following up with various “dirt sheets” that report wrestling news to see if anyone has any additional information, but “report” in the wrestling journalism world means “copy and paste whatever paragraphs you can find and add nothing,” so here we are. Personally I think Corgan’s ability to book a wrestling show is pretty suspect — Resistance Pro’s match at NPWD was built around how hilarious it is to beat up women and got “domestic violence” chants from the sweatiest, loneliest guys you can imagine — but ANYTHING would be a good change of pace for TNA. They’ve been a company defined by putting all of their eggs in one basket and then curb-stomping the shit out of the basket, so who knows? I just want the next Smashing Pumpkins album to have someone yelling STAY TUNED FOR BELLATOR in the middle of songs.

I can offer some breaking news: Billy Corgan’s lending a Smashing Pumpkins song to the intro video for TNA Lockdown 2009.

Kinda miss that wacky ring, not gonna lie.

Read more: http://www.uproxx.co.../#ixzz2jiH3g7WR
Follow us: UPROXX on Facebook

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#53 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Just came to post that lol

@SPINmagazine: Billy Corgan might soon own TNA wrestling http://t.co/gj2zMvL8Eo

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#54 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

TNA for sale? Wake me up when Shane McMahon signs the dotted line.
MLIFTgM.gif

#55 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

Heck yeah! Big Show's back!

#56 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:08 AM

Oh shit! Corporate Kane!

#57 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

The wheels have completely come off this storyline and have Wrestlecrap spewing from the tailpipe.

default.pngmmitch079.png

#58 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

Hey Zen Davis HeroToTheMasses if you can mind calming it down a bit there that'd be great mmmmk.

New sig coming soon.

#59 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

Poor Sid never stood a chance in a battle of wits with Nash. That makeup kills me every time.

pitfall_harry219.png

Now Playing: :ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, :ps4: Madden 15, :ps3: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, :ps3: Jeopardy

#60 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

Shitty article.