TNA Wrestling Is For Sale Wrestling Thread

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#61 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

TNA and Corgan both have said the sale isn't happening. Rather if this is truthful or not we'll see. Personally I don't want Corgan to own TNA. Especially after seeing that match from National Pro Wrestling Day which was pretty bad. Man on woman violence is wrong.

New sig coming soon.

#62 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

What match?

#63 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

What match?

Jay Bradley & Darcy Dixon vs. Robert Anthony & Thunderkitty on the evening show. There was multiple man on woman (and woman on man) spots including an ending where Bradley beat down Dixon post match. There was also as noted above a ton of "domestic violence" chants during the match too. It was very Russo like booking and it was pretty terrible.

New sig coming soon.

#64 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

As bad as this?

#65 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

^ My girlfriend would absolutely hate that.  lol

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#66 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:13 AM

He should do that to a fat guy.

MANBOOBPLEX!

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#67 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

Moobplex?

Big Daddy V would be the perfect candidate.

#68 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:58 AM

Or Bobby Dempsey for that matter.

New sig coming soon.

#69 LoveLost

LoveLost

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

What about Heath Slater?

Spoiler

#70 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

After seeing that video I am glad Joey Ryan is no longer in TNA. 

Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#71 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

After seeing that video I am glad Joey Ryan is no longer in TNA. 

You know in certain circles, women would claim you're being sexist. I'm assuming you don't think women should be in the military either?

BTW, Candice La Rae has one of the most beautiful diving DDTs in the business. 

#72 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:38 AM

You know in certain circles, women would claim you're being sexist. I'm assuming you don't think women should be in the military either?

BTW, Candice La Rae has one of the most beautiful diving DDTs in the business. 

I'm sexist because I think Joey Ryan blatantly groping a woman is in piss poor taste? Also, I have absolutely ZERO problems with women in wrestling or serving their country in the military. I don't see what that has to do with Joey Ryan groping women though... 

Oh damn, I allowed myself to get dragged into a "debate" with Zen Davis, the king of trolls.

Posted Image

#73 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but Jim Duggan has an Indiegogo up for shoulder surgery: http://igg.me/p/566920

For the price of two fast food value meals, you can help someone get their career back. 

Spoiler

uc.png

#74 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but Jim Duggan has an Indiegogo up for shoulder surgery: http://igg.me/p/566920

For the price of two fast food value meals, you can help someone get their career back. 

Spoiler

I wasn't surprised at all when I saw DDP was involved with this. He's such a good dude.

#75 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:43 AM

Candice has a Ballplex as well.

#76 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

On the Playstation Network, there is a 99 cent movie rental for a wrestling documentary called Bloodstained Memoirs. Has anyone seen it?

With all this talk about TNA, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Knockouts division which, compared to the WWE divas, is like night and day. To have enough confidence in them to main event an episode (possibly more) of TNA Impact and have a ladder match [that was actually good] really showed me how much confidence they have (had?) in them. If there is no buyout, then I hope WWE can hire the person or persons responsible for that talent.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#77 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

Dutch Mantell was a big part of the peak of the Knockouts division from what I remember.  Not sure who has been in charge since.  It's a shame they couldn't work something out with Mickie James as the division was just getting interesting again.

#78 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

AJ Styles got a lowball offer from the WWE for a contract worth 20% of what he makes with TNA.

#79 Silent Hell

Silent Hell

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:29 AM

TNA and Corgan both have said the sale isn't happening. Rather if this is truthful or not we'll see. Personally I don't want Corgan to own TNA. Especially after seeing that match from National Pro Wrestling Day which was pretty bad. Man on woman violence is wrong.

Nonsense. Many women, nicluding Natalia, Tamina, and Beth Phoenix are as strong as men. Not to mention, it's all scripted. They aren't likely to get hurt. It's stuff like this that spawned the monster known as PG era WWE.

#80 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:39 AM

Spyder, if Candie La Rae is okay with it, who are you to tell her what she can't do with her body? Other examples of women and sex in wrestling.

Bobby Dempsey becomes a man! Jump to 7 minutes in. Sweeney encourages Bobby Dempsey to take advantage of a knocked out Allison Danger.

#81 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

Nonsense. Many women, nicluding Natalia, Tamina, and Beth Phoenix are as strong as men. Not to mention, it's all scripted. They aren't likely to get hurt. It's stuff like this that spawned the monster known as PG era WWE.

yvZFpgA.gif

Credit: Man God 

#82 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

Because it put so many butts in the seats the first time they brought him in: http://www.cagesides...ed-pacman-jones

#83 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

Spyder, if Candie La Rae is okay with it, who are you to tell her what she can't do with her body? Other examples of women and sex in wrestling.

Bobby Dempsey becomes a man! Jump to 7 minutes in. Sweeney encourages Bobby Dempsey to take advantage of a knocked out Allison Danger.

ph2xi.jpg

Posted Image

#84 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

What the heck is Zen Davis? That's like the thirtieth time people here have referred to that.

Look man. If you are going to take things from the perspective of the man (Joey Ryan) instead of the woman's (Candice) you are ignoring a critical part of the equation. Whatever blame you are laying at the feet of Ryan has to be laid at the feet of La Rae. There is nothing trolling about that. The logic is straightforward.

After dealing with 3 years of women's right classes, the basic idea is that women should be able to do any job that a man can do. The other side of this is that wrestling isn't real. Its a broadway show no different to Cirque De Soil or a Burlesque midnight show. These are two performers who play off your expectations of sexuality and morality to perform a spot that draws an audible reaction from audiences.

If you think I am trolling you, I assure you I am not. The comparison to the military was made to point out that one of the complaints people levy against women joining the military is that men, upon seeing women get killed, would be put in a mindset that would render them unable to do their job. I felt the comparison was apt because regardless of how uncomfortable something may make a man, it's not his call to judge whether a woman can or cannot perform that job. It is the woman's. If Candice was okay with that spot, and it's a spot she has been doing for years, do you have any right to tell her different?

By shifting all the blame on Ryan, you're saying Candice was either taken advantage of by Ryan, or worse yet, is incapable and irrelevant as a woman of deciding to be okay with a spot like that.

A troll does what he does for a reaction. Like I said before, ignore me. Don't respond. Leave me alone. But I just spent time writing out a reasoned and thought out explanation, built up on years of Women's Rights and Third Wave of Feminism classes, on why you should rethink your position. If you don't care though, I don't care, because if your capacity for discussion is limited to text on images, I don't want to talk to you. Leave me alone.

ibx8fvDkPrjFtw.gif

#85 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

I'm sexist because I think Joey Ryan blatantly groping a woman is in piss poor taste? Also, I have absolutely ZERO problems with women in wrestling or serving their country in the military. I don't see what that has to do with Joey Ryan groping women though... 

Oh damn, I allowed myself to get dragged into a "debate" with Zen Davis, the king of trolls.

What it should get him is a swift kick in the balls or a testicular claw.  Whether that applies to Joey Ryan, Zen Davis, or both is up to you.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#86 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Vince McMahon on commentary is hilarious!

"Oh my the abdominals"

#87 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

What the heck is Zen Davis? That's like the thirtieth time people here have referred to that.

Look man. If you are going to take things from the perspective of the man (Joey Ryan) instead of the woman's (Candice) you are ignoring a critical part of the equation. Whatever blame you are laying at the feet of Ryan has to be laid at the feet of La Rae. There is nothing trolling about that. The logic is straightforward.

After dealing with 3 years of women's right classes, the basic idea is that women should be able to do any job that a man can do. The other side of this is that wrestling isn't real. Its a broadway show no different to Cirque De Soil or a Burlesque midnight show. These are two performers who play off your expectations of sexuality and morality to perform a spot that draws an audible reaction from audiences.

If you think I am trolling you, I assure you I am not. The comparison to the military was made to point out that one of the complaints people levy against women joining the military is that men, upon seeing women get killed, would be put in a mindset that would render them unable to do their job. I felt the comparison was apt because regardless of how uncomfortable something may make a man, it's not his call to judge whether a woman can or cannot perform that job. It is the woman's. If Candice was okay with that spot, and it's a spot she has been doing for years, do you have any right to tell her different?

By shifting all the blame on Ryan, you're saying Candice was either taken advantage of by Ryan, or worse yet, is incapable and irrelevant as a woman of deciding to be okay with a spot like that.

A troll does what he does for a reaction. Like I said before, ignore me. Don't respond. Leave me alone. But I just spent time writing out a reasoned and thought out explanation, built up on years of Women's Rights and Third Wave of Feminism classes, on why you should rethink your position. If you don't care though, I don't care, because if your capacity for discussion is limited to text on images, I don't want to talk to you. Leave me alone.

I don't really agree with the military comparison, but that's a good point man. Despite everyone being dead set on hating you, at least you're starting discussions.

#88 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

I don't really agree with the military comparison, but that's a good point man. Despite everyone being dead set on hating you, at least you're starting discussions.

iUihrmctlI6Ij.gif

#89 Yggy87

Yggy87

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Shifting gears,

I'm planning on attending HoH3 show this weekend. Wanted to go on the fan bus, but work schedule wouldn't let me. Card sounds exciting. Hopefully it's more like HoH1 and not HoH2. 

Also contemplating if I should go to one or both of the DGUSA shows next weekend, or save up and go to ROH's Final Battle instead.

Posted Image

#90 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

Shifting gears,

I'm planning on attending HoH3 show this weekend. Wanted to go on the fan bus, but work schedule wouldn't let me. Card sounds exciting. Hopefully it's more like HoH1 and not HoH2. 

Also contemplating if I should go to one or both of the DGUSA shows next weekend, or save up and go to ROH's Final Battle instead.

Tough, tough choice. FB2013 has the better main event imo.