TNA Wrestling Is For Sale Wrestling Thread

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#241 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

As reported recently, WWE’s newly released History of WWE DVD and Blu-ray features a peculiar edit as the historic WrestleMania III match pitting Hulk Hogan against Andre the Giant is strictly shown from a singular camera angle (there is also no commentary present in the match). According to WrestlingDVDNews.com, there is a “major reason” for this oddity.

The reason is spoilered because it's a lot of text:

Spoiler

pitfall_harry219.png

#242 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

That's ridiculous.  On what basis would his potential lawsuit have merit? 

default.png2.png

#243 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

You mean Davey's side of the story where he admits he stole $350 from a promoter, didn't perform, and left? Man I know you got a stick up your ass when it comes to me, but don't let it get to the point where you're defending thievery.

It's more because the article you linked to only told ONE side of the story. The promoter's side. Therefore I linked to Davey's side which clearly you the poor CAG's Dave Meltzer wouldn't have done. Do I agree with what Davey did? No. Especially because it took away a chance the fans who paid money to see him. But in all fairness his side of the story is worth taking into consideration even if you disagree with it.

On that note I will agree with you on Davey's issues. And now with him burying the ROH title in a recent interview I can't see him lasting in the WWE if he pulls that kind of immaturity backstage. ROH at least tried to be polite in how they wrote him out of the company instead of outright saying why.

New sig coming soon.

#244 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

The reason is spoilered because it's a lot of text:

Spoiler

Weird, WWE themselves released the full entire match on its Youtube channel and it wasnt from a single camera angle and it had commentary too.

#245 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

It's more because the article you linked to only told ONE side of the story. The promoter's side. Therefore I linked to Davey's side which clearly you the poor CAG's Dave Meltzer wouldn't have done. Do I agree with what Davey did? No. Especially because it took away a chance the fans who paid money to see him. But in all fairness his side of the story is worth taking into consideration even if you disagree with it.

On that note I will agree with you on Davey's issues. And now with him burying the ROH title in a recent interview I can't see him lasting in the WWE if he pulls that kind of immaturity backstage. ROH at least tried to be polite in how they wrote him out of the company instead of outright saying why.

Fair enough. You're right.

My primary consideration was that his side of the story never disavows or excuses the fact that he showed up for a show, took the money, and left. He gave it back and he said he felt mistreated by the promoter, but he never addresses why he thought it was okay to steal the money in first place. 

That said, I need to see the interview he gave about the ROH titles. I've jumped off the ROH bandwagon about two years ago. With PWG and Japan making inroads, I've seen no reason to go back.

#246 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:31 AM

Fair enough. You're right.

My primary consideration was that his side of the story never disavows or excuses the fact that he showed up for a show, took the money, and left. He gave it back and he said he felt mistreated by the promoter, but he never addresses why he thought it was okay to steal the money in first place. 

That said, I need to see the interview he gave about the ROH titles. I've jumped off the ROH bandwagon about two years ago. With PWG and Japan making inroads, I've seen no reason to go back.

I'm thinking he probably justified stealing the money was some kind of "well you mistreat me so I'll take something from you in return so you know how it feels to be mistreated." Right thing to do? No. Even if you are mistreated by a boss at work you still have to do the job you are hired to do. Especially more so when it's an entertainment one where people are paying to see you.

Here's a recent news article that mentions said interview and more in regards to Davey Richards. I put it in spoilers it since it's a bit longish.

Spoiler

New sig coming soon.

#247 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:01 AM

Thanks for that update. I'm not surprised that people didn't like him in the back. Now that I think about it, Davey also bailed on the Evolve promotion as well. I honestly doubt he'll make it in the WWE. He seems like he's going in with more baggage into development than any other talent signed by the WWE in recent memory, other than someone with an arrest record. 

#248 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:02 AM

As much as I've enjoyed watching Richards, there's always been a nagging feeling of an undercurrent of disingenuousness about him.  I've always had a hard time buying him as face because he's always come across to me as someone who wouldn't have any problem at all being a dick heel.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#249 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Has the WWE Shop really had any decent sales this week? I know I usually pick up at least a couple DVD sets for under $10 total, but I've not seen anything good at all.

25% off today with CYBER and free shipping on $15 or more.  Not a hell of a lot but the Punk Second City Saint Shirt is $7.50 after discount and I also ordered a Macho Man purple shirt for about $12.

default.png2.png

#250 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Check out this pretty neat trailer for Ted DiBiase Jr's documentary on his pops. It looks pretty touching although that could just be the trailer music. 

Also as a reminder. There's NJPW iPPV tonight on Ustream at 4:30am. It's $15 and you can order it here: http://www.ustream.tv/njpw. They're doing a run of tag team shows right now to determine a number one contender for the their IWGP tag belts on their final World Tag League 2013 show.

Ustream has been a great partner for NJPW as there haven't been any broken stream issues like those that have consistently plagued iPPVs from ROH. Their streams are HD and pretty much broadcast quality. Much better than what you might find from an iPPV here in the States since those are usually reserved to indie companies. 

#251 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

Sorry I had to post this. Max Landis, writer of Chornicle, and son of John Landis, director of Blues Brothers, An American Werewolf in London, did his take at fantasy booking the Raw after TLC. It's actually pretty sound.

#252 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

Word is out that Mistico is gone as Sin Cara and Hunico is replacing him under the mask once again. It's a shame because I really like Mistico and his floaty offense. Seemed though like he never really grew out of the lucha style like Rey has. Also Rey Mysterio is the most underrated wrestler in this community. 

#253 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:11 AM

So is Sin Cara going back to being called "Sin Cara Negro" with Hunico taking over the role again?

Triple H is probably pissed that the first guy they signed under him did nothing but botch spots and repeatedly got injured.  Seems like he had more injuries than Christian has in recent years.

#254 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

Just straight Sin Cara.

#255 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

Rey Mysterio is the most underrated wrestler in this community. 

I dunno about that. Over the years, I have always put over Rey Jr. and his time in WCW.

I never did become a fan of him adopting the WWE ring style, tho. But that's more of a commentary on how I dislike WWE's ring style than Rey Jr.

-

Been keeping up with ROH over the last few weeks. I will try to continue so long as Corino stays on commentary. He adds that Cyrus vibe—but Kevin Kelly is no Joey Styles. 

#256 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

I dunno about that. Over the years, I have always put over Rey Jr. and his time in WCW.

I never did become a fan of him adopting the WWE ring style, tho. But that's more of a commentary on how I dislike WWE's ring style than Rey Jr.

-

Been keeping up with ROH over the last few weeks. I will try to continue so long as Corino stays on commentary. He adds that Cyrus vibe—but Kevin Kelly is no Joey Styles. 

How are the new talents like Tommoso Ciampa or Matt Taven? Neither has really drawn me to ROH but it feels like that's what the company is working towards.

iccXgQTnEux7W.gif

Okada with a beautiful elbow drop. Makin' it rain!

#257 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:18 AM

If they are going to do the permanent switch I hope they change up how Sin Cara works for Hunico's sake.  Let him have a personality now instead of just goofy lighting and pointing at stuff.

I like Rey's WWE work just fine - it's different than it used to be but that was probably best for his own health ( and even then his knees are still fucked).  

Though I do still hate the 619 setup nearly as much as I hate how they have to throw Orton's rope hang DDT into every match.  It never looks like it occurred naturally in the course of the match.

#258 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:43 AM

I really enjoy Corino as well.  Kevin Kelly isn't the very best but I think he definitely holds his own.  He's certainly better than I thought he would be when they first brought him in.  I think the two of them have a bit of a Monsoon/Heenan vibe. 

35bb9lx.gif

#259 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:35 AM

How are the new talents like Tommoso Ciampa or Matt Taven? Neither has really drawn me to ROH but it feels like that's what the company is working towards.

Ciampa has gotten considerably better. He's not a great wrestler who is going to have five star matches but he's alright as a midcarder. Taven I'm not that impressed with. I just watched his TV Title defense against Zack Gowen (yes THAT Zack Gowen) tonight on ROH's site. It was a dull boring match that also had several really bad botches. Heck if it wasn't for the excellent Jay Lethal vs Eddie Edwards main event I'd have to say that particular episode of ROH TV was one of the worst I've seen out of them (which by TNA standards would be an very good episode of Impact).

New sig coming soon.

#260 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

Raw is coming to Omaha in Feb, regretfully passed on Smackdown tickets when it was here a few months ago.

This will be my first WWE attendance but Im fairly excited. I got in on a presale deal, however I found out later that they only release some seats in each section during this.

I am in row 2 behind the announcers but wanted to try and get seen on TV side.

(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#261 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

They finally made a little progress in the Joseph Park/Abyss thing tonight.  Actually a pretty good segment with Park and Bad Influence. 

Looks like they are going towards Abyss actually being the secondary personality of Joseph Park rather than the other way around.  Plus any excuse for Kaz/Daniels to ham it up is always good.

#262 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:58 AM

Bad Influence is the only reason I'd even entertain the idea of watching TNA at this point in time.

MLIFTgM.gif

#263 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

I have been waiting for them to drop Mystico in place of Huncio for a long time now. Thank god.

I TRIED to watch this Sting: Moment of Truth DVD that someone gave me. It was flat-out the worst wrestling related thing I have ever seen. Had more pointless shots than Manos: Hands of Fate.

I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#264 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

Raw is coming to Omaha in Feb, regretfully passed on Smackdown tickets when it was here a few months ago.

This will be my first WWE attendance but Im fairly excited. I got in on a presale deal, however I found out later that they only release some seats in each section during this.

I am in row 2 behind the announcers but wanted to try and get seen on TV side.

When they pan to the announcers, hold up a sign that says SHUT UP, ZEN DAVIS so we know it's you.

default.png2.png

#265 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

So is Sin Cara going back to being called "Sin Cara Negro" with Hunico taking over the role again?

Triple H is probably pissed that the first guy they signed under him did nothing but botch spots and repeatedly got injured.

Not to mention his second pet project came in as a monster, then got pregnant and left for a year before being fired.
Posted Image

#266 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

The WWE discussion thread.

#267 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

Here's a KENTA/Low-Ki match from Ring of Honor.

http://v.youku.com/v...g0MjY2NzQw.html

35bb9lx.gif

#268 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:06 AM

Zen Davis actually showed me that match via PM a longtime ago. :lol: (this is Brak btw)

It's a 5 star match. The pinnacle of one of many styles of pro wrestling.

#269 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:23 AM

I had wondered what happened to you. Name-changing on the sly, huh?

Agreed, arguably two of the very best at their particular style (which is probably my personal favorite style of wrestling).

35bb9lx.gif

#270 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Here's a KENTA/Low-Ki match from Ring of Honor.

http://v.youku.com/v...g0MjY2NzQw.html

I put it in the same league as HBK/ Undertaker and Rock / Hogan. Years later the match absolutely holds up. I can honestly say that as a pro-wrestling fan, it's one of the greatest BALLS TO THE WALLS contests I've EVER seen.

I like to think that what makes this match SO great is the fact that as fast the Low-Ki and KENTA strike each other, none of the blows look restrained. It's just full impact and the crowd goes crazy for it. It's arguably the best match Ring of Honor ever put on in their run of Edison, NJ shows and what made the company so exciting to watch back then. 

Here is a five star match from October featuring Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada. Tell me what you think. The two guys have had as good a rivalry against each other as any this past decade. It's not balls to the walls like KENTA / Ki but is a very good pro-wrestling match in vein of Punk/Lesnar, although you may like this better. P.S. Okada's "Rainmaker" entrance is so awesome.