Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Megathread (PS3/PS4)

assassins creed black flag ubisoft assassins creed iv black flag ps3 ps4 next gen ac4 black flag

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#31 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

How do you setup the vita as a companion app?  I've played it as a controller but when I set it as a second screen. Nothing happens for me?  

I have to play it as a controller.  There unfortunately is no other way to do it unless you have an Android/ios tablet.  Sadly the Kindle Fire is left in the dust again.  You'd think with the ACinitiates website they could throw in access to your fleet, but apparently they don't even have the PS4 version attached to the program since they don't consider the game as out until the 29th.

If anyone wants to add me so we can get some faster fleet missions (every friend that plays online speeds up the missions).  My GT is in my sig.

538822.png

#32 Psykodelik

Psykodelik

Piw Piw Masta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

I have to play it as a controller.  There unfortunately is no other way to do it unless you have an Android/ios tablet.  Sadly the Kindle Fire is left in the dust again.  You'd think with the ACinitiates website they could throw in access to your fleet, but apparently they don't even have the PS4 version attached to the program since they don't consider the game as out until the 29th.

If anyone wants to add me so we can get some faster fleet missions (every friend that plays online speeds up the missions).  My GT is in my sig.

Thanks.  I did go to that site but unfortunately my tablet isn't supported either.  You'd expect my galaxy note 8 would work too.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

I've gotta say, I was ready to be done with AC since they keep milking this franchise but the innovation this game brings is a breath of fresh air (if a bit salty ;)).  The controls still suck beyond belief yet the sandbox gameplay and core mechanics just suck me in.  Some of the scenery that is actually tuned for PS4 (and not just ported from PS3) looks downright photo-realistic.  The ocean swelling and waves crashing against the hull have to be seen to be believed.  There is a particular mission I just did that takes you through a jungle and opens up to a waterfall, one that absolutely nails the spray careening down the cliff.  It was the first screenshot I've taken with the share button so far, it was incredible.

Still, graphics are nothing without immersion and the world they've crafted this time sells a pirate's life is for you.  I can't find a single fault in any of the systems they've managed this time; in a word it's a masterpiece.  That said, if all this is awash for you then the main story and missions will fall flat.  I'm not very far in but the AI is still completely clueless, the missions are bland (same old kill, tail, or pillage), and so far the story is just another chapter in assassins vs templars blah blah blah (complimented at least by great VO/mocap work that we've come to expect from Ubisoft).  Still, I can think of worse ways to herald in the new generation, like playing Killzone.

#34 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

There is a particular mission I just did that takes you through a jungle and opens up to a waterfall, one that absolutely nails the spray careening down the cliff.  It was the first screenshot I've taken with the share button so far, it was incredible.

Care to share that photo? Can you post it in these forums?

TwitterIcon2.pngThe7thNumber.png

#35 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

Care to share that photo? Can you post it in these forums?

Here's the thing: I think photos can only be shared via twitter/facebook.  I have neither and AFAIK you can't transfer them via USB or email it to yourself as an attachment.  I could take a pic of it on my shitty phone camera but that's just disingenuous.  I really, really hope they release a patch to save these things on a thumb drive.  Also, developers need to be more aware they're on a PC now and let us disable UI for screens.  Even Dragon's Dogma took screens sans the UI without any user input required, and that's on PS3.

In short, would love to but can't due to limitations.

#36 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

Anybody getting in on the multiplayer on PS4? I guess spreading the game across 4 platforms doesn't do any favors for the player-base.

I havent read up on the multiplayer but did they add pirate ship battles to AC IV or is it pretty much like the last ones?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also check my GameFly Referral link here ;)

#37 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

I've been loving this on the Playstation 4. Playing as a pirate is a blast, I enjoy building my fleet of pirate ships, the world is ridiculously gorgeous and I think the main thing they need to work on in Assassin's Creed 2015 is character animations. You can still tell the character models and animals are still made with the last generation in mind, but once they get past that it should look even better.

Posted Image

#38 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

Think I just broke the game lol.  There was a level 60 man-o-war (the Santa Ana!) taking heavy fire from a bunch of ships, so I just waited like a shark circling prey and closed in for the kill.  Ended up having to canon it twice before boarding and now I have a ship in my fleet that just one-shots everything rofl.  Now I'm wondering if I could bait a legendary ship into following me and getting it shot to hell by nearby fleets to do the same thing.  :lol:

#39 Psykodelik

Psykodelik

Piw Piw Masta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

Think I just broke the game lol.  There was a level 60 man-o-war (the Santa Ana!) taking heavy fire from a bunch of ships, so I just waited like a shark circling prey and closed in for the kill.  Ended up having to canon it twice before boarding and now I have a ship in my fleet that just one-shots everything rofl.  Now I'm wondering if I could bait a legendary ship into following me and getting it shot to hell by nearby fleets to do the same thing.  :lol:

Haha nice.  I need to find the ships to try it.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

I dont think you can lure legendary ships into regular waters. Those battles are pretty fun, and its nice that each one is different.

Im 13,000 xp away from getting my platinum, then ill finish it off by playing the extra hour of content that PS3 versions get. After that i will probably try to sell or trade it.

#41 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:34 AM

Just beat my first legendary ship that had armor plating (unless they all do) and DAMN that was fun.  Basically if you know enough about warships/galleons, you'd know that the aft is super vulnerable and the same applied here.  Super challenging fight though to outwit the AI and baiting all mortars/cannon fire then just pulling the sails while everything whiffs past.  My ship isn't even fully upgraded, so I'm sure it's entirely possible to beat them with bare bones if you're super skilled at it.  At any rate, I hope they do more stuff like this in the future for AC to really test your skills.  I died probably a dozen times before I got that one perfect run of barely getting hit.  Getting caught in a broadside volley is pretty much death versus them, so it takes a bit of practice to perfect.

I'll have to remember to record the next ship I fight, because it's epic!

#42 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

Just finished the extra 60 min Aveline DLC that the PS3 gets exclusive. Lets just say xbox 360 fans arent missing much.

Guess its time to start Batman Origins now.

#43 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

I think exclusive content is stupid TBH.  It doesn't influence my purchase at all, ever.

Pre-order bonuses such as $10 credits however, definitely do. ;)

#44 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Is it my imagination or are the 100% completion constraints tougher this time around?  Is everything a little bit harder?  I've found myself failing extra objectives and dying considerably more frequently than in AC3.

#45 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

Tougher?  No.  At least in this game you can just kill yourself if you fail an objective to reset it.  In all of the others if you failed, you had to start allllllllllllllllll over again.

#46 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

im curious if any of you have been messing around on the acinitiates.com  site. it was broke for a little while but it finally synched PS4 data. its kind of fun doing missions and leveling up so you can get little things like an extra in game mission or some jackdaw upgrades. and by the way im pretty bad at MP im always toward the bottom but i still havent tried wolfpack mode.

Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#47 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

I haven't.  I saw it in the little blog roll of a menu they have for this game but didn't care to check it out.  Is that what speeds up the ship missions?  I keep being told by the game to play with friends to speed up trading missions since some of them literally take a day and a half to do IRL hours, but can't be fussed to check it out.  I'm in the top 5000 players now for most booty, so it's not like I care about the money from them anyway lol.

#48 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

Yeah i never signed up for the acinitiates. I did do ship missions every day, but never really had a problem with not having enough money. My biggest problem was finding enough metal from other ships. But that all rolled in once i progressed enough to get into the hard waters, and my ship was capable of handling harder ships. The naval mini game was pretty fun.

#49 wohlstand

wohlstand

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

A bit late to the party just started playing it on PS3, its a ton of fun so far, I even do not mind the tutorial scenes this time, I think they really did a great job to make this franchise/series even better and get rid of all/most annoyances the best they could. Absolutely love the whales. Really hope this sells/sold well so far. 

latest feedbacks 1 2 3 4 5 6 (thanks to all amazing CAGgers who participated in our amazing Nfs Rivals, AC4, BF4 groups)

#50 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:19 AM

I was able to get into the ACinitiates using my PS4's web browser (trying to view it now on both Firefox/Chrome and its giving me the "500" error logging in).  I'm quite interested in the in-game missions that get you XP on initiates, though im not sure what rewards other than bragging rights there are. 

My other issue with the site is that everything is in french.  I tried to switch the language to English in the settings, but it says to hit "Save Changes" and there is no save changes button...  I guess its called an Alpha for a reason

538822.png

#51 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

I couldn't get into AC 3, should i give AC 4 as shot, since it's on sale, and since it's supposedly so much better, or will i probably not like this one either?

sixteenvolt420.png

#52 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

I couldn't get into AC 3, should i give AC 4 as shot, since it's on sale, and since it's supposedly so much better, or will i probably not like this one either?

Well, so far of what I played seems good. However, I think I am over the whole Assassins Creed franchise. I have 100% 2, Brotherhood, revelations, and the psp game.

The grind just feels too much of the same.

xivpads.png

#53 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

Not sure, i think what made me like this game so much was sailing the seas, ship battles, hearing them sing songs, finding treasure maps, and exploring new islands i found. But overall the missions and story are going to be very similar to AC3.

#54 Demontooth

Demontooth

cheapest ass of them all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

I've put in close to 50 hours on this game. Love it.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly

153639.png

Demontooth1.png

#55 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Finally got around to playing it last night. Pretty good so far.

Xecutioner
CML

#56 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

my favorite PS4 game so far.  I'm only in Sequence 3 cause I havent had much time and have enjoyed the side stuff too much...but its been very fun.  It also looks BEAUTIFUL on the PS4.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#57 gameupboy84

gameupboy84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

I think im going to trade this in,not a big fan of the AC4

#58 zyk

zyk

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

My copy came in yesterday so far no regrets. The naval stuff is really great, can't wait to go full on pirate haha.

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Watch_Dogs

#59 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

Beat this the other night and either I was being ADD and not paying attention to the final few hours or it did end quite abruptly.  All I could think was "that's it?"  No spoilers but nothing major happens.

I'm still not sure who you're even playing as with the

Spoiler
and that just ends weirdly too.  I think this is my longest running complaint with AC games as they always have a mindfuck ending or don't explain things well at all, if they even do.  The other problem is that because I end up doing so many sidemissions and take breaks between sessions that I forget things about the plot which just makes the whole damn thing confusing when I finally get to reveals.  Even then it's easy to get lost because they always bunch everything up at the end, so you end up missing things.  Whatever, too many other games to get through so I'm glad to be done with it lol.

#60 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

Speaking about abstergo, i was kind of wondering why.....

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: assassins creed, black flag, ubisoft, assassins creed iv black flag, ps3, ps4, next gen, ac4 black flag