GGT 282 Gives Action! an Extra Hour for his Birthday

oh thanks I've only been living on this earth for 27 years I'm still trying to figure shit out
Everything just slides back and hour in the the Fall -- so it should be lighter earlier and get darker earlier.

Sunrise at 6:34 would now be at 5:34, if that makes sense. :)

Personally I've had a couple EVGA brand cards now (stuck with Nvidia so far), and I've never had a problem with them, so I've stuck with them as a brand. Right now I have two of these in SLI in my computer (which is probably still way way overkill for a lot of stuff, haha), and they've worked great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm stuck Wonder Trading...I want a froakie, but people only want to trade their shit pokemon lol.

I got a charmander and a pumpkaboo which evolved immediately doe.

Personally I've had a couple EVGA brand cards now (stuck with Nvidia so far), and I've never had a problem with them, so I've stuck with them as a brand. Right now I have two of these in SLI in my computer (which is probably still way way overkill for a lot of stuff, haha), and they've worked great.
Definitely considering 1 of those -- don't think I currently need 2, nor do I have the budget for 2.

It'd get me free Arkham Origins, which would be good...

Does that particular card necessitate any extra cooling by default? I was talking with Hank about extra case fans and since I wasn't overclocking or anything yet, he said I didn't really need them yet.

ickf.jpg

It was Megan Fox all along! You know u want it!

Thanks!

Super spoil.

I fucking LOVED how they handled Bane knowing and forgetting Bruce's identity. I was waiting to see how they'd handle it for the whole second act, and I was pretty pleased with the results.
As did I. I love that they explained that. I'm really curious as to whether or not
he gets some of his memory back though... And I'm especially curious over whether or not he actually got to break the bat. I hope the next Arkham game also has Bane in it.

Seems there are a ridiculous number of people on GAF trying to make money by selling their amazon.com PS4 preorders.  They're typically asking for an extra $100.  I have a feeling they're going to be disappointed, much like the people who tried to flip 3DSes at launch.

For an hour there, me and Zeki were operating on the same time.

And here wasn't even here to experience it with me.

Whatever.

Seems there are a ridiculous number of people on GAF trying to make money by selling their amazon.com PS4 preorders. They're typically asking for an extra $100. I have a feeling they're going to be disappointed, much like the people who tried to flip 3DSes at launch.
You should see the people around here. There's a lot of people trying to sell their GS preorders for $200 extra and thinking they'll get it. Even more people are trying to find people that are willing to trade PS4s for Xbox Ones.

Definitely considering 1 of those -- don't think I currently need 2, nor do I have the budget for 2.

It'd get me free Arkham Origins, which would be good...

Does that particular card necessitate any extra cooling by default? I was talking with Hank about extra case fans and since I wasn't overclocking or anything yet, he said I didn't really need them yet.
It will depend on the case obviously and what default fans it come with, I'm fairly sure many of the builder oriented cases usually come with a front fan to suck air in and a back and/or top fan to blow air out included, which should be enough if you aren't overclocking anything.

I will saw (first do keep in mind that I also have my CPU overclocked a fair amount, although I use an aftermarket cooler for it and that vents directly out the back) that with the two cards I did have to change my side fan configuration which I originally had setup to suck air in, but that caused tons of hot air to pass up towards the CPU which caused it to overheat (again that was probably more from the CPU being overclocked and running hotter than stock to begin with). Once I switched that fan around to blow the hot air from the GPU's out the side of the case my temperatures dropped back to well within normal limits. So if you get a case that has a place to put a side fan you could consider getting one, I have a feeling you probably wouldn't need it though (fans are relatively cheap though).

I was able to borrow The Civil Wars Barton Hollow from my local library, so I don't need to buy it now. I can save up and get dat sweet Sky Ferreira Night Time album where she shows her titties on the cover.
That album was actually a really big surprise for me and I enjoyed it a whole lot

Weren't you disappointed with that album like a week ago?

Tilian fits perfectly with them. Kurt is better off with ALLB and Johnny should go back to rehab.
I'm actually trying to listen to the whole album now and not be a jerk about it, but it does feel like Tilian isn't suppose to be the centerpiece in the band (he just adds an extra element to Jon's vocals and the amazing bandwork in the album), but I'm really enjoying it more than Downtown Mountain Battle 2, but that's not really hard anyways

Seems there are a ridiculous number of people on GAF trying to make money by selling their amazon.com PS4 preorders. They're typically asking for an extra $100. I have a feeling they're going to be disappointed, much like the people who tried to flip 3DSes at launch.
There's a whole thread dedicated to that here

I got the extra hour twice this year. I was in Amsterdam last week and they rolled clocks back last Sunday. :D
All hail, the master of time travel! :lol:

You should see the people around here. There's a lot of people trying to sell their GS preorders for $200 extra and thinking they'll get it. Even more people are trying to find people that are willing to trade PS4s for Xbox Ones.
Ri-do-do-donkulous!

It's been in progress all year.
The goal has always been around Black Friiday, as I'm not in a rush and want to do it as cost effectively as possible. I'd like to have it done, at the latest, before I go on vacation for a month starting in mid-December.

Right now, I'm just waiting for a decent deal on a z77 motherboard, some RAM, and the all important video card.
Processor/SSD were acquired in the last month. I also have the case, PSU, and 3TB steam drive already bought.
RAM and z77 mobo are definitely the highest ranked components left because I want to get the machine built and the OS installed and start loading my Steam library onto the 3TB drive.

BTW, if any of you non-Hank PC gaming people have a suggestion on a reasonably priced graphics card that's not quite top of the line but should let me play 95% of my games at good framerate/resolution/graphics settings, I'm open to suggestion.

Any of you who are picking up a PS4 or DS4 -- I'm curious as to how well it does with PC games -- there's not a ton of footage out there of it being overly compatible with everything, but I have a feeling I'd like using a DS4 more than I would the 360 controller that's sitting over there... so that might be the final piece as well.

I could also use some sort of wireless kb/m solution -- as this gaming PC will live in my entertainment center type area just like my other consoles and I'd like to have a wireless kb/m to be able to handle the logistics of some of the stuff from my couch. So deals/suggestions there are welcome too.
I'm just giving you shit since I feel like you've been talking about building that PC forever. I'm gonna be putting an SSD in my desktop this december I think. I need to re-partition my 250gb HD because I did it stupidly last time and it'll be a good opportunity to put the OS on an SSD.

This from the guy who was coming on to Joel and a bunch of others in this thread to the point where people complained and moderators were on the verge of banning you?

Yeah, cause that makes sense.
He didn't almost get banned he did. Then he created a new account and snuck through during the CAG 2.0 debacle.

Really? I would have thought GAF would discourage scalping within the community.

I'm just giving you shit since I feel like you've been talking about building that PC forever. I'm gonna be putting an SSD in my desktop this december I think. I need to re-partition my 250gb HD because I did it stupidly last time and it'll be a good opportunity to put the OS on an SSD.

He didn't almost get banned he did. Then he created a new account and snuck through during the CAG 2.0 debacle.

Really? I would have thought GAF would discourage scalping within the community.
In the Buy Sell Trade thread, you can do pretty much whatever.

Now that I think about it, I suppose if you're asking $100 over cost for a PS4 pre-order, that's about the same as trading one for an Xbone pre-order. But considering the hardware specs, announced titles, XBL versus PS+, etc. it still seems extra ridiculous to me.

Does anyone know if you red box cod if you can play multiplayer?
Has a CoD game ever had an online pass?
I'm going to say they never have and thus, yes, you should be able to play multi.

That one's too easy.

Frosty, my case has a rear and side fan setup and it still runs super cool with the 770. Don't imagine you'd need anything fancy to keep it going.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3844170

That's my case.

Its 2 disks though and ya only get disk one
Hahaha, two dicks, huh? Doesn't surprise me.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/10/26/call-of-duty-ghosts-xbox-360-retail-game-spotted-its-2-disc/

Seems one disc is an install.

So yeah, maybe you shouldn't be renting it if you only get 1 disc then.

#xbox360problems :lol:

Playing batman and asscreed 4 side to side probably isn't good. It goes to show how much better the AI is in batman then in asscreed. I literally killed 3 guards side to side with PISTOLS those loud things that fire bullets and nobody reacted I then went on to blow up 5 crates of ammo the AI ran to the scene looked around and walked away. Shit AI but still a fun game. Thank you that is my review

Seems one disc is an install.

So yeah, maybe you shouldn't be renting it if you only get 1 disc then.

#xbox360problems :lol:
Figures someone who is 33 and has a muramasa avatar would side with PS3

Does melonie mac care?

Why didn't we ever get a sequel to matthew broderick's versions of godzilla?

At least someone cares.

The rest of you are being added to my list.
Hopefully its a list of people that you like. Cause I'm already on your list of people that you hate. Indidawg told me he tells me things you know.

bread's done
Back