Target offering $200 gift card for any iPad which can be used on anything in-store. YMMV.

It was just reported by that it works on any Gen iPad and it's a gift card with no ipad purchase required. Have at it, CAGs. No cheap Gen 1's around me, though.

Glad this got its own thread, hopefully others will post their experiences.  Hoping to just trade an ipad in and get the giftcard without having to buy another ipad so I can use it on the PS4 buy 2 get 1.

Edit: Answered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only got $60 GS credit left, not sure if $40 out of pocket is worth it to get an IPad 1 for $100 then turn it to $200 Target GC.

does anybody see in the fine print if its a one per customer limit?  I might see if I can trade in 2 and I dont see anything in the fine print saying I cant

Last night, I checked to see if there are any Targets near me that did trade-ins. I found 2. This morning, I checked the store tracker and it shows none within a 50 mile radius. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Last night, I checked to see if there are any Targets near me that did trade-ins. I found 2. This morning, I checked the store tracker and it shows none within a 50 mile radius. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
None of the Targets around me showed up on the trade-in locator.

It's probably a glitch, since I know for a fact that my local Target does trade-ins and it isn't appearing when I search for it.

Yeah I notice the same thing too when I search the Target trade-in tracker .... weird.

Can anybody confirm the in-store price of some of the Gen 1's? The 16GB WiFi's show $ $135 online but with an in-store price of $199? Can anybody confirm the price in-store is wrong?

Yeah I notice the same thing too when I search the Target trade-in tracker .... weird.

Can anybody confirm the in-store price of some of the Gen 1's? The 16GB WiFi's show $ $135 online but with an in-store price of $199? Can anybody confirm the price in-store is wrong?
I second this question.

I would call the store that has it available because since that price you mentioned are "scratch and scruff" condition iPads, there's a chance that Target will not accept them due to the condition of the screen.

I can't say anything about the gen 1's but I did buy an ipad 4 16gb a few days ago and I paid $379.99 in-store while the online price was a bit less at $377.99

On the trade-in site, it says they will give "at least $200" in trade. I've got an OG iPad 64GB wifi that according to their trade calculator is worth only $75, but I wonder what they'd give during this promotion. Since the 1st Gen iPads are worthless - never got updated past iOS 5 and many apps don't run on it - and I'm pretty much all about Android (typing this on my Nexus 7), it would be great if I could recoup my investment and get a Target card to buy other stuff. I also have the Red Card. What are those bonuses?

so if our local ad doesn't have the trade in notice, does that mean we can't do it?   we're getting the same 'no stores within 50 miles' searching that website. 

i have a gen 1 in perfect working order that hasn't been used in months.

F***! 16GB scratch and scuff iPads have become $199 in store at GS. This deal won't last past today(or, maybe the rules will be changed). Get there NOW. SD is shredding it!

ANY iPad(not sure about mini) gets a $200 GC. Make sure they look under promotions.

Confirmed the in-store price of 199. Very strange, clerk also didn't know why, and advised to order from the site. Walked out with the iPad anyway (199 - 10% reduction - 25% mystery - another 10% I didn't know about) for 130 including tax. Still an easy 70 dollars gain at target.

Does anyone know whether you can buy prepaid visa with a target GC?

Confirmed the in-store price of 199. Very strange, clerk also didn't know why, and advised to order from the site. Walked out with the iPad anyway (199 - 10% reduction - 25% mystery - another 10% I didn't know about) for 130 including tax. Still an easy 70 dollars gain at target.

I read on 1 of these sites that someone said no. Must've changed in the last couple of years because I did it before.

Nope, cant pay for a prepaid with a GC (former employee here).

Also anyone know what time Target Mobile opens?

No one was buying gen 1 and 2's before so this pricing may have been the same all along. The gen 4 32 gb is still the same in store price as it has been. Who knows?

No one was buying gen 1 and 2's before so this pricing may have been the same all along. The gen 4 32 gb is still the same in store price as it has been. Who knows?
Someone on SD mentioned buying iPads during b2g1. I think they said they came out to $97 each.

Damn, where is Ms.Cleo when you need her?!!!!!! :whee:

Got a 32GB ipad 2, I've noticed when it comes to resale the higher GB models don't net much more profit over the cheap-o model.

Got a 32GB ipad 2, I've noticed when it comes to resale the higher GB models don't net much more profit over the cheap-o model.
Most likely because the people buying used just want it cheap, so if you're willing to spring another say $50 for twice the storage, then you get closer to buying the latest / greatest for MSRP.

Can you post the receipt or the promo codes they put on your order?

Walked out with the iPad anyway (199 - 10% reduction - 25% mystery - another 10% I didn't know about) for 130 including tax.
Is that 10% PUR...and the other 10% just automatically rang? I'm going to grab one today, and I want to make sure to get the best deal I can.

Going from an earlier post I saw on an iPad 4

Promo #15202 (10%) ????
Promo #15152 (10%) 10% Electronics

Promo #15194 (25%) Mystery Coupon

Can anyone confirm what the price is for a scratch and dent 16GB iPad. I know the perfect condition one is $199.99

so how does the trade-in system work anyways? the site is kinda vague, and cant find any info on my local target. ive got a 1st gen ipad that id like to unload. it works just fine, and the screen is pristine, but the steel of one of the corners is slightly dented. assuming i can find a target that does trade-ins, do they just pay cash or store credit? or is it sent later in a check or something? how would that even work if im trading it in "for" a new ipad?

so how does the trade-in system work anyways? the site is kinda vague, and cant find any info on my local target. ive got a 1st gen ipad that id like to unload. it works just fine, and the screen is pristine, but the steel of one of the corners is slightly dented. assuming i can find a target that does trade-ins, do they just pay cash or store credit? or is it sent later in a check or something? how would that even work if im trading it in "for" a new ipad?
You get a gift card. It has been reported that you don't need to buy a new iPad to get the $200.

Going from an earlier post I saw on an iPad 4

Promo #15202 (10%) ????
Promo #15152 (10%) 10% Electronics

Promo #15194 (25%) Mystery Coupon

Can anyone confirm what the price is for a scratch and dent 16GB iPad. I know the perfect condition one is $199.99
Scratch & scuff is actually 199.99 in store. Online has a different price. I had the closest store hold one for me and they said that there is a 10% off promo on all electronics anyway. Other than that, not sure what the other coupon is...

Keep in mind that next Sunday's Target ad has B2G1 on possibly all games (and at least all PS4 games). I love the idea of spending $130 - $150 at Gamestop to get $200 at Target, and blowing it on three $60 games and three $40 games.

Scratch & scuff is actually 199.99 in store. Online has a different price. I had the closest store hold one for me and they said that there is a 10% off promo on all electronics anyway. Other than that, not sure what the other coupon is...
So a (Scratch and Scuff) iPad 16GB should come out like this

$199.99

Disc $20.00 Promo #15052 (10% Scratch & Dent ???)

Disc $18.00 Promo #15152 (10% Electronics)

Disc:$40.50 Promo #15194 (25% mystery coupon)

Total = $121.50 + Tax

Will wait for someone to report back...

So a (Scratch and Scuff) iPad 16GB should come out like this

$199.99

Disc $20.00 Promo #15052 (10% Scratch & Dent ???)

Disc $18.00 Promo #15152 (10% Electronics)

Disc:$40.50 Promo #15194 (25% mystery coupon)

Total = $121.50 + Tax

Will wait for someone to report back...

YES, you are correct.

My receipt is exactly as you posted

Anyone got an answer for my question upthread regarding what they mean when they say, "Between November 3-9th, visit your local Target store to trade in any iPad for at least $200*." The asterisk is, "*iPad must power on and be free of cracks." If "at least" is for anything, even a 1st gen 16GB wifi, what does later or larger capacity models get you? Thanks.

YES, you are correct.

My receipt is exactly as you posted
Thanks for the confirmation. Nice to convert GS money to Target especially with B2G1 on PS4 coming up soon

I also found out that if you go to the product page, check availability at a nearby store, and choose hold for Pickup@Store at a random store, it will show you the online price and the actual instore price.

Thanks for the confirmation. Nice to convert GS money to Target especially with B2G1 on PS4 coming up soon

I also found out that if you go to the product page, check availability at a nearby store, and choose hold for Pickup@Store at a random store, it will show you the online price and the actual instore price.
yup no flipping

bread's done
Back