TRU Black Friday Ad leaked! 5pm Thanksgiving!

Man we really need to start boycotting Thanksgiving day events, they are getting out of hand... I mean it was bad enough when they started at 8pm but now they're creeping to 5pm so what's next?  

gaming deals start on page 25, for those who don't want to flip through the whole thing just to find it near the end like me lol.

Ohhhhhhh SkyLanders swap force for less than $40? I NEEEEED IT!

and that ps3 bundle will sell so crazy!

and the SkyLanders Wii U bundle is too good!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great deals on Skylanders Swap Force and Disney Infinity for anyone in the market for those. I'm also looking forward to seeing if any other stores offer deals on Xbox One/Dualshock 4 controllers...

Man we really need to start boycotting Thanksgiving day events, they are getting out of hand... I mean it was bad enough when they started at 8pm but now they're creeping to 5pm so what's next?
Eating turkey, watching football, and shopping online during half time.

What's the problem?

agree. i keep losing family members at dinners yearly because they rather wait in line. This is going to be a huge blow might as well eat at the taco truck

If you thought Target stock was low then youll be in for a rude awakening at Toys R Us. Hoping Amazon has better deals.. I agree with another poster Thanksgiving day sales need to stop aint nobody got time for that on T day!

$249 for the 8GB Wii U Skylanders bundle looks like a winner. Game and exclusive figure would both resell well on Craigslist.

So ToysRus ad leaked... not too bad on games!

Same PS3 bundle as Gamestop
Buy one get one for $1 on 19.99 and 14.99 games

Big one is Buy one get one 40% off on ALL games, ad shows a picture of an Xbox One game

http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Toys-R-Us/Ad

Not sure if I need to show the scan or what the rules are about that.

I haven't browsed the ad but if I understand you right, the BOGO 40% deal isn't that great. You have to buy a game to get 40% off the second which translates to roughly 20% off on all games. It's not bad for next gen games since there will be very limited deals for those but as for current gen the BF sales will be better elsewhere.

Here's hoping Amazon matches the Skylanders Swapforce deal. I am waiting for the Xbone version and one more week won't hurt. Now the only question I have is:

Will the Frito-Lay coupon work on Swapforce to take an additional $10 off? If so, I guess I will be at TRU.

I agree it has gotten pretty crazy. I remember back in high school getting up super early and hitting a few places that were opening at like 7 or something (sun was up). Now it is on Thanksgiving probably before dinner. Stuff like this is what drives me to amazon and other online places. I can do it from the dinner table from my phone instead of battling with all the crazies.

Thursday 5 PM - 9 PM Only

SPEND $75 get $10 Free Gift Card

Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack (PS3/360/3DS/Wii/Wii U/XBOX 1/ PS4) $37.49

Buy 1 Get 1 for 70% off All Skylanders Swap Force Characters

Disney Infinity Starter Pack (PS3/360/3DS/Wii/Wii U) $37.49

====================================================================

(All Disney  Infinity Figures Buy 1 Get 1 50% OFF) Thursday - Saturday

PS3 250 GB Batman Arkham Origins Bundle or The Last of  US Bundle $199.99 (Thursday - Saturday)

Nintendo 3DS Luigi's Bundle $149.99 (Thursday - Saturday)

Nintendo White Wii U 8 GB Skylanders Swap Force Bundle  $259.99 (Thursday - Saturday)

Buy 1 Get 1 Free All Skylanders Adventure & Giants figures &  3 Pack  (Thursday & Saturday)

Buy 1 Get 1 for $1 All video games $14.99 & $19.99 (Thursday - Saturday)

Buy 1 Get 1 for 40% off All Videogames (Thursday - Saturday)

Disney Blu-ray Movies $14.99 (Thursday - Saturday)

Brave

Air Planes

Monsters Univerisity

Tangle

Little Mermaid

5PM is great, I can be done with TRU early and get to more stores throughout the night.
B1G1 on next gen games is great, so many friends' kids will be expecting XBOX oNE games for Christmas.

I haven't browsed the ad but if I understand you right, the BOGO 40% deal isn't that great. You have to buy a game to get 40% off the second which translates to roughly 20% off on all games. It's not bad for next gen games since there will be very limited deals for those but as for current gen the BF sales will be better elsewhere.
Definitely this. I was hoping for a B1G1 for $1 on newer titles like TRU did a few years back, and this ad is otherwise underwhelming for a toyless, uninterested-in-Skylanders-or-Infinity person like me. :razz:

Oh thank goodness. There are no deals in that ad that I would consider worthwhile. Nothing is worse than going into Toys R Us on Black Friday. Maybe its worse to be at a Wal-Mart when the doors open. But Toys R Us is an intense experience. If there was a good enough deal, I might have braved the crowds again. But now I can happily go elsewhere.

Meh.

For a Black Friday lineup, nothing here excites me that much.  Seems almost like any other weekly ad.  But I never really expect much from TRU on BF.  Usually Walmart and Best Buy are the big guns that offer the best deals (and Amazon just price matches them at the last minute).  And last year Microsoft store (online) had some really sweet deals.

LOL at the free Halo 3 for purchasing and xbox360. Trying to clear those out.
Well since it was free with the games with gold last month i would assume so yeah.

But lets say you buy 2 next gen games. Both at $60. 40% off $60 is $24. So current total for 2 next gen games is $96. Over the $75 required for the $10 gift card. which you can turn around and used on some of their other deals and maybe get 2 skylanders/giants figures for free. PG 27 of the ad if you're looking excludes swap for i believe because they have a BOGO 70% off. Either way the savings are fairly substanital if used in a manner that could greatly benefit if you're buying extra toys.

But if all you want is the next gen games Target next week. B2G1 free all games. Then it's a savings for $60 instead of $24 but if you have their card or some gift cards to blow then target is the way to go. See all you cags at target next sunday.

I live in MA, its illegal for them to open at all on Thanksgiving. Its one of the few laws in this state I agree with

Gamestop will have infinity BOGO free opposed to half off at TRU. Was hoping for at least the same deal. Don't want to drive all over that night.

I don't see it as a big deal. I realize that traditionally retail employees have had these days off, but there are plenty of folks outside of retail who are at work every holiday. It's just something you adapt to (it's typically an 8 hr shift, there's still plenty of time in a day to eat turkey with family) and deal with to make a living and support a family. If anything, it seems people are eager to get their extra pay for being there on a holiday.

I saw that clearance items are up to 80% off, hopefully there are some good games out there.
I don't know that it will count toward games, but unless you're lucky it's all shit anyways. Our clearance is almost entirely shovelware Disney music games. Only real game most CAGs might be interested in would be the PC version of Assassin's Creed Revelations.

When I worked at Best Buy, they required a 12 hour shift (so that you couldn't get ot).  The last year I worked there they required us to be there at 8 PM on thanksgiving... then a 12 hour shift over night.  Some employees just literally chugged an energy drink constantly (which is not healthy)  or slept through the holiday and didn't get to celebrate!  I understand working on thnaksgiving normal hours, but the overnight that is required does not allow retail employees the time to be with family and the reason for the holiday!

Hey everyone if  you spend $120 at BBY for the new GCU you can have Buy one get 40% off another every day of the year!  :boxing:

Just pointing out I think that "deal" at TRU is pretty lame.

I do wonder if this year will be a bad year for deals on last gen games just to drive next gen sales.

Eating turkey, watching football, and shopping online during half time.

What's the problem?
What's the problem? The fact that companies are screwing the thousands of employees more and more every year. Not everyone gets Thanksgiving off now, and they are completely ruining the holiday.

I don't see it as a big deal. I realize that traditionally retail employees have had these days off, but there are plenty of folks outside of retail who are at work every holiday. It's just something you adapt to (it's typically an 8 hr shift, there's still plenty of time in a day to eat turkey with family) and deal with to make a living and support a family. If anything, it seems people are eager to get their extra pay for being there on a holiday.
TRU usually has 12+ hour shifts for Black Friday. It does seems stupid to close for some of the day but still open when many people would be eating dinner on a holiday that is entirely about said dinner. And it's not like it's the kind of business that is vital like some jobs that require holiday work.

Will TRU and other stores in Boston be open during Thanksgiving?  I remember last year because of some law businesses couldn't open during Thanksgiving except for Walmart which void all of the Door Buster deals.

bread's done
Back