Photo
* * * * - 46 votes

XBL Deals - 12/31-1/6: "LEGO GonD"(-40%)* │ FREE: Sleeping Dogs* │ MM↓: SRIV $39.99, Hydrophobia $2.99

XBL Xbox Live XBLA Games on Demand DLC Arcade Avatar Item

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5099 replies to this topic

#5011 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

Freefall Racers

Wow! Someone else picked this one up? Congratulations on being just as careless with your points.  8-)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#5012 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

Wow! Someone else picked this one up? Congratulations on being just as careless with your points.  8-)

Make that 3. Didn't really want it but for $.99 and another game for the kinect, why not?

#5013 Masters_93

Masters_93

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Anyone else notice Just Cause 2 is listed at 67% off but priced at $7.49?

anderson%2Bcelebration.gif

#5014 IamnotBatman

IamnotBatman

The Daylight Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

So basically they pulled almost every Marvel game off all the marketplaces. Even the pretty recent Deadpool. It's great they've put them on sale, but as Capcom pointed out their games were going to be delisted, Activision should have said so as well. I get it, it's Activision, not exactly on the consumer's side, but it would actually make sense for them to try to cash in as much as they can since the games are going to die anyway. Let that be at 1$ or 20$, just tell people this is the last chance to buy 'em, and see how many will do that. If I knew for sure, I could have picked up Deadpool, but at this point I'll probably have to find a used copy or something: from which, not a single cent would go to Activision, unlike what would have happened if I bought it at this sale.

Oh well. At least I bought Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (the whole Internet seems to agree it's the best out of all of them, while the others are hit or miss this one's great) and Wolverine, along with the cheap DLC for it. Along with Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, I sure got my share of Marvel action for a while (considering I didn't have a single Marvel game on my 360 yet).

So many of those Marvel games were absolutely awful. All Spiderman games have been crap recently. Xmen Destiny should have been a XBLA game. Shattered Dimensions stole precious time from my life, that could have been spent doing...anything else. ..Spidy: Web Of Shadows wasn't horrible, but it was close to horrible. The only game I'm upset about missing out on is Deadpool. The rest of those games really were just taking up space. My opinion.

#5015 Groo The Wanderer

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

I agree. I bought Web Of Shadows due to the reccomendations here and while I sorta enjoyed it, the game was far from anything resembling something good. I trudged through it because the combat was okay but by the time I got to the third act everything became so damn repetitive, and I was just looking forward to the game being over at that point.

Fuck Asstivision. I will never buy anything associated with them again.

#5016 Baboy

Baboy

Das Feenreich!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

So many of those Marvel games were absolutely awful. All Spiderman games have been crap recently. Xmen Destiny should have been a XBLA game. Shattered Dimensions stole precious time from my life, that could have been spent doing...anything else. ..Spidy: Web Of Shadows wasn't horrible, but it was close to horrible. The only game I'm upset about missing out on is Deadpool. The rest of those games really were just taking up space. My opinion.

I got myself Shattered Dimensions (lots of recommendations, good ratings on the Internet, enjoyable gameplay on YouTube) and Wolverine (looks pretty damn solid and gruesome). The others looked largely meh, Deadpool aside which could have been a lot of fun and will likely pick it up for 10-20 bucks - obviously on disc at this point. It's not really about the quality though, it's about the fact they pulled the games without telling anyone. Yeah, there were hints, such as the Marvel games made by Capcom were getting pulled, and the fact the Activision games kept going on sale more and more often (twice in December). But Capcom managed to make it clear the games were going to be de-listed, why didn't Acti do the same? I'm no marketing expert or salesman, but I'm pretty damn sure that if people knew it well that this was going to be the last time they can buy these games (digitally, at least), more of them would have picked them up. Hell, if I were 100% sure, I might have bit on Deadpool's price - which at this point is a mystery for the future, as it could go down to all-time lows in a matter of weeks because it's not that amazing of a game (based on the reviews anyway), but it could also fly all the way up to crazy prices, since they're not going to print new copies and there's no way to buy a digital copy either. They could be the worst games ever, but a lot of people are going to be annoyed by this.

#5017 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

I mainly bought the Spider-Man games that I bought because of the price. Getting one of them at Game$top is like $30 used. RIDICULOUS!

Posted Image

#5018 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

Ska Studios (maker of The Dishwasher series, I maed a game with zombies in it, and Charlie Murder) released Time Viking and Spaceraptor for the indie marketplace. It's totally worth $1.
Get a great value from your used games by trading at Leaptrade.

http://www.leaptrade...referrer:MrPlow

#5019 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

The only game I'm upset about missing out on is Deadpool. The rest of those games really were just taking up space. My opinion.

I read the deadpool axing is for digital copies only, should still be able to get a disc copy anywhere.

#5020 downsouthtigger

downsouthtigger

War Eagle!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

So naturally after the sales are all over NOW I get an influx of MS monies.

2x $3 Ms credit from Bing. Then they gave me another bonus of Bing rewards. I had enough to get $5 Amazon which was used to get $5 MS credit. Then another $5 from amazon from swagbucks which also was used for MS credit.

All I got during the sale was TWAO ep 1 and Eternal Sonata....plus my gold expires on Jan 14th. Glad I already have TR since Im unsure about renewing.

downsouthtigger.png         ach.png

#5021 Baboy

Baboy

Das Feenreich!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Ska Studios (maker of The Dishwasher series, I maed a game with zombies in it, and Charlie Murder) released Time Viking and Spaceraptor for the indie marketplace. It's totally worth $1.

Agreed. Ironically I'm not a fan of their bigger games like The Dishwasher and Charlie Murder, but I maed a game with zombies in it was just histerical and so much fun to play. This one is easily more insane, though it is pretty easy to beat it in one run. For $1 it's totally worth it, besides there's local coop and high scores too. Plus laser cats. Everybody loves laser cats.

#5022 bbedwards

bbedwards

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

I'll chime in on Lego games-I never could get into them, I always got bored pretty quickly. I tried Lego Marvel on my brothers recommendation and...WOW. What a fun game! Completely took me by surprise.

I think the addition of dialogue made all the difference. Tons of snarky humor, tons of characters, open world to explore, etc. And again, it's just plain FUN.

I purchased Lego Batman 2 on the sale because I heard it is also open world with dialogue. Tempted on LOTR as well.

#5023 MidwestCheapAss

MidwestCheapAss

Sander Cohen

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

I read the deadpool axing is for digital copies only, should still be able to get a disc copy anywhere.

For the record, the only game you may have trouble finding physically is Xmen Destiny because technically due to the Silicon Knights lawsuit, they had to issue a recall on everything named in the suit, and the only Marvel title was Xmen Destiny is memory serves. Otherwise the Marvel delistings shouldn't have ANY effect on the physical copies of these titles, where applicable (Obviously some of these are only XBLA titles, and that really sucks).

#5024 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

Started Deadpool last night and while the gameplay is nothing special the presentation of the game is awesome.  I have a grin on my face the entire time.  Writing is great and Nolan North is in awesome form with his Deadpool.

Posted Image

#5025 Groo The Wanderer

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

Its a hilarious game. The entertainment factor saved it from being a forgettable piece of Asstivision shit.

#5026 guessed

guessed

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

I have just cause 2 physical, but I'm considering picking it up on GoD. Is that wrong?
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#5027 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

It's not really about the quality though, it's about the fact they pulled the games without telling anyone. Yeah, there were hints, such as the Marvel games made by Capcom were getting pulled, and the fact the Activision games kept going on sale more and more often (twice in December). But Capcom managed to make it clear the games were going to be de-listed, why didn't Acti do the same?

There was a link posted yesterday where the Activision community manager accepted some blame for not getting word out about it.  Whether he'll live up to the promise to be better about it in the future remains to be seen, but it's at least an acknowledgment that someone there dropped the ball.

http://www.playstati...ol-development/

I have just cause 2 physical, but I'm considering picking it up on GoD. Is that wrong?

Have you opened the physical copy and played it?  Enough to know you'll still get a lot of gaming out of it?  I'm not familiar with the game, but I have Gears 3 and Borderlands 2 physical, but bought them both when their GoD hit $10 because I know I'll still get plenty of gaming out of them to justify paying to not have to get up and switch discs when the mood strikes me.  If that makes me wrong, ... well, that's just something else to add to the list.

#5028 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:48 AM

I wish I had gotten in on that deal. They still haven't unbanned my billing address. Oh, well.

Also, I bought over a dozen games and am itching to play them all. Yet here I am at work with nothing to do... I miss winter breaks.

Try working 7 days a week, sometimes for almost 12 hours in a day.

1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#5029 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

The thought of ~80 hour work weeks makes me want to cry. 

#5030 IamnotBatman

IamnotBatman

The Daylight Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

What do you do for work?

#5031 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

What do you do for work?

He cannot answer because he is working. :)

Posted Image

#5032 IamnotBatman

IamnotBatman

The Daylight Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

He cannot answer because he is working. :)

Sounds like he's always working. He must be making good money though. Although it doesn't sound like he has anytime to enjoy it. I'm really curious haha I do 40-50 myself.

#5033 stevocbk24

stevocbk24

CAG Veteran/Winter Soldier

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

Try working outside when it's 52 degrees below zero...I call it Monday

stevo%20cbk24.jpg

#5034 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

But you must get paid alot since you do it lol

Backlog_Overload For Presadento cowabunga

#5035 Pheran

Pheran

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

I also bought Freefall Racers, my daughter and her friend loved it.  That was $1 well spent.

#5036 fableflav

fableflav

Movie Review Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:51 AM

Wow! Someone else picked this one up? Congratulations on being just as careless with your points. 8-)

I find it hard not to buy a game when its that cheap. Thus I own a copy of Sneak King.

#5037 stinkytick

stinkytick

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

I've bought Zeno Clash at a similar price, but as of now it is in the end of my backlog list. I guess I should have saved those cents for a coffee or a soda. :/

#5038 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:18 AM

For the record, the only game you may have trouble finding physically is Xmen Destiny because technically due to the Silicon Knights lawsuit, they had to issue a recall on everything named in the suit, and the only Marvel title was Xmen Destiny is memory serves. Otherwise the Marvel delistings shouldn't have ANY effect on the physical copies of these titles, where applicable (Obviously some of these are only XBLA titles, and that really sucks).

That and Too Human were supposed to be pulled from stores. So finding a sealed copy should be tough, and used copies might be overpriced by people thinkin they are some rare treasure. 

#5039 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:25 AM

What do you do for work?

Probably has two jobs. The bad news is it kills your entire day, the good news is you never have time to actually spend any money. 

The worse news is you never really have time to play any games. When i personally work 11-12 hour days I find myself too fried to be able to handle video games. Those become TV nights because it's a completely passive activity. 

#5040 fableflav

fableflav

Movie Review Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:45 AM

I've bought Zeno Clash at a similar price, but as of now it is in the end of my backlog list. I guess I should have saved those cents for a coffee or a soda. :/

That's the only game I've truly regretted snagging for a buck.