Photo
* * * * - 46 votes

XBL Deals - 12/31-1/6: "LEGO GonD"(-40%)* │ FREE: Sleeping Dogs* │ MM↓: SRIV $39.99, Hydrophobia $2.99

XBL Xbox Live XBLA Games on Demand DLC Arcade Avatar Item

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5099 replies to this topic

#61 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

Was very happy to wake up to this email. Planned to buy them all anyways, so this is perfect for me.

Would've been happier to wake up to this one though:

Spoiler

:drool:

#62 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

CML: cheapassgamer.com/topic/321457-

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

I just get newsletters telling me to buy the newest AAA games at MSRP. Looks like Microsoft isn't spying on us after all.

21 Aug 2014 Looking for Dirt 2. Paying $30 for a MINT copy.
:hot: pDSfxwU.png :hot:

vTIvNK1.gifhlCUS8Z.gif

#63 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

Fuck ing nuts that they're giving away Xbox Ones, especially to a dedicated population that was already guaranteed to be paying full price for the Xbox One on day one anyway.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#64 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

Would've been happier to wake up to this one though:

Spoiler

:drool:

DAMN. I guess I'm happy to get the KI unlock, but I'm also insanely jealous of the people who are getting a free console.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#65 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

Microsoft giving away free copies of Killer Instinct. Check your emails. Supposedly some have "won" consoles but idk about that.

Spoiler

Not sure how this will work exactly. I'm guessing they probably won't just send you a code.

I got this email too. Winning an XB1 would have been awesome but I'll take what I can get.

#66 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

Fuck ing nuts that they're giving away Xbox Ones, especially to a dedicated population that was already guaranteed to be paying full price for the Xbox One on day one anyway.

From what I hear it's people with very large GS that are winning them. Microsoft will easily make their money back with the amount of games and DLC those people buy.

#67 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

From what I hear it's people with very large GS that are winning them. Microsoft will easily make their money back with the amount of games and DLC those people buy.

Yes and no.  Those people were already going to buy up everything under the sun if it has achievements.

I'm not saying it's not a cool move, it will definitely build more loyalty in that group.  But I gotta say that seems like it would be moving the loyalty ticker from 96% loyal to 99% loyal, which I don't see being very valuable to MS in the long run.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#68 QDizzle

QDizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

WONDER IF TYLER GOT AN EMAIL:P

NEW Gameshare Feedback Tracker August 2014

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

QDizzle81.png

#69 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

WONDER IF TYLER GOT AN EMAIL:P

lol

MPaullin.png

Trophies are dumb. Take a look at all of mine.

#70 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

Definitely didn't get an email, though I still get my monthly updates from Xbox Live Rewards.

#71 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

I can't stand this OP style. But whatever, just won't look at it. But it is a bit silly that somebody random makes a new thread and hasn't even acknowledged questions about what's going on. Just a bunch of "No more poll" talk. Just odd. Gonna go back and keep bumping the old thread.

#72 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

Boo this thread

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#73 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

I can't stand this OP style. But whatever, just won't look at it. But it is a bit silly that somebody random makes a new thread and hasn't even acknowledged questions about what's going on. Just a bunch of "No more poll" talk. Just odd. Gonna go back and keep bumping the old thread.

Uhh... no, I did not kill "bobby"? (lol)

The last OP was incapacitated by the time a new DotW went up so a new thread was created. I especially did not want to risk another poll for an XBL Deals thread, nor a bloated OP (see: FAQ & multiplayer event in previous thread) distracting the focus of the thread: XBL Deals.

PS
Flat is in.

vTIvNK1.gifhlCUS8Z.gif

#74 Matty B

Matty B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

The last OP was incapacitated by the time a new DotW went up so a new thread was created. I especially did not want to risk another poll for an XBL Deals thread, nor a bloated OP (see: FAQ & multiplayer event in previous thread) distracting the focus of the thread: XBL Deals.

qF4VVRO.gif

mwb1138.gif

#75 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

If in the op it just had something with a lot more contrast than white on green it would be a lot more readable. I still wouldn't love it, but at least i could read it.

Crunchewy.png

#76 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

Uhh... no, I did not kill "bobby"? (lol)

PS
Flat is in.

The FAQ and community stuff wasn't until the 2nd and 3rd page of the OP.  It wasn't obscuring the deals at all.

I personally wasn't a fan of the community stuff here but I think some people were.  I don't know.  The poll was probably too big.

#77 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

The FAQ and community stuff wasn't until the 2nd and 3rd page of the OP.  It wasn't obscuring the deals at all.

I personally wasn't a fan of the community stuff here but I think some people were.  I don't know.  The poll was probably too big.

Which also goes to show how useful a pow-wow meeting for the new thread creator was. /s

vTIvNK1.gifhlCUS8Z.gif

#78 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

Huh?

#79 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Its definitely not completely only this. I have over 300K and have not gotten a single email. A free console would be awesome but I actually lost my interest in Microsoft over the last few months. Next Thursday!

Edit: Actually I just checked my TrueAchievements friends and three so far got X1s. They said prizes start at 75K GS and up. All of which have gotten the X1 have between 295K-600K GS. Crazy. I hope I at least get Killer Instinct.

512847.png

#80 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Its definitely not completely only this. I have over 300K and have not gotten a single email. A free console would be awesome but I actually lost my interest in Microsoft over the last few months. Next Thursday!

Edit: Actually I just checked my TrueAchievements friends and three so far got X1s. They said prizes start at 75K GS and up. All of which have gotten the X1 have between 295K-600K GS. Crazy. I hope I at least get Killzone.

Killzone?? :-k

#81 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Killzone?? :-k

Fixed, my bad.

512847.png

#82 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

I've been gaming for well over 20 years and this is ridiculous to me. I'm always getting surprised by things. Whole genres I hated and suddenly one game can change that. Recently this happened with both Dishonored and Saint's Row 4. Both because I read several reviews and was very intrigued.

Granted, the basic score isn't very important but the actual reviews are what gave me info on the games to think maybe they were different. Without having to watch extensive gameplay and perhaps ruing something of the discovery.

Most people just keep saying "Reviews suck and the people who review them suck" Maybe you're just reading the wrong ones? The best reviews cover problems with performance and an overview of gameplay. They shouldn't just be hate or love. What's so bad about reading more about something??

Just so much blind hate on them is silly and baseless.

Maybe it's because my taste is pretty wide so that there are maybe two genres I don't like and even then, one of those is just something that could easily change should I find an RTS that interests me. I didn't say I don't get surprised, but it's more that I hadn't seen or heard about a cool game earlier than I did. 

I write about games, so I keep an eye on release lists to have something of an idea of what's coming out and can make mental notes to check out certain games that look right up my alley. I don't really get blindsided by games unless they just come out of nowhere. I also listen to podcasts and watch Quick Looks and such, so I get a lot of information on games to help keep me informed on what's coming and what I will want to check out.

I don't read reviews at all nor did I say they're bad or anything like that. They're just opinions like anybody else's and I have a better filter for myself as to what will be something that I enjoy than anything that Metacritic or following one site could really provide. I didn't say anything about those who read them either, as it's not my place to dictate how you or anyone else researches their potential purchases. Not doing it myself doesn't mean that others can't find value in those things.

There's no blind hate here. Or hatred at all.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#83 Docsamson

Docsamson

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

Seems pretty simple to me. The last OP disappeared, so a new thread was made for this week's deals. Oh no!

#84 QDizzle

QDizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

why people complaining about the new thread when you could be mentioning if serious sam is worth it?

NEW Gameshare Feedback Tracker August 2014

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

QDizzle81.png

#85 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

if serious sam is worth it?

Is it?

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#86 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

why people complaining about the new thread when you could be mentioning if serious sam is worth it?

No. Serious Sam is not worth a new thread. :P

#87 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

Edit: Actually I just checked my TrueAchievements friends and three so far got X1s. They said prizes start at 75K GS and up. All of which have gotten the X1 have between 295K-600K GS. Crazy. I hope I at least get Killer Instinct.

Yep, one friend with 399k GS got Xbox One. I'm with 146k GS and they gifted me KI. Not getting the console anytime soon tho, since is more expensive and on top of that with inferior hardware, compared to ps4.

Being huge achievement whore pretty much net you the console. :p

#88 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

Concerning Xbox One - for the 'Comming Soon' section (post #2):

All retail Xbox One games will have a "day 1 digital copy"; so only non-retail Xbox One games/DLC/Avatar Items will be counted below for the Xbox One platform... UNLESS there's a price difference.

vTIvNK1.gifhlCUS8Z.gif

#89 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:26 AM

No.  Serious Sam is stupid.

#90 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

Tag for future use.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png