Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

This Sunday Game Stop Offering 90% System Trade in Bonus for those who Preordered PS4

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

I received a message from my local Gamestop saying that this Sunday only they would be offering a 90% trade in bonus for anyone who has preordered the PS4 to go towards the system.

This bonus is for systems only

IE

PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U, Vita, DS & 3DS

Credit must go towards system but any left over you can use towards what ever you want.

Also as a side note they also said for they will only be holding PS4 for 48hrs so if you cant pick it up in that time frame make arrangements for someone else to pick it up

Edit:

Joystiq is now promoting the trade in deal

http://www.joystiq.c...edit-on-sunday/

Also they will be doing the same thing for Xbox 1 on Nov 17th (Credit goes to brownda1 for finding the gamestop link)

http://www.gamestop....TEevEb6V2VY453w

ps4event_trade.jpg

Thanks IkedaTeramusa for the Image

#2 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

I received a message from my local Gamestop saying that this Sunday only they would be offering a 90% trade in bonus for anyone who has preordered the PS4 to go towards the system.

This bonus is for systems only

IE

PS3, Xbox 360, Wii & Wii U

Credit must go towards system but any left over you can use towards what ever you want.

Also as a side note they also said for they will only be holding PS4 for 48hrs so if you cant pick it up in that time frame make arrangements for someone else to pick it up

LOL  look at the  trade in credit prices though  they suck

WOOOO I STINK

#3 jetsaredim

jetsaredim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:09 AM

This for Pro only?  I didn't get any call.  Maybe because my PS4 is paid off already?  They did say something like this over the summer, but I didn't really believe them.  I would have not bothered to trade in my system to Amazon (still waiting a week for processing).  Even if the value was a little less than Amazon, it would've been less out of pocket for the PS4...  Anyone know what the value is for a Slim 120G PS3?

EDIT: Called a west coast store (all stores on east coast are closed) apparently the value is only $60 for a 120G Slim, so assuming Amazon ever finishes processing my trade, I have no regrets about the $145 I locked in.

Posted Image

#4 R3DNate

R3DNate

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

How is $100 bad trade-in for the PS3 when it'll go up to $190 towards the ps4? Dude you can buy them for $200-250 new. :P

#5 Zalaki

Zalaki

Worker by night, Gamer by day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

Hmm wonder if it would count for a RROD Xbox 360 lmao.. I am in!

Currenty Playing

:pc: Diablo 3 , Day Z  :applause:   | :ps4: Bound by Flame

:360: Left4Dead  | :vita:Borderlands 2 :D/ |   :wiiu: Windwaker HD

Check out my items for trade!

#6 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

How is $100 bad trade-in for the PS3 when it'll go up to $190 towards the ps4? Dude you can buy them for $200-250 new. :P

PS3 500GB (New K Model) System Hardware

how many people are going to run out and  BUY the new model just to flip it for a ps4.  Called about  my PS3   250  super slim and they said  60 bucks.   Ummm i keep my system  before i let it go that cheap

WOOOO I STINK

#7 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:28 AM

While yes they are not as good as they were when the 50% coupons first started several months ago, but its still an easy way to off load a system you no longer want without the hassle of eBay or Craigslist.

I will be trading in my launch wii u since I picked up the Zelda bundle, it is pretty close to what I would get else where without the hassle

#8 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

While yes they are not as good as they were when the 50% coupons first started several months ago, but its still an easy way to off load a system you no longer want without the hassle of eBay or Craigslist.

I will be trading in my launch wii u since I picked up the Zelda bundle, it is pretty close to what I would get else where without the hassle

How much can you get for Wii U? I might trade up and get the Zelda bundle too.

sXccgoQ.gif771291726.gif?1368801226j5IniQc.gif

Get A Free Xbox One! Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line Super easy and it works!

If you want to be awesome, like Duane, you'd do it!

Currently playing: Big Rigs :pc:, Charlie's Angels  :gc:, Aquaman :gc:, Drake of the 99 Dragons :xbox:,

#9 Mando44646

Mando44646

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'm a pro member and have recieved no such message

#10 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

First off I wonder if this is legit, and if it is will they do this for the X1 launch as well?

#11 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

How much can you get for Wii U? I might trade up and get the Zelda bundle too.

Last I checked it was $125 base for the 32gb. So you would get 237.50 after the bonus. Hopeful base stays where it's at.

First off I wonder if this is legit, and if it is will they do this for the X1 launch as well?

I still haven't seen anything about it on gamestop.com. However I have talked to several other local game stops and they have confirmed this promo as well. Not sure if they will do the same thing for the X1 but I will ask when I go in either today or tomorrow. I'll also see if I can get a photo of the memo when I go in.

#12 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

I also received a call from GS regarding my PS4 preorder. Said the same thing with the 48 hours hold. They didn't inform me about an extra trade in bonus though, but it's probably because I have my PS4 paid off in full.

#13 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

It's legit.  I called and verified with 2 local store managers.

1)  You must applied some of the credit to pay off your system.  So people like me who have their's paid off need to reallocate a portion of that money somewhere else and then pay it off again.

2)  Trade in values are dropping but it's still $200 that I won't have to spend on extra controllers and the like

3)  I'm personally thinking about taking the remainder and putting it onto an Xbone but I haven't decided that yet.  The games just aren't there.

Article here:  http://www.gamespot....s/1100-6416034/

P.S.  It stands to reason the Xbone will get this as well.  They held similar events for the WiiU and the 3DS XL triple cred.

#14 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

Any chance I can do this without a ps4 or xb1 pre order already in place? Totally fine with getting a new console pre ordered if I can, but I believe they don't exist unless someone canceled.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

man i wish this was on more than just systems.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#16 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

Last I checked it was $125 base for the 32gb. So you would get 237.50 after the bonus. Hopeful base stays where it's at.

I still haven't seen anything about it on gamestop.com. However I have talked to several other local game stops and they have confirmed this promo as well. Not sure if they will do the same thing for the X1 but I will ask when I go in either today or tomorrow. I'll also see if I can get a photo of the memo when I go in.

actually the base is 110, so you'd get 209.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#17 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

Any chance I can do this without a ps4 or xb1 pre order already in place? Totally fine with getting a new console pre ordered if I can, but I believe they don't exist unless someone canceled.

Pretty sure that's a store manager call...  I wouldn't trust the word of ANYONE in GS not a ASM or above.  And even THEN I'd still go to the manager.  If you try 2-3 and they all balk, their DM would most likely capitulate as long as you're polite about it.

#18 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

actually the base is 110, so you'd get 209.

Bummer but it has been awhile since I had checked the value on it. I may just keep it.

#19 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

ps4event_trade.jpg

#20 Vanacloud

Vanacloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

Gamestop has a tendency to drop the TIV as soon as a special promo pops up.  Today might be 110, whos to say by Sunday it'll be $80 base..

#21 Grave_Addiction

Grave_Addiction

The Sega Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

Does anyone know how much trade-in credit GS gives on a 160GB PS3 model? It looks like they only list the K model on it website.

Follow me on Twitter @airforcewriter

Listen to The Bit Loaders Show here!

#22 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

Does anyone know how much trade-in credit GS gives on a 160GB PS3 model? It looks like they only list the K model on it website.

check the tiv thread or make a call.... good chance Sunday will bring a lower trade value though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 njmaddenballer

njmaddenballer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

I received the email and I will be at Gamestop on Sunday wen they open.

#24 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

Check the GS trade in thread.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#25 MrMountie

MrMountie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

I just traded in a 3DS the other day too. Dongs.

#26 BlockheadBrown

BlockheadBrown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

Gamestop has a tendency to drop the TIV as soon as a special promo pops up.  Today might be 110, whos to say by Sunday it'll be $80 base..

I called in to my local store last week.  TIV for a 250GB 360 was $80 and TIV for a 160GB PS3 Slim was $75.

#27 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

I wonder what the current trade in is for a Vita wifi model?

#28 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Why?  Now with the ps4 coming out, my Vita is actually out on my desk near a charger.  It might actually get... turned ON... :-P

#29 AAK_SO_COLD

AAK_SO_COLD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

Time to wipe the dust off the vita!!
Learn from the BEST :D

#30 volition134

volition134

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Just to give folks a heads up: I was talking to a good friend(GAMESTOP employee) today about me getting my non pre ordered ps4 at the midnight launch. Apparently someone who DID preorder one wasn't going to pick it up but it left it on file so the store could get an extra one. Anyway, I called them to double check that was still going to happen and the employee said they got an email today saying they were going to get extra PS4s anyway, so I would be fine to get one 100% no matter what. I'm sure these quantities are based on pre orders per store but for those who were hoping to get one the day of and DIDN'T preorder, it might be worth going to the midnight launches.