This Sunday Game Stop Offering 90% System Trade in Bonus for those who Preordered PS4

Zazoo

CAGiversary!
I received a message from my local Gamestop saying that this Sunday only they would be offering a 90% trade in bonus for anyone who has preordered the PS4 to go towards the system.

This bonus is for systems only

IE

PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U, Vita, DS & 3DS

Credit must go towards system but any left over you can use towards what ever you want.

Also as a side note they also said for they will only be holding PS4 for 48hrs so if you cant pick it up in that time frame make arrangements for someone else to pick it up

Edit:

Joystiq is now promoting the trade in deal

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/07/gamestop-holding-special-trade-in-event-for-ps4-credit-on-sunday/

Also they will be doing the same thing for Xbox 1 on Nov 17th (Credit goes to brownda1 for finding the gamestop link)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/xbone-event/?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-qUhsLSRTEevEb6V2VY453w

ps4event_trade.jpg

Thanks IkedaTeramusa for the Image

Last edited by a moderator:
I received a message from my local Gamestop saying that this Sunday only they would be offering a 90% trade in bonus for anyone who has preordered the PS4 to go towards the system.

This bonus is for systems only

IE

PS3, Xbox 360, Wii & Wii U

Credit must go towards system but any left over you can use towards what ever you want.

Also as a side note they also said for they will only be holding PS4 for 48hrs so if you cant pick it up in that time frame make arrangements for someone else to pick it up
LOL look at the trade in credit prices though they suck

This for Pro only?  I didn't get any call.  Maybe because my PS4 is paid off already?  They did say something like this over the summer, but I didn't really believe them.  I would have not bothered to trade in my system to Amazon (still waiting a week for processing).  Even if the value was a little less than Amazon, it would've been less out of pocket for the PS4...  Anyone know what the value is for a Slim 120G PS3?

EDIT: Called a west coast store (all stores on east coast are closed) apparently the value is only $60 for a 120G Slim, so assuming Amazon ever finishes processing my trade, I have no regrets about the $145 I locked in.

How is $100 bad trade-in for the PS3 when it'll go up to $190 towards the ps4? Dude you can buy them for $200-250 new. :p
PS3 500GB (New K Model) System Hardware

how many people are going to run out and BUY the new model just to flip it for a ps4. Called about my PS3 250 super slim and they said 60 bucks. Ummm i keep my system before i let it go that cheap

LOL look at the trade in credit prices though they suck
While yes they are not as good as they were when the 50% coupons first started several months ago, but its still an easy way to off load a system you no longer want without the hassle of eBay or Craigslist.

I will be trading in my launch wii u since I picked up the Zelda bundle, it is pretty close to what I would get else where without the hassle

While yes they are not as good as they were when the 50% coupons first started several months ago, but its still an easy way to off load a system you no longer want without the hassle of eBay or Craigslist.

I will be trading in my launch wii u since I picked up the Zelda bundle, it is pretty close to what I would get else where without the hassle
How much can you get for Wii U? I might trade up and get the Zelda bundle too.

How much can you get for Wii U? I might trade up and get the Zelda bundle too.
Last I checked it was $125 base for the 32gb. So you would get 237.50 after the bonus. Hopeful base stays where it's at.

First off I wonder if this is legit, and if it is will they do this for the X1 launch as well?

I still haven't seen anything about it on gamestop.com. However I have talked to several other local game stops and they have confirmed this promo as well. Not sure if they will do the same thing for the X1 but I will ask when I go in either today or tomorrow. I'll also see if I can get a photo of the memo when I go in.

I also received a call from GS regarding my PS4 preorder. Said the same thing with the 48 hours hold. They didn't inform me about an extra trade in bonus though, but it's probably because I have my PS4 paid off in full.

It's legit.  I called and verified with 2 local store managers.

1)  You must applied some of the credit to pay off your system.  So people like me who have their's paid off need to reallocate a portion of that money somewhere else and then pay it off again.

2)  Trade in values are dropping but it's still $200 that I won't have to spend on extra controllers and the like

3)  I'm personally thinking about taking the remainder and putting it onto an Xbone but I haven't decided that yet.  The games just aren't there.

Article here:  http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-holding-ps4-pre-launch-events/1100-6416034/

P.S.  It stands to reason the Xbone will get this as well.  They held similar events for the WiiU and the 3DS XL triple cred.

Any chance I can do this without a ps4 or xb1 pre order already in place? Totally fine with getting a new console pre ordered if I can, but I believe they don't exist unless someone canceled.

Last I checked it was $125 base for the 32gb. So you would get 237.50 after the bonus. Hopeful base stays where it's at.

I still haven't seen anything about it on gamestop.com. However I have talked to several other local game stops and they have confirmed this promo as well. Not sure if they will do the same thing for the X1 but I will ask when I go in either today or tomorrow. I'll also see if I can get a photo of the memo when I go in.
actually the base is 110, so you'd get 209.

Any chance I can do this without a ps4 or xb1 pre order already in place? Totally fine with getting a new console pre ordered if I can, but I believe they don't exist unless someone canceled.

Pretty sure that's a store manager call... I wouldn't trust the word of ANYONE in GS not a ASM or above. And even THEN I'd still go to the manager. If you try 2-3 and they all balk, their DM would most likely capitulate as long as you're polite about it.

Gamestop has a tendency to drop the TIV as soon as a special promo pops up.  Today might be 110, whos to say by Sunday it'll be $80 base..

Just to give folks a heads up: I was talking to a good friend(GAMESTOP employee) today about me getting my non pre ordered ps4 at the midnight launch. Apparently someone who DID preorder one wasn't going to pick it up but it left it on file so the store could get an extra one. Anyway, I called them to double check that was still going to happen and the employee said they got an email today saying they were going to get extra PS4s anyway, so I would be fine to get one 100% no matter what. I'm sure these quantities are based on pre orders per store but for those who were hoping to get one the day of and DIDN'T preorder, it might be worth going to the midnight launches.

Funny thing is that GS lowered the trade in value of the systems a few days ago, making this deal worthless. You basically get a little less than what they were giving recently on their 50% extra credit.

I received the email on Nov. 7th and had this coupon attached to it too and I have no idea where it came from, anyone else get it too?

"You Have $25.00 Extra GameStop Credit to Spend Toward Your Purchase!"

I received the email on Nov. 7th and had this coupon attached to it too and I have no idea where it came from, anyone else get it too?

"You Have $25.00 Extra GameStop Credit to Spend Toward Your Purchase!"
I believe it's checking how much poweruprewards points you have, and then looking for a coupon for $x off any purchase.

So you're saying its more or less a "thank you for doing business with us" type of coupon? I have 44K in points
Well my email had a $5 one and when I clicked on it, it went to the poweruprewards rewards section and put it on a redeem $5 off any purchase coupon. So I just assume it's like that for anyone else that had that also, I could be wrong though.

Any chance at all that the 90% would also apply to a non working PS3 trade in?  I know the value would be obviously less but 90% extra on the non working trade value is better than nothing.

The manager at our store wasn't accepting anything that couldn't work/boot up.  

There was a code he had to type in to get the credit for those who's PS4 is already paid off.

250Gb slim going for $75 which went to $146 with the offer.

I was going to trade in my DSi in for this until the person helping me said that the chipped off paint counted as a defect.

I thought they still accepted PS3s with the blinking red lights or YLOD. Are they not anymore?
I called & my store confirmed they take them. They also punched in the code to test while I was on the phone and said the 90% bonus WILL apply to them. My friend has a dead one & a preorder at Amazon, so I'm going to help him out by getting the boost for him & converting it to Amazon kindle cards.

bread's done
Back