CAG Fast Food/Restaurant Foodies Thread

• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#1 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

This topic is all about your favorite meals and any new promo stuff from fast food and sit-down restaurants. Joy!

I have been eating at McDonald's a little more often lately. Before, I only had McChickens, as their Premium Chicken Sandwiches suck (I miss their Crispy Chicken) but their new Bacon McChicken is pretty good. And their Mighty Wings, while nowhere near KFC's perfect Hot Wings, are pretty good.

Also, Pizza Hutt's new 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust tastes pretty much the same as normal. Considering Stuffed Crust is the best kind of crust, that is perfectly fine.

#2 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

I love McDonald's premium chicken sandwiches, but they're overpriced. I tried their pumpkin pie yesterday. 2 for $1, and they were pretty decent for that price. I think that's the first time I've ever answered yes when they answer the drive-thru and immediately try to sell you something.

The Smokehouse Brisket from Arby's is really good.

Papa John's Buffalo Chicken and Italian Meats & 4 Cheeses are also pretty tasty. They're even better when you can get them for $8.99 on M/T/W.

I used to eat at Subway a lot, but I stopped going since they pretty much killed the $5 menu. The place here also started putting an insulting amount of bacon on the BLT. It almost doesn't even deserve the B. "Would you like a piece of bacon on your giant sandwich full of lettuce?"

pitfall_harry219.png

#3 MachineElf

MachineElf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

My best friend owns a couple Subway restaurants, so, it's a staple.  The BBQ chicken and pork are awesome with pickles, wish they had them year-round.  The best fast food burger I've had is the bacon ultimate cheeseburger at Jack in the Box but substitute the bun for sour dough bread.  It's a heart attack but a tasty one!  I don't know if Casey's General Store (gas station) is a nation wide or regional thing but they have badass pizza, definitely worth trying!

#4 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

When the $10 bucket came back I knew, I was in for trouble again on my weekends...and now it's on Saturdays and Sundays, so even more disaster! T___T

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#5 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

Don't have Jack in the Boxes out here in MD. We just got a Sonic a year or so ago, but its location doesn't lead it to much business (case in point, the top stores in the plaza are a Spanish supermarket and a Dollar Tree). Their milkshakes are heaven, though.

Subway's BBQ Pork sub is great, especially with mayo. Also like the Chicken & Bacon, but I usually get the Oven Roasted because it's cheaper.

Everyone in the store I work at is obsessed with Chi-Fil-A and I can't understand why. Their chicken is OK, but pales in comparison to Wendy's perfection that is their Spicy Chicken. Even their milkshakes, while good, are nowhere near Sonic's.

#6 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

All your base are belong to McDonald's Fried Apple Pies.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#7 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Angry Whopper. I don't know if it's the fact that it is a limited item that makes me love it so much or what, but whenever it pops back on the menu I start going to Burger King again. I really wish they did the Angry Tendercrisp again. I remember them having it in 2009 and then it never came back :(

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#8 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

Must have McDonald's coke at least once a week. The mighty wings were good but not worth a buck each. Tried some of the new value chicken/burgers last week and they're all *alright*.

Currently on a Jimmy Johns Beach Club kick at the moment.

Here in Cleveland we're having a bit of a culinary renaissance with food trucks and independent restaurants. There's a taco truck and a mod mex restaurant that are had and shoulders above any chain offerings.
Posted Image

#9 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

I don't eat much fast food outside the Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich on Texas Toast at Whataburger and the the Cantina Double Steak Quesadilla at Taco Bell. If neither places have those items, I just won't eat fast food. 

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#10 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

In under a month, a Sonic Drive-in is opening. What do you guys recommend there?

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#11 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

In under a month, a Sonic Drive-in is opening. What do you guys recommend there?

Their milkshakes are worth anything.

As for actual food, their chicken tender burger is pretty good. Helped by them using Texas Toast instead of buns. Their hot dogs are also quite good.

But yea, there's a reason the beverage menu is twice as long as as their food menu.

Did I mention I love their milkshakes? Many nights that would be my dinner.

#12 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:18 AM

Lowering your expectations ;)
Posted Image

#13 Uncle Milkshake

Uncle Milkshake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

The best thing about Sonic is the variety of their menu. I agree with some of the other posts that their milkshakes are quite good.

#14 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Then I have to ask: What's your favorite milk shake(s) at Sonic?  

The best shakes I've had are at Steak and Shake. My favorites are the choconilla (vanilla and chocolate side by side) and chocolate chip cookie dough. Does Sonic have anything like those?

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#15 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Their normal shakes are Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Banana, and Peach. They had another 20 flavors over the summer (mostly various cream pie and cheesecake flavors) but I don't know if they still do or not.

I love their strawberry. Peach and Banana are good too.

#16 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

I take it back, I found myself eating Sonic over the weekend and the Chicago Dog and bite of my gf burger wasn't too shabby at all.

Sonic advertised in my market for years before showing up, too much hype methinks.
Posted Image

#17 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:35 AM

Sonic is garbage IMO.

The best fast food is In n Out period. It's not even close.

Five Guys is good. Subway is pretty weak when compared to Quiznos or Blimpies. But I rarely eat fast food except I usually get Taco Bell for lunch like every Saturday. And it's not even good, I don't know why I eat it. Probably some chemical in the food that triggers my mind to want it.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#18 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

I dont get the hype around in and out. They opened a few locations in Dallas and it was not that great.  Whatburger, Wendys and Taco Bueno are my top 3. I do like that new triple steak stack from taco bell. The steak actually tastes good.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#19 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

I don't eat much fast food outside the Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich on Texas Toast at Whataburger and the the Cantina Double Steak Quesadilla at Taco Bell. If neither places have those items, I just won't eat fast food. 

Same when I do eat junk food its a double meat from whataburger or water burger as I thought for years

dat place is gdlk

#20 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Sonic is garbage IMO.

The best fast food is In n Out period. It's not even close.

Five Guys is good. Subway is pretty weak when compared to Quiznos or Blimpies. But I rarely eat fast food except I usually get Taco Bell for lunch like every Saturday. And it's not even good, I don't know why I eat it. Probably some chemical in the food that triggers my mind to want it.

I have never been to an In-and-Out. Then again, I haven't been south or to the West Coast in over a decade.

Blimpie doesn't really have any subs I like. I usually prefer Subway because Quiznos I always have to take all the condiments off their sandwiches.

Five Guys has great burgers but are just too expensive. At least they got rid of their god-awful grilled cheese.

#21 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:15 AM

I like checkers or rallys, name varies by area.

Like nukem says five guys is good but for $10 for a fairly standard burger and fries  no thanks

(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#22 Uncle Milkshake

Uncle Milkshake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

Then I have to ask: What's your favorite milk shake(s) at Sonic?  

The best shakes I've had are at Steak and Shake. My favorites are the choconilla (vanilla and chocolate side by side) and chocolate chip cookie dough. Does Sonic have anything like those?

Their Hot Fudge milkshake is pretty good. They have a pretty wide selection: 

Sonic Milkshakes 

#23 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

Thanks. The PB&J milkshake and those cheesecake shakes sound really good.

I had Blimpies once and it was awful. The bread was so dry; in fact, the majority of the sandwich was bread.  I should have known since it was coming from inside a gas station which has since been replaced by a Quiznos. I didn't know about the Quiznos until a few days ago so maybe I'll head over there tomorrow. Subway isn't too bad. I usually get the Subway Club but I use to have the Chicken Pizziola all the time.

Have you guys heard of Cheeburger, Cheeburger or Char Hut? Their burgers are grilled like Five Guys so the wait is worth it. Char Hut is the only burger place I've been to that serves beer. I use to go to Miami Subs, but like Blimpies, the bread was too much.

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#24 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

I would like to visit Cheeburger, Cheeburger, if only for their milkshakes, but it's like an hour away.

#25 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

I went to a Cheeburger Cheeburger the last time I was in Fort Lauderdale. The burger was very meh, but gat damn, those milkshakes. 

Posted Image

#26 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

I loved miami subs. Their burgers were great. They had seasonal Visalia onion rings that were awesome. Firehouse subs is good too.

#27 Uncle Milkshake

Uncle Milkshake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

Never tried any of those burger places. 

The sub place I've been enjoying lately is Jimmy John's. Pretty good bread, but the prices are a little more the Subway. Potbelly Sandwich Shop is another fine choice. 

#28 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepard of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

The sub place I've been enjoying lately is Jimmy John's. Pretty good bread, but the prices are a little more the Subway.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find JJ to be all that great. The best thing about them is their delivery prices. I'd rather eat at Quiznos or Subway for my sub fix.

Twitter | Last.fm
Burning%20Karma.jpg

Let the water flow with shades of red now

Arrows black out all the light
Death is riding into town with armor

They've come to grant you your rights

#29 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

The Beach Club on wheat at Jimmy Johns is pretty damn amazing. I do like Potbelly's as well. 

Posted Image

#30 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

Jimmy John's is good, but I prefer hot subs.