Target Canada, buy 2 get 1 free

I tried offer-matching this at Future Shop earlier. Sales rep was prepared to give it up, but some higher up cunt felt the need to get into technicalities, that is, "it doesn't have a specific list of games" on the site or flyer. Told him that in the fine print anything other than Skylanders and Disney Infinite is fair game. Wouldn't budge.

But yeah, good sale anyway. Shame the Target nearest me doesn't have the games I want. They hadn't put out any PS4 titles either, so.

I wonder if I'll have any issues if I decide to match this. Between this and the Futureshop deal, it's going to be an amazing month for gaming.

If anyone is in Toronto area and interested in splitting this deal, let me know! Preferably a $40 game (will come down to $28 after splitting).

I really wanted to grab Rayman Legends on Wii U with this deal but they were sold out and I really didn't want to bother with Best Buy or Futureshop matching, since I figured they would give me issues.

Picked up Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Tales Xillia and then three clearance games (Resident Evil revelations wii u, teken wii u and dishonored.)

I really wanted some 3DS games but the selection was pretty terrible for that system.

The free items are the cheapest ones, of course, right?
Yes.

Just saw EB is selling Tales already cheaper then $59... might go exchange that one for something even newer then. Maybe Diablo or something. Gotta head back out for that FS and BB deal anyways tomorrow.

You can get the third game for the same price as well. I picked up Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon/Super Mario 3D Land and Ocarina of Time 3D.

Just thought I would add my experience. I went to FS for the trade in promo but didn't get anything so I got them to match Target's deal. They were willing to do it no problem. I asked about a limit for the deal (more than 3), so they called Target to see what they were doing. The limit was 4 seperate deals (meaning 12 games). It worked out better at FS because the selection is so much better than my Target.

Just thought I would add my experience. I went to FS for the trade in promo but didn't get anything so I got them to match Target's deal. They were willing to do it no problem. I asked about a limit for the deal (more than 3), so they called Target to see what they were doing. The limit was 4 seperate deals (meaning 12 games). It worked out better at FS because the selection is so much better than my Target.
Wait.. they actually matched it? Umm wow, I wanted Rayman Legends as my third game but it's not even carried by Target here.

Is this only for pictured games? I thought the flyer said any games except the Skylanders and Disney Infinity? Does it work on next gen games?

Didn't try next gen games at FS, but I don't see why it wouldn't. I suggest going to FS and BB or even Walmart and just trying it. You can bring a Target flyer or they have the flyer on target.ca. I think it depends on who you get at the Customer Service counter; some are more willing to help out than others.

I tried offer-matching at Future Shop and Best Buy. They wouldn't let me. Oh well. I was, though, able to price-match Killzone: Shadow Fall for $39.99, which was nice. Wal-mart's worth a shot if you're in need of capitalizing on this deal, I guess.

Is this only for pictured games? I thought the flyer said any games except the Skylanders and Disney Infinity? Does it work on next gen games?
It works on every single game in their store, I'm not sure on Ps4/Xbox One games though. Also, I tried pricematching this deal at my Best Buy and Futureshop, but they wouldn't let me.

Walmart here doesn't seem to do it either.

Looks like I got pretty lucky then I guess. Picked up Rocksmith 2014, Windwaker HD, Wonderful 101, Little Big Planet 2, ICO/SOTC HD, and Infamous 2 for about $170.

I was shopping in my local Target yesterday (YMMV) and noticed some really good prices on some games marked as "clearance":

Super Mario Galaxy 2 $17.99

COD: MW2 & 3 - both $8.99

Resident Evil Revelations $14.99

Star Trek $5.99

Tank Tank Tank $5.99

Combining some of these prices with the buy 2, get 1 makes for some wicked deals.

bread's done
Back