Photo
* - - - - 15 votes

Can We Just Admit NeoGAF Is Just Sony Marketing?

Sony PS4 Vita NeoGAF

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:10 AM

Developed by Crytek, but produced, bankrolled and published by Microsoft.  They had a huge say in its development.

Interesting.  TBH that game has been so far off the radar for its years of development it's easy to see why I didn't know.  It never looked that interesting to me to begin with, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when they first showed a trailer for it.  Crytek has really fallen as a dev in my eyes, ever since they tried to go mainstream with Crysis 2 and it sucked hard.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#32 polyh3dron

polyh3dron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:31 AM

Speaking of apparently unfounded GAF anti-MS bias: http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=712867

Why would NeoGAF members dislike such an honest company?

#33 basilofbkrst

basilofbkrst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

Doesn't Ryse use Kinect for voice commands to units at certain points? 

If so, it uses kinect. Not every game has to be a motion game, but most if not all games can have at least one thing use voice commands that will help someone out there enjoy the game more. 

#34 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

I've visited GAF a few times but I never bothered making an account. Internet forums in general are generally becoming the asshole(s) of the internet. The only reason I post on CAG is because I respect the community and that 98% of us are mature adults. I guess as I got older, the more and less patience I had for internet forums. And god forbid you ever talk about any subject negatively in a video game forum. I've learned just from past experience that posting in a thread that clearly has a bias towards one side is the equivalent of talking to a brick wall that will shoot cannonballs at you for going against an opinion (they refuse to listen to your opinion, then will bash you for it). Not to mention that trolling has become a sport for most people and their goal is your misery. 

Only thing I can say is that I've seen some real nasty threads in GAF yet it remains popular because of all of controversy they start. Think it of as Kotaku, it's full of crap, but it only bugs you if you care about it. 

#35 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

What about Sony fanboys defending paid online?  Once Sony announced online play locked behind a paywall the whole forum practically fell over itself justifying it when hey had been against it for years before hand.  

Sonys free online was heavily defend back then because at that point in time the argument was "Why pay MS for what sony gives us for free? You also get for free the same thing on the PC plus a lot more" but now that they are both paid that argument disappears entirely. Now the argument isn't sony fanboys defending sony being paid online, its people defending the superior choice. Because now MS wants 60 bucks a year to play games online and users get 2 free games a month, meanwhile sony charges 50 bucks a year and gives you 18 games for signing up, 5 games a month, discount on PSN purchases, free online game save back, full game trials and more so now its a argument of "why should you pay more and get a whole lot less". Not to mention sony didn't put Netflix/amazon vod/ hulu, chatting with friends and friends lists, playing free to play games and such behind a paywall like MS did.

Not being able to realize that smells heavily of someone who just wants to hate sony because they are a contrarian. The fact this thread is based on you blaming sony for one random forum for seemingly to you be nothing more than a giant secret marketing campaign does nothing but help that observation. Despite the fact there are plenty of pro Microsoft comments and threads on there, and Nintendo ones. And despite the fact that you ignore that it wasn't but just a few years ago the entire internet was on fire (including neogaf) with blind and immature hatred of sony for no real reason at all.

Honestly this whole mess stinks of "I got banned so Im going to other forums and make complainy pants immature comments and Ill make insanely wild accusations about them based purely on nothing because I am innocent, and righteous and I have never done anything at all to ever offend or break a single rule!" when in reality you were probably a jerk and got banned for breaking rules. This thread reminds me of the time when every day I couldn't go on a game forum without reading some ranting thread about a guy who would say something about how he got banned at gamefaqs because he cured cancer.

If you hate neogaf so much then simply do not go there, it really is that easy. If they offend you so much maybe you should simply ignore them instead of forcing so much negativity into your life.

#36 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

In their defense, I think they realized that if they were going to make the Kinect work, it would need to be mandatory with every box. It's much easier to tell a dev to be creative with the Kinect knowing that the install base is 100% rather than w/e last gen was, and I'm guessing numbers weren't pretty. Good things could come from Kinect if devs embrace it, but quite honestly I don't think it was worth alienating any customer that simple doesn't want it period (see Nintendo).

I think it's more that they want everyone to have it and hope the media stuff catches in with using it to control the home theater, rather than hoping it gets more/better use in games. Especially given how much of that was the focus of the initial reveal.

I don't think the higher ups at MS, nor the shareholders, are happy with how much money the Xbox division has lost and are hoping to succeed in expanding it into an all in one set top box to broaden the market, generate more ad revenue etc.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#37 Algertman

Algertman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

Sonys free online was heavily defend back then because at that point in time the argument was "Why pay MS for what sony gives us for free? You also get for free the same thing on the PC plus a lot more" but now that they are both paid that argument disappears entirely. Now the argument isn't sony fanboys defending sony being paid online, its people defending the superior choice. Because now MS wants 60 bucks a year to play games online and users get 2 free games a month, meanwhile sony charges 50 bucks a year and gives you 18 games for signing up, 5 games a month, discount on PSN purchases, free online game save back, full game trials and more so now its a argument of "why should you pay more and get a whole lot less". Not to mention sony didn't put Netflix/amazon vod/ hulu, chatting with friends and friends lists, playing free to play games and such behind a paywall like MS did.

Not being able to realize that smells heavily of someone who just wants to hate sony because they are a contrarian. The fact this thread is based on you blaming sony for one random forum for seemingly to you be nothing more than a giant secret marketing campaign does nothing but help that observation. Despite the fact there are plenty of pro Microsoft comments and threads on there, and Nintendo ones. And despite the fact that you ignore that it wasn't but just a few years ago the entire internet was on fire (including neogaf) with blind and immature hatred of sony for no real reason at all.

Honestly this whole mess stinks of "I got banned so Im going to other forums and make complainy pants immature comments and Ill make insanely wild accusations about them based purely on nothing because I am innocent, and righteous and I have never done anything at all to ever offend or break a single rule!" when in reality you were probably a jerk and got banned for breaking rules. This thread reminds me of the time when every day I couldn't go on a game forum without reading some ranting thread about a guy who would say something about how he got banned at gamefaqs because he cured cancer.

If you hate neogaf so much then simply do not go there, it really is that easy. If they offend you so much maybe you should simply ignore them instead of forcing so much negativity into your life.

You must really eat that shit up over there.  NeoGAF has begun to infect a lot of message board with their garbage.  If Sony is the Republican party then NeoGAF is its Fox News.  

Also everybody knows CBOAT is a gawker writer, probably from Kotaku, who is wrong most of the time.  Just keep it pro sony and they will make sure members will push the articles for clicks  Using the MS insider bit thing is a joke and nobody is fooled by it. 

Like the other guy mention there sure is a lot of "we" and "us" stuff over there.  Just don't bring that up or instant banning.  

They've also restructures rules to be pro sony.  Use to be a no port begging rule but that was thrown out of the window when TGS rolled around a few years back 3DS got two Monster Hunter games and Vita got none.  

#38 Thermopyle

Thermopyle

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

I made an account at NeoGAF. After it was created, there's some kind of weird review period, apparently. My account sat in review for a few weeks, then it was deleted. No reason was ever provided and I was never able to post anything. I've no idea how anybody actually gets an account and is able to use it over there; the handling seems completely arbitrary.

Thermopyle2.png

#39 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

Also everybody knows CBOAT is a gawker writer, probably from Kotaku, who is wrong most of the time.  Just keep it pro sony and they will make sure members will push the articles for clicks  Using the MS insider bit thing is a joke and nobody is fooled by it.

I've never once read the assumption that he works for Gawker until now.  It's clear you don't follow him, as he has a track record of being right most of the time going all the way back to before the 360 launch.  If he was handing out false rumors, GAF would have banned him a long time ago.  What don't people get about that?  They don't take shit from anyone.  He's an MS insider, that's why the couple of things he's been wrong about have been Sony related, like them launching in October instead of November.

#40 Algertman

Algertman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

If he was handing out false rumors, GAF would have banned him a long time ago.  

He should have been banned after E3 then. 

#41 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

He should have been banned after E3 then. 

He got like one thing wrong, like Prince of Persia or something right?  It was supposedly pulled from the show.

#42 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

I don't even know where to start...

grandpa-simpson-gif.gif

#43 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

The problem with Neogaf is everything about it.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#44 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

I can't say that I care at all about what NeoGAF is since I don't visit that site. 

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#45 jello44

jello44

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

Man, your hardon against GAF is raging hard. Check to make sure you don't have Priapism.

I'm willing to bet you were banned from there for doing something stupid, then came here to complain about it.

72768.png

#46 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

Man, your hardon against GAF is raging hard. Check to make sure you don't have Priapism.

I'm willing to bet you were banned from there for doing something stupid, then came here to complain about it.

If GAF was really a Sony propaganda machine, the Vita hate and loathing that run rampant over there wouldn't exist.  And yet it does...:lol:

Where's the thread about the 3DS love fest over on GAF? ;)

#47 jello44

jello44

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

If GAF was really a Sony propaganda machine, the Vita hate and loathing that run rampant over there wouldn't exist.  And yet it does... :lol:

Oh totally. The Vita gets shit on mercessily for having "no games". Yet the 3DS with its meh selection gets praised like the second coming.

72768.png

#48 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

I'd guess this or he can't get an account and got mad. Judging by the hatred though probably banned.

#49 Liquid-Swords

Liquid-Swords

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

I get annoyed at the endless stream of GIFs over at NEOGAF. Then every post quoting them saying that was so fucking funny I fell out my chair...Really guy, was it?

#50 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

Sounds like you got bitchslapped by bish or your account was never considered. So much ms tears or nerd rage rawrr.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#51 Chizu

Chizu

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

If GAF was really a Sony propaganda machine, the Vita hate and loathing that run rampant over there wouldn't exist.  And yet it does... :lol:

and that's why we have a Vita community over on GAF! ;)

#52 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

I get annoyed at the endless stream of GIFs over at NEOGAF. Then every post quoting them saying that was so fucking funny I fell out my chair...Really guy, was it?

That's the internet for you. I don't get the ROFL replies. My annoyance, minor, but still is the locking onto a meme and burning it out well past it's sell by date. The current Banderas craze or Kaz gifs.

#53 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Reading up above someone says Sony provides 18 free games for Plus membership.  Is this a true statement?  I thought Sony promised 12 free games at a time.  Are you able to keep games that are no longer available if you keep paying for Plus?  Also when will they offer more free games for the PS4 then?

#54 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

Reading up above someone says Sony provides 18 free games for Plus membership.  Is this a true statement?  I thought Sony promised 12 free games at a time.  Are you able to keep games that are no longer available if you keep paying for Plus?  Also when will they offer more free games for the PS4 then?

Once you "buy" a free PS+ game, you can download and play it anytime you have a paid PS+ subscription.

If it lapses, you can't play them.  But you can play them once you renew (so you don't have to keep a constant subscription).

There's way more than 18 free games possible for people who have had it from day 1.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#55 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

It's actually 20 games now across all platforms to start off:

12 PS3

6 Vita

2 PS4

We'll know in a few days if they will add more PS4 games in Dec, if not Jan for sure because quite a few titles have been announced for PS4 PS+.

After 1 year or so, you'll literally have 60+ titles (12+6+2 from Instant Game Collection[IGC], and 5~8 new games per month switched in) to chose from as long as you "added to cart" or "purchased" for $0.00. You usually have a month+ to add them to your PSN account for free before they are switched out for new ones. Cancel PS+ and you lose access to them, renew in 5 months and you'll regain access to the 60+ games again, plus (current) new ones. Which means you would've missed a few games while subscription wasn't active.

EDIT: 20 PS+ games for IGC

#56 ugadawg239

ugadawg239

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

I think the playstation has earned its praise.