PS4 & XBOX 1 Bundles @ BestBuy - Available on Launch

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#61 TheodorusMajorus

TheodorusMajorus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:32 AM

So if I go at 9:30 to pay and get my pick up ticket, do I HAVE to use the ticket at the midnight launch? Why not just get the ticket and come back whenever it's convenient on Friday?

They would have to honor the ticket if you paid for it... I mean, what if I buy a ticket and then my wife goes into labor?? (I'm not even married, just making up an example...)

#62 Guillermo_IGN

Guillermo_IGN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

"We will open up our doors at 9:30PM" Can someone explain this. It just seem right that their store be closed  all day until 9:30 PM.

My first console launch but is that how most retail handle it?

#63 TheodorusMajorus

TheodorusMajorus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

"We will open up our doors at 9:30PM" Can someone explain this. It just seem right that their store be closed  all day until 9:30 PM.

My first console launch but is that how most retail handle it?

Looks like typical store hours on a Thursday are 10am-9pm. I imagine they'll kick everyone out and close down, get things set up, and open back up at 9:30.

#64 collven

collven

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

Just let the employee know when you get up to pay not to mark it as picked up and then just sell it to you. That way you dont have to wait the 24hrs to return rebuy. I've done this several times with no problems on other items.

I'm going to go in and talk to a manager before the circus of the launch and see if they will let me do that.  Much easier than return/rebuy.  Just curious, is the revenue for the store the same on a BB.com purchase picked up in the store versus something just purchased in the store?

#65 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

Best Buy having an influx of stock has me willing to check them out on Friday, with a ton of stuff ready to trade in.

#66 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:05 AM

Just let the employee know when you get up to pay not to mark it as picked up and then just sell it to you. That way you dont have to wait the 24hrs to return rebuy. I've done this several times with no problems on other items.

The 24 hour wait on returns from dot com was eliminated with an OMS update about a month back. You can now return or exchange pretty much immediately.
631261.png

#67 fantastli

fantastli

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:42 AM

Man, where are you located?

I am in Dallas. Amazon just cancelled my day-one order without any notification. I was told the system cancel it automatically, and they cannot help me to place an order, because all PS4s in their warehouse are oos. 

Probably I would like to get one from BB or Frys. I wonder if I need to wait in line that early??

Well as far as the whole Sony thing I am pretty sure they stated that they would try to distribute as many ps4s as possible. My manager showed the 10 stores around ours and each have reservations between 75-100 and are receiving a total of 200+ within the first week of release.

#68 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

Well the reps at the Bestbuy I frequent whom I've been dealing with for awhile now have told me that they have 250 preorders between the store and in-store pickup and was told that they have about 130 extra units to sell for those who didn't pre-order so it seems they maybe be the best place to go if you didn't preorder.

#69 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

That store is fairly small ... Fox point or Mayfair might be your best bet.

That store is less than 10 minutes from my work though and I work till 10PM :(

#70 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:40 AM

So if I go at 9:30 to pay and get my pick up ticket, do I HAVE to use the ticket at the midnight launch? Why not just get the ticket and come back whenever it's convenient on Friday?

They would have to honor the ticket if you paid for it... I mean, what if I buy a ticket and then my wife goes into labor?? (I'm not even married, just making up an example...)

Dudes here sound like the GameStop thread. If there's a unforeseen event, they will more likely hold one for you. Last thing they want is handling out gcs for overselling a ps4.

The ticket is probably a receipt just like GameStop where they stamp and/or sign to confirm that you got it like the store pick up slip. It might be like Black Friday where stores give out tickets and wristbands.

They just to want to speed things up, get everybody out of there and go home.

#71 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

Well the reps at the Bestbuy I frequent whom I've been dealing with for awhile now have told me that they have 250 preorders between the store and in-store pickup and was told that they have about 130 extra units to sell for those who didn't pre-order so it seems they maybe be the best place to go if you didn't preorder.

I don't get why people think this will be hard to get. Sony said there will be plenty. Plus the console has TWO LAUNCH GAMES and less features than promised up front.

I hate the xbone and will get a PS4, but unless you're a diehard Killzone fan it's quite silly.

#72 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

Just out of curiosity, those who have pre-ordered, what time will you guys show up?

#73 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

Just out of curiosity, those who have pre-ordered, what time will you guys show up?

11:59pm

I don't get why people think this will be hard to get. Sony said there will be plenty. Plus the console has TWO LAUNCH GAMES and less features than promised up front.

I hate the xbone and will get a PS4, but unless you're a diehard Killzone fan it's quite silly.

two launch games? there are like 14

#74 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

I think he meant exclusive titles.

#75 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

All this talk makes me want to get one on top of my Xbox One...but then I should think of my backlog...and what happened with the wii u after I bought that...lol. I have terrible self control.

#76 bellenoire2005

bellenoire2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

That store is less than 10 minutes from my work though and I work till 10PM :(

I hope it works out for you :)

#77 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

I can't imagine that these 2 systems will be easy to find on the stores shelves this holiday.  Every console I can recall in recent memory was difficult to find except for the Xbox and Gamecube in 2001.  The only reason I believe they were easy to find is that everyone purchased a PS2 already at that point. 

#78 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

i got 2 Q? 

what's so bad about geek squad coverage

can we use the 30 for 2 years coupon

#79 Nigerian Prince

Nigerian Prince

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

what's so bad about geek squad coverage

There's nothing bad about it except for the price. People just like to complain.

fs_overall.png

#80 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

11-23 10:30am

#81 HeightsBound

HeightsBound

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

First time I have attended a midnight opening at BB, so forgive me for the ignorance, I just need to see if the experienced midnight opening shoppers can help clarify this for me.

I have a PS4 preordered and paid, with the exception of the tax portion. I have picked up and have in my possession everything else I preordered (extra controller, 3 games, charging station), so literally all I need to do is pick up my console. My concern is, when do I have to show up? Do I have to show up early? Or can I show up at 1130PM, jump in my appropriate line, and I will still get my system by at least 1230 I guess?

#82 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

There's nothing bad about it except for the price. People just like to complain.

exactly, best buy warranties are awesome, they replace everything for me on the spot. they literally tell me to walk over to the and pull a brand new one off the shelf and just replace it.

#83 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

what do they do if they dont carry the item anymore

#84 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

what do they do if they dont carry the item anymore

they let you pick a similar item instead.

#85 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

I can't imagine that these 2 systems will be easy to find on the stores shelves this holiday.  Every console I can recall in recent memory was difficult to find except for the Xbox and Gamecube in 2001.  The only reason I believe they were easy to find is that everyone purchased a PS2 already at that point. 

yeah, i agree, the wii-u was really hard to find.

#86 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

Their unlocked epic gaming package bundle is such a joke. Making you purchase 2 full retail games (while B2G1 is going on) plus an extra controller (some of us don't need one right away) plus 2 years of Live/PSN (at a price hike mind you) and some useless (and expensive) coverage thing you don't need. No thanks..

#87 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

Wow, another reason why bestbuy will be out of business soon with those forced bundles

#88 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hope BB does a B2G1 at some point. Have a bunch of BB credit that I want to use. I already picked up some PS4 games (Knack and 2K14), so was hoping to pair Killzone with two Xbox One titles somewhere (Like Dead Rising/Ryse, DR/Forza, Zoo Tycoon/Forza, or some other combo).

#89 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

Their unlocked epic gaming package bundle is such a joke. Making you purchase 2 full retail games (while B2G1 is going on) plus an extra controller (some of us don't need one right away) plus 2 years of Live/PSN (at a price hike mind you) and some useless (and expensive) coverage thing you don't need. No thanks..

i can guarantee you people are going to pay it. If thats moves you up the line to get one at midnight without a preorder than people will pay it. They know what they are doing. People are paying $600 on ebay for just the console. Its pretty much price gouging, but they been doing this for a while during the holidays. They have those nicely packaged consoles on the tables with all the same stuff and uninformed parents jump all over like how they setup laptops packages during the summer. 

#90 beetlegum

beetlegum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

Every time I get the next gen itch I go look at my spreadsheet of games I own but have not played.  Counting PS+ I am hovering around 200.  That snaps me back to reality. No money and time to get one of these. 

Same here, given the really weak launch lineup as well, there is just absolutely no reason for me to need one of these consoles anytime soon.  I won't get tempted until next March when Thief and Titanfall come out.

Plus if they release Walking Dead season 2 this year, that will keep me quite busy as well.