PS4 & XBOX 1 Bundles @ BestBuy - Available on Launch

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#151 jdelrio22

jdelrio22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

I am curious about the warranty. I did like being able to swap in the store but itbsounds like thats not an option anymore.

#152 Hoos First

Hoos First

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

Just saw a guy camping out at BB for the PS4 release.

#153 premierplayer

premierplayer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

AH I remember waiting in line for the PS3 @ bb. I think they had 10 total.

#154 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

I suggest waiting for the PS6. By then, he'll be able to find a ps4 for super cheap.

Not a bad idea. The PS1 is dirt cheap now (did you know it also plays CDs? Even the new PS4 can't do that!). But I'm going to hold off altogether and just get the upcoming Dreamcast 2. 

http://cdn.ripten.co...-project-11.jpg

#155 loudlyrandomplay

loudlyrandomplay

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

Wake me up when these consoles reach the awesomeness of the Jaguar 64.

#156 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

But they can offer an incentive to those that want the bundle by allowing them to go in their own separate line. They are not technically cutting but they are in their own line that gives an incentive by getting a console.

This is absolutely false. No priority can be given for agreeing to purchase this bundle or anything else. Priority will be given to the order people line up for those that haven't preordered.

Anyone who has preordered will have a separate line and they will be able to start paying for all of the things they want to buy starting around 10pm. You'll be able to start picking your purchases up at 12:01am. Should go pretty slick.

Full details on the midnight openings can be found here: http://forums.bestbu...FAQ/td-p/721719

#157 farva2

farva2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

saw 2 dudes tented out at my best buy

#158 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

130? That seems unreal, did you ask a manager for that info?

No I'm cool with a few of the reps in the store and they wouldn't lie to me because they know I flip and everything and don't care. This store is a high volume store and they 1 of the top stores in the district when it comes to trade ins (probably I help contribute a good amount to that) so take my info for what it's worth.

#159 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

I would not get the ultimate bundle.....maybe the COD bundle if they let me cut for that since I'll need an extra controller anyway and know people who will be playing Ghosts.  I'll suck up the PSN for that.  At least I am getting something beyond what is on CL and EBay.

#160 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:19 AM

get to jump the line

you get to jump people in line .. WOOOO    sex party at best buy

WOOOO I STINK

#161 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

This is geared for the rich/parents. No thank you. I'll wait anyways until next year for BF deals/any bugs to be fixed for the PS4. My game log is massive anyways for the PS3.

If they dropped the Geek Squad & the GCU, then it would appeal to more people I bet.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#162 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

This is absolutely false. No priority can be given for agreeing to purchase this bundle or anything else. Priority will be given to the order people line up for those that haven't preordered.

Anyone who has preordered will have a separate line and they will be able to start paying for all of the things they want to buy starting around 10pm. You'll be able to start picking your purchases up at 12:01am. Should go pretty slick.

Full details on the midnight openings can be found here: http://forums.bestbu...FAQ/td-p/721719

They may not be giving priority.  What I imagine is happening at those stores is we have 100 PS4s 40 are preorders and we have 20 bundles.  So 40 other systems will be sold without a bundle but once those are gone the bundles are what you must purchase.   I know at BF they did this with a number of laptops at my local BB.  If you would not pay the extra for the stupid BB Geek squad package you could not get the deal price.

This is just my opinion based on how they made crap bundles in the past. 

#163 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

I am curious about the warranty. I did like being able to swap in the store but itbsounds like thats not an option anymore.

Yeah the warranty sounds worthless.  Getting a refurb is not a good deal.

#164 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

They may not be giving priority.  What I imagine is happening at those stores is we have 100 PS4s 40 are preorders and we have 20 bundles.  So 40 other systems will be sold without a bundle but once those are gone the bundles are what you must purchase.   I know at BF they did this with a number of laptops at my local BB.  If you would not pay the extra for the stupid BB Geek squad package you could not get the deal price.

This is just my opinion based on how they made crap bundles in the past. 

This is not what was communicated. No forced bundling allowed at all on the gaming systems. If a customer wants to just purchase the system alone, they can and should be able to. If you see or hear of this happening at any stores, please post the location back here if you could.

The discounts for the package apply against the games and the Unlocked membership which then gives you the 20% discount on new software purchases and some additional benefits for the next two years. So if you don't want those things, just purchase what you want which will all be at the price listed in the ad (full MSRP which is what you'll see everywhere).

#165 ThisHndsmeDevil

ThisHndsmeDevil

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Eastlake Best Buy only has 30 extra

#166 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

saw 2 dudes tented out at my best buy

And I thought I was excited about the new consoles...

This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#167 Joeker

Joeker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

What about the X1?

#168 SaMiDaDrAgOn

SaMiDaDrAgOn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

Are people lining up? I don't follow videogame stuff like I used to, is this going to be a big deal? Are there stable supplies?

#169 TheodorusMajorus

TheodorusMajorus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

I called my nearest store at 6.45ish to see if they were doing that 9.30 thing.  Said there were already people lining up.  Think I'm just gonna wait a few weeks now, see what happens with these failing units and all.

#170 JWCamp

JWCamp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

Does anyone have an idea of how stores are handling the xbox launch and black friday together? like to the guy who said he was going to kmart, are they releasing the xbox at a certain time with a separate line? 

I'm not sure what you are asking since the XBox One is not released on Black Friday, it comes out the week prior.

#171 JWCamp

JWCamp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:02 PM

I guess for those who did not preordered the ps4/xbone, bestbuy might their best chance in getting one.

Oh wow. You called it "xbone." You are so cool and original!

#172 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

Had people showing up from 9:30 until I went inside at 10:45 thinking they were getting in line to get one.  Store had about 35 in stock.  People were trying to offer us $100 for our spots.  Other than that it was pretty orderly.  No way any of us were giving up our spots to the people showing up at 9:30...well, we did say for $400.

They could not force any package on you where we were at.  They were trying to say that they had the absolute best warranty coverage since it included 5 items - as long as you purchased them there.  However the Squaretrade option is cheaper and lasts longer if you want one.

#173 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

i got a friend who is going to try and wait for an xbox on thursday. anyone know when a good time to start lining up would be? I suggested noon... maybe earlier?

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji