Photo
* * * * * 12 votes

Humble Megathread - PC&Android 11 - Leading Ladies Weekly - Mobile 7 - 11bit Flash - Oni Comics - Team17 sale

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

• Please log in to reply
11778 replies to this topic

#11761 Ltrain23

Ltrain23

Luigi Death Stare

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 05:12 PM

Your avatar would've worked here too, Fatality.

photo-29209.png?_r=1407629063

I was much more intrigued by Alyssa Milano putting things in her mouth.

SWITCH TO DISH & GET A FREE HOPPER UPGRADE.

If you use one of my referral codes, you get $50 off your first bill, too!

TMR221917838     AHP233565792     ADN253704054

#11762 Bruticis

Bruticis

Harbinger of Decline

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 05:24 PM

Who said I was talking about on CAG?

Ah, you must be my dumb Fuck neighbor that's always leering at the school kids.

#11763 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 05:27 PM

Lalalalalalalalalalala

76561198025176705.png

#11764 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 05:29 PM

Lol, you guys, it's not like we all live together and our opinions affect one another. Bruticis is always a bigot, just put him on your ignore list if you don't want to read it.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#11765 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 05:30 PM

giphy.gif

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#11766 Bruticis

Bruticis

Harbinger of Decline

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 05:40 PM

Lol, you guys, it's not like we all live together and our opinions affect one another. Bruticis is always a bigot, just put him on your ignore list if you don't want to read it.

And risk missing out on my random crap dumps in the steam thread? Doesn't seem likely, piggies got eat.

#11767 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 05:55 PM

I was much more intrigued by Alyssa Milano putting things in her mouth.

I'm not going to admit I stared at that gif for a good 10 seconds.

elessar123.png

#11768 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 06:02 PM

New Humble Books Bundle - Oni Press:

• Buzz!, Vol. 1
  • The Sixth Gun, Vol. 1
  • Letter 44, Vol. 1
  • Bad Machinery, Vol. 1
  • Sketch Monsters, Vol. 1
  • I Was The Cat #1
  • The Auteur #1

Beat the Average for:

• Courtney Crumin, Vol. 1
  • Capote in Kansas
  • Diesel Sweeties, Vol. 1
  • Helheim, Vol. 1
  • Megagogo, Vol. 1
  • The Bunker, Vol. 1
  • Down Set Fight

Pay $15 or more for:

• Scott Pilgrim, Vol. 1
  • Scott Pilgrim, Vol. 2
  • Stumptown, Vol. 1
  • Lost At Sea

New Humble Mobile Bundle 8 BTA Unlocks:

• Mikey Hooks
  • EPOCH
  • Zombie Gunship

New Humble Store sales:

Posted Image

#11769 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 06:12 PM

Not that I care, but there's a distinction to be made here:

The process of buying a game through Humble is not without restrictions, as Bruticis points out. It's all still held behind a gate. 

The files themselves contain no DRM. Once you download them, you can burn a thousand copies of it if you like. They are using a gated process to allow you access to a DRM-free game. It's all in how it is worded.

You wouldn't say that a store selling DRM-free games is a form of DRM. It's a process of payment and distribution. 

76561197971332172.png

#11770 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 06:13 PM

• Buzz!, Vol. 1
  • The Sixth Gun, Vol. 1

In case anyone's interested, The Sixth Gun was in a Groupees and I read it. It was pretty good.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#11771 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 06:22 PM

• Buzz!, Vol. 1
  • The Sixth Gun, Vol. 1
  • Letter 44, Vol. 1
  • Bad Machinery, Vol. 1
  • Sketch Monsters, Vol. 1
  • I Was The Cat #1
  • The Auteur #1

That is a decent mix of introductions for a penny. The only way you could get it cheaper is by pirating it. Y'know, DRM-free copies. ;)

Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#11772 Bruticis

Bruticis

Harbinger of Decline

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 06:22 PM

The process of buying a game through Humble is not without restrictions, as Bruticis points out. It's all still held behind a gate. 

The files themselves contain no DRM. Once you download them, you can burn a thousand copies of it if you like. They are using a gated process to allow you access to a DRM-free game. It's all in how it is worded.

You wouldn't say that a store selling DRM-free games is a form of DRM. It's a process of payment and distribution. 

So after you pay, you can access your files at anytime without ANY restriction such as a login, right?

#11773 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 06:23 PM

In case anyone's interested, The Sixth Gun was in a Groupees and I read it. It was pretty good.

A comic book repeat.  Is that a first?

#11774 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 06:24 PM

So after you pay, you can access your files at anytime without ANY restriction such as a login, right?

Well, yes, that's what FP was trying to explain earlier. You can log in, download your files, archive them to a disc, and you never have to log in again for any reason, unless you want to buy more things from that site.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#11775 perdana

perdana

Posted Today, 06:26 PM

Thank you for updating the humble bundle, I am very interested.
o.png

#11776 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 06:26 PM

Well, yes, that's what FP was trying to explain earlier. You can log in, download your files, archive them to a disc, and you never have to log in again for any reason, unless you want to buy more things from that site.

Yeah, man. Download it. Put it on a stack of floppies and stack them in the corner for all eternity. 

76561197971332172.png

#11777 Bruticis

Bruticis

Harbinger of Decline

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 06:32 PM

Yeah, man. Download it. Put it on a stack of floppies and stack them in the corner for all eternity. 

What if my floppies are in a house fire and forgot my login info and my email was hacked by a ruthless gang of Chinese hackers?

• hal likes this

#11778 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 06:35 PM

Technically you cared enough to post a reply but if that's the case you are trying to make in terms of defining DRM, how would you buy digital items online without a "gate" such as an account & password from a practical standpoint? How would a store like Humble or GoG know who has purchased what without such "gate." Again, anyone is welcome to download the DRM-free game once and burn it onto a DVD and never sign-in again to the account. Even forums like CAG requires one to create an user account to post here. 

You are correct in that I wouldn't say that a store selling DRM-free games is a form of DRM. I also would argue that Humble or GoG is also a store selling DRM-free games. Payment is just processed online and the product is distributed online because you are buying a digital item. 

The problem with PC games is that brick-and-motor stores have a have essentially given up the PC gamer market to digital storefronts like Steam. So even if you want to go back to the "Good-old-days" of "CD and floppy" with no serial keys, no publisher or developer is going back to that. Especially when there is absolutely no repercussion for pirating software.

Anyway, its a semantic issue and I was focusing just on the games themselves hosted on Humble/GOG being DRM-free. Maybe someone else can think of a practical way of organizing one's digital account with purchased software without the use of account login system.

#11779 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 06:40 PM

What if my floppies are in a house fire and forgot my login info and my email was hacked by a ruthless gang of Chinese hackers?

Then you'd be fucked. That's the beauty of DRM-free!

how would you buy digital items online without a "gate" such as an account & password from a practical standpoint? 

Envelopes, cash, and a CD. 

76561197971332172.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free