The Steam Deals Thread v10

steam steam deals cards steam cards gaben pc steambox

25605 replies to this topic

#21061 MnemnocH

MnemnocH

Cupcakes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:09 AM

I picked it up for 5.60 using steam bucks to buy 2 tf2 keys and a tour of duty ticket

Lots of people seem to be trading for that offer

Care to point out where can I get this deal? I have $6 steam wallet atm and I'm willing to get the game by that price.

Origin ID: Mnemnoch_Caine              Uplay: mnemnoch1

uc.png   76561198062648772.png

#21062 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

I wonder if EarthboundX5 would be interested in hold some of them for a BGCQ event?

I would have done this but by the time I came back a few people posted their interest and I would have felt bad.  I really should try harder to participate in Earthbound's events.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#21063 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

Care to point out where can I get this deal? I have $6 steam wallet atm and I'm willing to get the game by that price.

http://www.reddit.co...timate_edition/

#21064 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

really detriue man this  is worst than being lazy really captials and really lots words  togetheer it lazy worst than lazy do u get too much gril slapping you ?

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#21065 CarnivalMadness

CarnivalMadness

silent but deadly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:52 AM

really detriue man this  is worst than being lazy really captials and really lots words  togetheer it lazy worst than lazy do u get too much gril slapping you ?

Well, I tried to put this in Google Translate to help me understand, but Google Translate couldn't recognize the language.

#21066 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:54 AM

Well, I tried to put this in Google Translate to help me understand, but Google Translate couldn't recognize the language.

that too bad ur not the cag elite so u cant translate u can tell mysterd to do translating tho but u must bow to  spoderman and sayaing he is my master hehe 

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#21067 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:52 AM

The greatest linguists in the world are still working on cracking the Tebonics code.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#21068 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:57 AM

They dream big there:

I would like to trade a steam gift of Takedown: Red Sabre for a steam gift or key for ARMA X: Anniversary edition.

If someone has a extra from the winter sale that would be GREAT!

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#21069 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

Did the foil drop rate increase? Because I've gotten 2 foils in the past 10 or so games I've idled.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#21070 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:24 AM

Did the foil drop rate increase? Because I've gotten 2 foils in the past 10 or so games I've idled.

Nope. It's just luck.

#21071 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

Nope. It's just luck.

Yep,

I just idled like 30 games in the last few days and no foils.  Back in the summer I idled like 10 games and got 3.  

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#21072 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

So my 4 in Feb is complete. I did a cupcake puzzle, a colored pencil puzzle, a crayon puzzle, and a fish puzzle. Time to start another fish puzzle.

#21073 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

So my 4 in Feb is complete. I did a cupcake puzzle, a colored pencil puzzle, a crayon puzzle, and a fish puzzle. Time to start another fish puzzle.

So, what adventure game w/ obscures puzzles from the 90's have you been playing of late...? ;)

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#21074 Motiv

Motiv

Deuterium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:02 AM

So I actually played and finished three games this past week. Four in February all of the sudden seems like a palpable idea. I quickly dumped some of my thoughts below if anyone's curious about these games. All spoiler free of course. If not, carry onward with the great game deal discussions...

1) Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons - 2/5

Spoiler

2) Gone Home - 2/7

Spoiler

3) Element4l - 2/9

Spoiler

I think I'll shift gears and take on Arkham Origins next.

76561197989105710.png

#21075 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:07 AM

So I played more TESO beta this weekend that I was expecting... underneath the skill/crafting/combat systems it feels kinda of like classic WoW.  It sure is pretty for an MMO.  I'm an ES noob.  But like my prior poke at Skyrim, I really don't like the combat system... it's limited and dull.  They also aren't very good with the carrot (a Blizz specialty).  I got up to level 6 on my Sorcerer, but the new skills with each level didn't feel meaningful enough.  I will say their questing structure is nice, main quests and side quests each being a quest string lasting for a good half dozen quests or so.  For old WoW-addict kitty it would seems to hit the mark rather well...

However, I've broken free of MMO subs, and well, I've got those little games called Skywind, Morrowwind, and Oblivion in ye-old-massive backlog.  (In addition to the likes of Fallout 3 & NV, KOTOR 1&2), and I should get back to TSW and I haven't even touched that StarWars MMO.  No, I'm not paying $60-80 then $15/month.  (Really it's the sub that I object to.)  It's a good move for them to release it during WoW's late-expansion blues.

Lorewise, TESO wasn't pulling me in that well... eventually I got a bit invested in the various main quest lines... save my city/kingdom, but I was expecting betting.  I really prefer TSW's storytelling and combat (and reasonably priced B2P model).

I admit, I wasn't expecting to sink 10 hours into it this weekend (still short of the 12 or so it took to download...)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#21076 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:14 AM

They dream big there:

I would like to trade a steam gift of Takedown: Red Sabre for a steam gift or key for ARMA X: Anniversary edition.

If someone has a extra from the winter sale that would be GREAT!

Its kinda like Idiotekque's steam key for sale list in the trade forum over there...

AM I RIGHT?

#21077 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:19 AM

I haven't played a game in a week.  I'm almost finished DA:O, too.  I hate being back at work.

(Though, not coughing up brown mucus is a plus.)

"I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees."

#21078 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:24 AM

Its kinda like Idiotekque's steam key for sale list in the trade forum over there...

AM I RIGHT?

one day he will get that PM about cherry tree high comedy club, then who's gonna be laughing? 

Hand__Of__God.png

#21079 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:25 AM

AM I RIGHT?

Yeah, but at least Idiot is pricing his keys cheaper than retail.  What was the cheapest Arma X glitched at? $5?  So instead of buying their own 8 pack for $4ish someone is going to essentially buy 1 copy for $3 above retail.  

#21080 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:26 AM

So I played more TESO beta this weekend that I was expecting... underneath the skill/crafting/combat systems it feels kinda of like classic WoW.  It sure is pretty for an MMO.  I'm an ES noob.  But like my prior poke at Skyrim, I really don't like the combat system... it's limited and dull.  They also aren't very good with the carrot (a Blizz specialty).  I got up to level 6 on my Sorcerer, but the new skills with each level didn't feel meaningful enough.  I will say their questing structure is nice, main quests and side quests each being a quest string lasting for a good half dozen quests or so.  For old WoW-addict kitty it would seems to hit the mark rather well...

However, I've broken free of MMO subs, and well, I've got those little games called Skywind, Morrowwind, and Oblivion in ye-old-massive backlog.  (In addition to the likes of Fallout 3 & NV, KOTOR 1&2), and I should get back to TSW and I haven't even touched that StarWars MMO.  No, I'm not paying $60-80 then $15/month.  (Really it's the sub that I object to.)  It's a good move for them to release it during WoW's late-expansion blues.

Lorewise, TESO wasn't pulling me in that well... eventually I got a bit invested in the various main quest lines... save my city/kingdom, but I was expecting betting.  I really prefer TSW's storytelling and combat (and reasonably priced B2P model).

I admit, I wasn't expecting to sink 10 hours into it this weekend (still short of the 12 or so it took to download...)

Never played an elder scrolls game?  :shock:

Outside of racing games, I don't know much about your game tastes...but if you like western rpgs at all I'd highly recommend playing an Elder scrolls game

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#21081 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:40 AM

Always thought Elder Scrolls lore was pretty terrible.

#21082 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:37 AM

AM I RIGHT?

Eh? I haven't even posted a trade list in ages. Either way though, I'd rather sell for a bit more and wait than just fire sale everything for a buck or less. Patience = more money = more bundles.

one day he will get that PM about cherry tree high comedy club, then who's gonna be laughing? 

I started with like 4 or 5 of them, and I only have one left, so...

bZ2g3eF.png

#21083 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:46 AM

You were playing the wrong game if that's what you were expecting:

589505_24243_front.jpg

Even this would have been a better... bet:

Fallout_New_Vegas.jpg

#21084 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:55 AM

Never played an elder scrolls game?  :shock:

Outside of racing games, I don't know much about your game tastes...but if you like western rpgs at all I'd highly recommend playing an Elder scrolls game

Oh, yes - I certainly would highly recommend Elder Scrolls series for SP-based games. Morrowind: GOTY; Oblivion: GOTY Deluxe; and Skyrim are all great, all in their own ways.

Wow @ FO3 + NV + KOTOR 1&2 in the backlog.

FO3 + NV are both great - namely for different reasons. I think FO3 really reinvented the framework for the FO series and the actual game + the game-world itself was fantastic; while FO:NV took everything that was great about FO3 + basically added Obsidian's trademark of fantastic writing, dialogue, and characters to the mix.

KOTOR 1 is fantastic - BioWare did a hell of a job w/ that; and laying the ground-work for a SW game as an actual RPG w/ the trademark fantastic BioWare writing, dialogue, and characters.

KOTOR 2 was great and has Obsidian's trademark stuff all over it, for the most part...well, until the last 1/3rd of the game - which screams of rush-job, since LucasArts more or less kicked it out the door too soon.

I ain't played it in years - so, I didn't really follow & check on how the Restoration Project Mod turned-out.

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#21085 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:58 AM

You were playing the wrong game if that's what you were expecting:

589505_24243_front.jpg

Even this would have been a better... bet:

Fallout_New_Vegas.jpg

When it comes to characters, writing, dialogue, and narrative - Obsidian's one of the best....

...as long as their Q&A Dept is in full-swing and actually does its job + as long as publishers don't kick the game out the door too damn early!

I still <3 this cartoon...so true...

27254.jpg

#21086 pasports31

pasports31

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:58 AM

KOTOR 2 was great and has Obsidian's trademark stuff all over it, for the most part...well, until the last 1/3rd of the game - which screams of rush-job, since LucasArts more or less kicked it out the door too soon.

I ain't played it in years - so, I didn't really follow & check on how the Restoration Project Mod turned-out.

I have the sith lords restored content mod. Haven't played KOTOR 2 yet, but the mod is apparently a must have. Supposed to fix a lot of the problems w/the base game in terms of rushed conent and all

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#21087 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:05 AM

Where would you recommend I start on the Elder Scrolls games?

I have all of them.  (I think it's a tossup between Morrowing and Skyram)

Oh, yes - I certainly would highly recommend Elder Scrolls series for SP-based games. Morrowind: GOTY; Oblivion: GOTY Deluxe; and Skyrim are all great, all in their own ways.

Wow @ FO3 + NV + KOTOR 1&2 in the backlog.

I also forgot that I have Mass Effect 1+2+3 as well and Dragon Age: OU in ye-old-backlog....

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#21088 pasports31

pasports31

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:05 AM

Where would you recommend I start on the Elder Scrolls games?

I have all of them.  (I think it's a tossup between Morrowing and Skyram)

I also forgot that I have Mass Effect 1+2+3 as well and Dragon Age: OU in ye-old-backlog....

I'd say start with Morrowind, because if you start with Skyrim it might be hard to go back to an earlier game. Morrowind is a bit dated at this point, though, so if you're playing it and just can't get into it, skip to Skyrim.

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#21089 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:10 AM

I also forgot that I have Mass Effect 1+2+3...

Heresy!!!

And between the two, I'd start with Skyram.  If you've waited this long, you can wait until Skywind is done.

"I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees."

#21090 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:15 AM

I found DrabeLincoln!

024nd54079.jpg

foxhack.jpg