The Steam Deals Thread v10

steam steam deals cards steam cards gaben pc steambox

25605 replies to this topic

#21421 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the old school RE games suck?  I mean the controls were horrible, the games were crazy hard, you ran out of ammo all the time, the graphics are obviously dated.  I'm very happy the game has advanced to its current form.  

Didn't they have that whole 'walking on a painting' thing going on like FF7 and some adventure games do? Yeah no. I prefer actual environments you can move around in.

steam_sig.png

#21422 MinDRioT

MinDRioT

I haff nein lifes

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

Speaking of the inevitable shutdown of GFWL, GameFly is having a fire sale on some Sega GFWL titles:

• StormRise - $19.99 $1.99
  • The Club - $14.99 $1.49
  • Universe at War - $19.99 $1.99

Not Steam, but 20% off with FEB20OFF.  The Club and UaW have a note on the purchasing page:

"Please note that from July 1st 2014 the multiplayer functionality and any 'online' saved games associated to Microsoft Live accounts...will no longer be accessible. From July 1st 2014 users will still be able to create an 'offline' user account and associate new saves to this account. "

They'd make a good start to A Humble Sega Bundle.

#21423 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

Grimind Steam keys are available now if you bought Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle 2, Kiss 2 or Kiss 2 Reloaded. Game releases on thursday.

NPPD Rush also releases on thursday, so expect Steam keys for that too soon.

Oh.. and Guilty Gear Isuka has cards.

#21424 cyrus386

cyrus386

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

The guy I bought DMC from is selling a few more copies. It comes with the Weapon and Costume DLC. Not quite as cheap as I bought it for, it's $5.99 now, but still a pretty good deal.

Thanks for this! Finally snagged a copy.

#21425 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

Oh.. and Guilty Gear Isuka has cards.

Crap. I know this makes me a bad person, but pretty sure that'll be enough to get me in on it. (Damn you Spoder! *shakes fist*)

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#21426 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

You know you're addicted to Steam Cards when you get annoyed that a game doesn't show up in the regular SAM list because it doesn't have achievements so then you have to go and look up the Steam app # and manually enter it into SAM so you can idle for cards without installing the game.

steam_sig.png

#21427 Latex Robot

Latex Robot

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

SkyUI is the only 100% needed mod out there, until there is a better UI mod available. Sure it needs SKSE, but that takes a minute to install (there is an installer) and you can even use the workshop to install SkyUI instead of the terrible nexus site. You'll never go back.

unfortunately the workshop doesn't have near as many mods as Nexus does... and NMM is a far better interface than what Workshop gives you: nothing. it's a pain to deal with both Workshop and Nexus, so it saves a world of irritation as mods pile up to just use Nexus.

#21428 shrinerr

shrinerr

Now whatcha gon' do wit it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

The guy I bought DMC from is selling a few more copies. It comes with the Weapon and Costume DLC. Not quite as cheap as I bought it for, it's $5.99 now, but still a pretty good deal.

Thanks, got the very last code. so, capcom humble bundle???

Better have my money when I come to collect...

#21429 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

Thanks, got the very last code. so, capcom humble bundle???

Maybe a Capcom all DLC Humble Bundle

BTW.. Guilty Gear Isuka cards are selling like hotcakes. Anime style cards tend to do that.

#21430 lostnumber

lostnumber

I have my reasons.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

Just what I need, more reasons to play a fighting game.

#21431 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:24 PM

Maybe a Capcom all DLC Humble Bundle

BTW.. Guilty Gear Isuka cards are selling like hotcakes. Anime style cards tend to do that.

Yeah I was going to say something about Weeaboo cards selling better but I didn't want to hit one of lostnumberwars triggers. ;)

steam_sig.png

#21432 lostnumber

lostnumber

I have my reasons.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

Yeah I was going to say something about Weeaboo cards selling better but I didn't want to hit one of lostnumberwars triggers. ;)

I'm over it. Taking all your precious Steam Key drops helped to close the wound. At least you didn't bring up lettuce. *shudders*

#21433 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

This confirms my long running suspicion that you are the Steam shill.  Smart of Gabe to disguise him as a harmless, toothless cockney.

You constantly "buy" games right when they come out and then you conveniently have a recommendation for Risk of Rain mere hours before it becomes the midweek deal.  Coincidence?  I think not.  Or so you can better understand it:

Lor' luv a duck! I fnk not. Know what I mean?

http://www.cockneyrh...ng.co.uk/rabbit

It's a fair cop guvnah, apples n pears innit?

Erm, dog 'n bone, ball 'n chain, cost me a monkey, large? Yeah?

*munches on jellied eels*

#21434 lostnumber

lostnumber

I have my reasons.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more. A nods as good as a wink to a blind bat. But orrrrr aye ORRRR!

#21435 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

I was just reading Reddit (yeah I'm a two-timer like that) and laughed at this.

re: Game Tycoon 1.5

http://se.reddit.com...9_20off/cfcv9pn

[-] weedbearsandpie 1 hour ago
I just watched the video and the game is set in 1982 and has 'website' as an advertising option.

• hal likes this

steam_sig.png

#21436 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

Alright, fess up.  Which one of you convinced the Sanctum guys to make Goat Simulator a real thing?

Preorder is up at $9.99.

Posted Image

#21437 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

It's been brought to my attention that lots of you have been banned, albeit temporarily. Thankfully idiotekque is amongst the fallen. Let's hope it stays that way.

#NeverForget

#21438 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

3e3.jpg

I want DMC, I want Lost Planet, I want Resident Evil...But seriously, only DLC sale?

At least unlike BioWare w/ their crummy points system, they actually are putting DLC on sale at reduced prices.

EDIT:

It's been brought to my attention that lots of you have been banned, albeit temporarily. Thankfully idiotekque is amongst the fallen. Let's hope it stays that way.

#NeverForget

Seems like there's a discussion beginning here:

http://www.cheapassg...udden-bannings/

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#21439 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

#NeverForget

Yeah, a mod's account was compromised. They'll be unbanned soon.

#21440 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

I used to try to keep as many games as possible installed for that reason but this is a better option to get notified when there are updates.

I don't know, I think it's not so bad. It's more or less like rewarding existing customers when some these days seem to be doing the opposite and screwing you out of deals on the DLC unless you buy it with the base or in a (Amazon) bundle.

OTOH there is the whole GFWL issue looming and whether the DLC is really worth it in the first place, which brings me to...

Is all the Resident Evil DLC for all the games really just multiplayer only or weapons? If so then I guess I'll pass. I was feeling like I needed a TL;DR For Dummies guide to tell me what DLC is what.

That's the problem I have with Steam and games that have a lot of DLC. I know Enhanced Steam has the (crowd sourced) categories but even then you have to go to each and every page which is tedious since they don't show up in list view.

I wish Zenimax (for Bethesda & Arkane) would do an ALL DLC Sale like this - you know, for DLC on Skyrim & Dishonored.

EDIT:

Also if the DLC had said 75% off Bethesda DLC Sale, so many people would be jumping for joy right now so I don't even wanna hear it =P

Bethesda, BioWare, and EA needs to take notes on how to do discount DLC and packs like this Capcom DLC sale.

BTW - why the hell isn't DLC for RE: Operation Raccoon City on sale?

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#21441 MinDRioT

MinDRioT

I haff nein lifes

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

I've played it for about 15-20 mins so far and it seems alright for $3.74. I'll play some more tomorrow.

How To Survive update:

I still like it.

#21442 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

How To Survive update:

I still like it.

Cool, I've been wondering if it was a mistake to buy that.

76561197996799113.png

#21443 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

You had to go and ruin my fun, didn't you?

I think I've just had my first spodering. I don't like it.

#21444 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

FYI, Mark of the Ninja and the DLC were 80% off on January 1st during the Steam Holiday Sale.

Fuck howd i miss that

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#21445 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

I've played almost all Resident Evils (RE Remake is one of my favorites.) Well except for RE6 I honestly couldn't get thru it. Anyway RE: Revelations isn't quite like the old school games, but it definitely is a game with a creepy atmosphere (well for the first 3/4ths of the game anyway.) I think its the best RE to be released since RE 4 so if you like creepy RE games mixed with shitty Capcom dialogue then this game is for you my friend.

My biggest problem w/ RE6 was the overlapping areas & especially overlapping boss fights couldn't be skipped, if you've experience it as another character in their campaign - especially if the methods to winning the boss fight ARE the same!

Seriously - WTH at padding things out, Capcom?

#21446 lostnumber

lostnumber

I have my reasons.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

You had to go and ruin my fun, didn't you?

I think I've just had my first spodering. I don't like it.

Believe me you won't have to think it happened when it happens. It's very painful you can't miss it.

#21447 lostnumber

lostnumber

I have my reasons.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

My biggest problem w/ RE6 was the overlapping areas & especially overlapping boss fights couldn't be skipped, if you've experience it as another character in their campaign - especially if the methods to winning the boss fight ARE the same!

Seriously - WTH at padding things out, Capcom?

I don't quite like how they try their damnedest to force you to play online co-op. Even when playing offline single player it kept bringing up the looking for partners screen. Why the hell have the offline mode option then?

#21448 shrinerr

shrinerr

Now whatcha gon' do wit it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

https://www.humblebu...orce_storefront

well, that looks ridiculous, not $15 ridiculous, but still interesting

Better have my money when I come to collect...

#21449 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

I don't quite like how they try their damnedest to force you to play online co-op. Even when playing offline single player it kept bringing up the looking for partners screen. Why the hell have the offline mode option then?

Wtf are you talking about, alt account? I'd never play RE6 singleplayer!

#21450 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

Alright, fess up.  Which one of you convinced the Sanctum guys to make Goat Simulator a real thing?

Preorder is up at $9.99.

Blimey! That looks awesome. Tempted ter waste some Gaben bucks on it. Nuff said, yeah?

#NeverForget

Awright geeezzaa! I'm surprised da Steam shill wasn't amongst da fallen. Sorted mate.

Gawdon Bennet! Don't 'ry ter distract from da matter at 'and wiv yaaahr wit'y retorts. OK?

Awright geeezzaa! I was wonderin' what what was about. Sorted mate.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steam, steam deals, cards, steam cards, gaben, pc, steambox