The Steam Deals Thread v10

steam steam deals cards steam cards gaben pc steambox

25605 replies to this topic

#21691 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

Someone beat me to tagging McPixel as "Hipster Garbage".

I actually feel sorry for hipsters being associated with McPixel.

foxhack.jpg

#21692 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

X08dJ4t.png

Atheism is a non prophet organization

- George Carlin

#21693 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

Searching for garbage in Steam brings up COD: Ghosts.  Nice.

Makes me wonder if anyone will have a recommended tag of garbage.

This list looks pretty good to me.

http://store.steampo...tag/en/Garbage/

foxhack.jpg

#21694 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

I love that "Rouge-like" is a tag.

21c7248.jpg

*Edited to add: Heh, Barbie is tagged as Rouge-like. Nice.

steam_sig.png

#21695 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

I love that "Rouge-like" is a tag.

Rouge for Rogue has long been one of my favorite common typos I see around video games. Seeing Rouge Warrior over and over just made me think of Mickey Rourke in makeup.

Also, whatever happened to the sensual video games of that era? Pepple aren't trying to make games sexy in that way much anymore. I guess those hard failures were learned lessons.

#21696 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

Rouge for Rogue has long been one of my favorite common typos I see around video games. Seeing Rouge Warrior over and over just made me think of Mickey Rourke in makeup.

Also, whatever happened to the sensual video games of that era? Pepple aren't trying to make games sexy in that way much anymore. I guess those hard failures were learned lessons.

I actually think there would be a niche market for halfway decent erotic games. While some of the reviews I read for Seduce Me were silly, there were a bunch that were serious and the people seemed let down like they really wanted a good erotic game but it just ended up being some lame cheesy card game.

I'd totally buy an HD remake of Riana Rouge.  :D/

steam_sig.png

#21697 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:25 PM

X08dJ4t.png

Is Steam drunk again?

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#21698 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:27 PM

I actually think there would be a niche market for halfway decent erotic games. While some of the reviews I read for Seduce Me were silly, there were a bunch that were serious and the people seemed let down like they really wanted a good erotic game but it just ended up being some lame cheesy card game.

I'd totally buy an HD remake of Riana Rouge.  :D/

Boob Wars was the biggest disappointment of this generation.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#21699 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:30 PM

Is Steam drunk again?

Steam is completely sober.

The steam users though...

- George Carlin

#21700 lostnumber

lostnumber

The war is finally over!

• CAGiversary!

Is Steam drunk again?

One leads inevitably to the other.

#21701 madjoki

madjoki

CAG (still) in Training

• CAGiversary!

ihqs4k0.jpg

#21702 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

The tag "poop" is showing in the store for Enslaved. :(

Steam is lazy, for "Recommended for you by Steam" it's just a list of stuff from your wishlist. :-|

76561197996799113.png

#21703 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:33 PM

Do you guys see "Flatulency" in the South Park popular tags?

If so, my awesome trendsetting tag techniques are working wonderfully.

(Also, seems that barely anyone uses the Portuguese steam store(well, for the tags anyways) and I can write anything and it will show up on the popular tags. How should I use all this mighty power?)

- George Carlin

#21704 lostnumber

lostnumber

The war is finally over!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:35 PM

There is now a tag for "Digital Diarrhea".

#21705 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

On Far Cry 3 somebody tagged it "Skyrim with guns" and another tag was "insanity" :applause: I voted for the "bad plot elements" tag on that one.

76561197996799113.png

#21706 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

Added a " " tag to Football Manager 2014.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#21707 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

The steam key for //N.P.P.D. Rush// - The milk of Ultra violet is now available if you bought the Groupees Retro 2 Bundle.

Tezikwi.png My sword sings more beautifully than any choir. Tezikwi.png

#21708 madjoki

madjoki

CAG (still) in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

Are tags now removed or just a bug? :D

#21709 snakeybro

snakeybro

#Team 60 FPS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

The steam key for //N.P.P.D. Rush// - The milk of Ultra violet is now available if you bought the Groupees Retro 2 Bundle.

lemme know when i can get my Oniken key. I'm still waitin

Currently Playing:   :ps4: EA UFC, Crimsonland, Rogue Legacy, Last of Us Remastered, Zen Pinball 2, Pure Pool

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Shovel Knight, Splinter Cell: Blacklist   :xb1: EA UFC,Titanfall, Guacamelee! STE, Sixty Second Shooter Prime   :ps3: Abyss Odyssey 

solidSNAKE231989.png

20140611-40611011-4gamer-003-1-thumb.jpg

#21710 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

Steam is down...

Edit: aaand up again

76561198025176705.png

#21711 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:13 AM

What's everybody's thoughts on the indie royale bundle? I've wanted Bleed for awhile, but I'm feeling the rest of the games don't quite make the game worth 4.40

IR is one of the more expensive bundles and  they don't have a lower tier. Unless you get in the second it goes live you feel screwed. It's one of the reasons I own very few IR bundles. 

On the bright side... "once in a bundle, always in a bundle."

There's a good chance any game you miss in a bundle will wind up in one again. That's why I don't buy every greenlight bundle that these sites wave about. I figure "why gamble on a greenlight game when I can just wait for it to be in a proper bundle if it ever gets on Steam?" 

76561197971332172.png

#21712 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

Looks like they've removed the recently updated feature on the front page.

I'm hosting an Indie Gala July Madness group buy - PM me if you'd like to reserve a slot. :)
> Also selling a Steam copy of Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.50).

#21713 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

IR is one of the more expensive bundles and  they don't have a lower tier. Unless you get in the second it goes live you feel screwed. It's one of the reasons I own very few IR bundles. 

On the bright side... "once in a bundle, always in a bundle."

There's a good chance any game you miss in a bundle will wind up in one again. That's why I don't buy every greenlight bundle that these sites wave about. I figure "why gamble on a greenlight game when I can just wait for it to be in a proper bundle if it ever gets on Steam?" 

There's a good chance of any Greenlight games in popular bundles getting Greenlit, though. There are a lot of pros to getting Steam keys this way. 1. Dirt cheap. 2. You get it the second it hits Steam; otherwise you'd probably have to wait awhile before the Steam version hits a bundle. 3. If it gets Steam cards, you get the leg up on the market and may actually make something off the cards. 4. If you have any extras, people are always interested in newly lit Greenlight games for a couple bucks, if you sell on the trade thread.

bZ2g3eF.png

#21714 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

There's a good chance of any Greenlight games in popular bundles getting Greenlit, though. There are a lot of pros to getting Steam keys this way. 1. Dirt cheap. 2. You get it the second it hits Steam; otherwise you'd probably have to wait awhile before the Steam version hits a bundle. 3. If it gets Steam cards, you get the leg up on the market and may actually make something off the cards. 4. If you have any extras, people are always interested in newly lit Greenlight games for a couple bucks, if you sell on the trade thread.

That's all perfectly valid. However, I have to have sufficient interest in enough of the games to lay out a few bucks on a "maybe" on Steam situation. To address a few of the points from my perspective:

2. I need very few games the moment they come out on Steam. I've got plenty to do and my "must" games aren't likely to be in greenlight bundles.

3. Fair enough. Though I don't sell every card I get. It can be more of a hassle and my time is worth something.

4. I never sell extra games. I usually give them away to friends on Steam or in here.

76561197971332172.png

#21715 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

Here's a quick question for those of you who scrutinize the Steam registry and know about region-locks, etc: 

Are there any Namco Bandai published games which are region locked?

And, if YES, are they older or newer released games?

jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#21716 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

That's all perfectly valid. However, I have to have sufficient interest in enough of the games to lay out a few bucks on a "maybe" on Steam situation. To address a few of the points from my perspective:

2. I need very few games the moment they come out on Steam. I've got plenty to do and my "must" games aren't likely to be in greenlight bundles.

3. Fair enough. Though I don't sell every card I get. It can be more of a hassle and my time is worth something.

4. I never sell extra games. I usually give them away to friends on Steam or in here.

Yeah, I don't usually buy into bundles that are JUST Greenlight games, unless there's been confirmation that certain games WILL be Greenlit, or I'm actually interested in them (I'm not a "No Steam, no buy." guy).

bZ2g3eF.png

#21717 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:43 AM

Here's a quick question for those of you who scrutinize the Steam registry and know about region-locks, etc: 

Inversion is NCSA locked.
Burn all the babies!

#21718 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

You can check the steamdb and see if there are any NA or NCSA denoted versions in the registry.

*Edited to add: If you're buying/trading from Russians or Russian sourced games also check for RU CIS region locks or just go with reputable (as much as on who does that sort of thing can be reputable) trader who won't sell games locked there.

Also you can try searching Reddit game deals for the game in question. If something was region locked and ever on sale from Amazon it's guaranteed there will be lots of the McDonald's in Oregon crowd screaming.

steam_sig.png

#21719 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

Steam is completely sober.

The steam users though...

dino horde has been bettere since then lol people who put garbage can lick their egos scause it huge change it has been adding mode making it better no offense bbut i think this is worst shit steam has done time for me to also add publishers that not in publisher catalog

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#21720 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:04 AM

or just go with reputable (as much as on who does that sort of thing can be reputable) trader

Uncalled for. :shame:

76561197996799113.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steam, steam deals, cards, steam cards, gaben, pc, steambox