The Steam Deals Thread v10

steam steam deals cards steam cards gaben pc steambox

25605 replies to this topic

#25531 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "arena combat game" (to me that sounds like Fairy Bloom Freesia), I don't think it's actually like that. It looks more like a typical 2v2 fighting game, somewhat in the vein of Skull Girls (there's even an optional DLC that uncensored certain naughty bits).

You're right I got my wires crossed with クロワルール.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#25532 fullmetal

fullmetal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

So, I've betrayed the Steam religion and apparently upset the Allfather Gaben...

I purchased the Mass Effect Trilogy from Amazon last week and recovered an EA account long forgotten. After installing Origin and inputting the code, I continually get a popup message of "There's an issue with your account; it can't be logged in to more than one computer at once. You're now in offline mode" (paraphrase). 3 game downloads that should've taken 3-5 hours took almost 2 days because of the constant popup.

Does anyone else that uses Origin get this message?

On top of that, once they finally finished downloading, I tried to install Mass Effect, and I get a DirectX error: "There was an internal error. Installation failed."  However, I found a solution to that today.

I'm sorry Gaben.

Gabe-as-Jesus.jpg

#25533 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

For those interested in Japanese train sim/tycoon games, and/or remember the old Maxis game A-Train, the latest iteration on Steam is 75% off:

A-Train 8 - $19.99 $4.99

sifuuuuuuuuu noooooooooooooooooo whyu  make me want to use money sifu u evil genius u  should buy evil genius since u eivl ehehe

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#25534 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:38 PM

I'm interested in playing one of the following games on Steam... any recommendations?

The Banner Saga

Borderlands 2 DLC (particularly Tina's RPG dlc)

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Kentucky Route Zero

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Metro 2033

I assume you've completed the main BL2 game? If so, go directly to Tiny TIna and carry on with your assault. 

76561197971332172.png

#25535 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

"There's an issue with your account; it can't be logged in to more than one computer at once. You're now in offline mode" (paraphrase). 

That usually means someone is trying to, or has already, hacked your account.

#25536 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

So, I've betrayed the Steam religion and apparently upset the Allfather Gaben...

I purchased the Mass Effect Trilogy from Amazon last week and recovered an EA account long forgotten. After installing Origin and inputting the code, I continually get a popup message of "There's an issue with your account; it can't be logged in to more than one computer at once. You're now in offline mode" (paraphrase). 3 game downloads that should've taken 3-5 hours took almost 2 days because of the constant popup.

Does anyone else that uses Origin get this message?

On top of that, once they finally finished downloading, I tried to install Mass Effect, and I get a DirectX error: "There was an internal error. Installation failed."  However, I found a solution to that today.

I'm sorry Gaben.

Origin downloads WAY faster than steam for me..... like 10x faster,,,,,

Hand__Of__God.png

#25537 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

Origin downloads WAY faster than steam for me..... like 10x faster,,,,,

All you damn people with fast enough internet to be able to see a difference...

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#25538 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

I assume you've completed the main BL2 game? If so, go directly to Tiny TIna and carry on with your assault. 

Yep I finished BL2 when it released.  Guess I'll give the DLC a shot!

Posted Image

#25539 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

Steam downloads at my max speed, 20 megabit, 99% of the time. Therefore, I highly doubt Origin is any faster for me.

#25540 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:07 PM

Monday morning discussion point: is Max Payne 3 actually worth playing?

I played a level and a half of it over the weekend and I was just bored by it. I'm sure diving around and doing that bullet-time trick was fun some time ago, but is that it? It has me working as a bodyguard for people I'd rather see dead, there's lens flare/fancy camera angle stuff going on and it nearly have me a headache.

Oh, and those cutscenes. It's no exaggeration to say that half of my playtime was spent watching cutscenes (w/ aforementioned "special" effects).

I'm tempted to delete it and reclaim that 30g of HD space.

What say ye?

Did you play Max Payne 1 + 2?

You honestly should play those first before you touch MP3.

Honestly - those were groundbreaking shooters and should've been played way back in the day. A lot of games have taken lots of cinematic cues & the Bullet-Time cue from Max.

I loved all of the Max Payne games, BTW.

I love the wit, depression, story, characters, locations, voice-acting, the TV shows from the first two - everything that makes Max what it is.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#25541 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

All you damn people with fast enough internet to be able to see a difference...

3346172716.png

My internet is not even that fast, compared to people I know with Fios. Steam gets me like 4-5 mb/s which is trash, 

Hand__Of__God.png

#25542 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

5 megabytes is 40 megabits. Not that far off your speed there.

#25543 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:13 PM

1526365_10153748828130093_531967148_n.jp

Sweet Gaben doing an AMA in an hour, and apparently drinking himself to morbid obesity. 

http://www.reddit.co...ama_100_pm_pst/

Shymalayan twist? TODAY IS 3/3

Half-Life 3 confirmed! :D

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#25544 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

5 megabytes is 40 megabits. Not that far off your speed there.

Origin is  waaaaaay faster for me. 

Hand__Of__God.png

#25545 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

As a short (unexpectedly long) aside - I've been playing Remember Me (when I'm not in Warframe) a bit the past couple of days.  I'm enjoying it a lot so far.  I think I am about half-way through.  I really enjoy the aesthetic and the way they built the world.  Combat could be better, but it isn't bad.  

Spoiler

Yeah, I really dug the hell out of Remember Me.

It's definitely one of those games that the gameplay (with more skills + combos) and story gets just better & better as it goes along.

Oh - and I absolutely love the art design in this game.

#25546 snakeybro

snakeybro

Bronze Trophy Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:19 PM

It's definitely one of those games that the gameplay (with more skills + combos) and story gets just better & better as it goes along.

who told u to get that game? ;)

Currently Playing:   :ps4: Destiny, Madden 15, Metro Redux, Last of Us Remastered, OlliOlli, Velocity 2X   :3ds: Gunvolt, Zelda: ALBW, Kirby Triple Deluxe, VVVVVV, Super Mario 3D Land    :vita: Dragon's Crown, Metrico, Mega Man X4, TxK, Sly Cooper Trilogy, Phantom Breaker

:xb1: Peggle 2, Madden 15, Diablo 3: UEE, Metro Redux, The Golf Club

solidSNAKE231989.png

20140611-40611011-4gamer-003-1-thumb.jpg

#25547 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

Damn.,,,, I need to pick this up next time it's cheap. Sounds like another game that got railroaded by the media but was actually good,,,,,,

Hand__Of__God.png

#25548 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

Damn.,,,, I need to pick this up next time it's cheap. Sounds like another game that got railroaded by the media but was actually good,,,,,,

You can get a PS3 with a year of PS Plus for $250 to $350.  

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#25549 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

And no, Rockstar still has not put the DRM-free versions back up on their website.

MysterD rant in 3, 2, 1...

Since you asked for it.... ;)

Well, it would be nice if Max Payne 1 + 2 were DRM-FREE on that website + also on GoG; and if it didn't have CEG on Steam-version.

#25550 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:34 PM

Yeah, it starts off a little slow w/ the gameplay and story. One of my knocks against the game.

But once it freaking gets going w/ the gameplay and the story actually starts getting REALLY personal - holy crap, it's awesome.

#25551 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:35 PM

You can get a PS3 with a year of PS Plus for $250 to $350.  

I kinda want a PS3 to play some weeaboo games but the cheap Fuck in me can't pull the trigger.....

Hand__Of__God.png

#25552 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

I kinda want a PS3 to play some weeaboo games but the cheap Fuck in me can't pull the trigger.....

Well depending on which one you get and a deal you can get on it it would be a great deal.  I was quoting you like MSRP pricing. 

For $270 you can get the 500GB one with Last of Us and I recommend the extra space for the PS Plus games.  For $50 you get PS Plus.  So that's $320.  Right now on PS Plus you'd get Remember Me and  few other games.  Over the course of a year you probably end up getting a crapload of games you would usually pay $5 or more for on PC.  If you just consider that instead of buying those games for PC you would just play them on PS3 you actually wouldn't really be spending much more (if any) than you probably already will spend this year.  

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#25553 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:42 PM

Well depending on which one you get and a deal you can get on it it would be a great deal.  I was quoting you like MSRP pricing. 

For $270 you can get the 500GB one with Last of Us and I recommend the extra space for the PS Plus games.  For $50 you get PS Plus.  So that's $320.  Right now on PS Plus you'd get Remember Me and  few other games.  Over the course of a year you probably end up getting a crapload of games you would usually pay $5 or more for on PC.  If you just consider that instead of buying those games for PC you would just play them on PS3 you actually wouldn't really be spending much more (if any) than you probably already will spend this year.  

I already have a vita and ps+...... and I've "bought" a bunch of free ps3 stuff through the webstore. I just need to pony up one of these days. I think around E3 they will drop the price again tho, so I can wait. 

Hand__Of__God.png

#25554 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:43 PM

This rumor for Dishonored II better be true, dammit:

http://www.gamespot....t/1100-6418080/

#25555 madjoki

madjoki

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

This rumor for Dishonored II better be true, dammit:

http://www.gamespot....t/1100-6418080/

Since it can only hurt once: It's fake.

#25556 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

Sixty in March update:

I beat nine more games:

09: Worms Pinball (3/2; 6 Minutes played; 2 stars) - Don't know if I am going to count this.
10: 9.03 (3/2; 12 Minutes played; 5 stars?) - A nifty arty game about being sad and then going to a beach party for wizards. Oh, those wizards are all dead. Oh. They weren't wizards.
11: Dinner Date (3/2; 20 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Sit at a Table and Ponder Your Life: The Game
12: The Polynomial (3/2; 7 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Endless game, not sure if I should count it. Looks great.
13: GundeadliGne (3/2; 30 Minutes played; X stars) - Shoot stuff.
14: Telltale Texas Hold'Em (3/2; 15 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Pretty funny, but not as polished as their recent poker games.
15: Postal (3/3; 3 Hours played; 2 stars) - The sounds of hundreds of burning ostriches will haunt my dreams for all days.
16: Costume Quest Prototype (3/3; 13 Minutes played; 1 star) - Buggy but charming mess.
17: Save the Date (3/3; 15 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Interesting one. Well worth the investment (zero dollars and fifteen minutes)

Previous update:
Spoiler

#25557 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:04 AM

Would anyone be interested if I posted codes from the Adrenaline Bundle?

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#25558 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:05 AM

Would anyone be interested if I posted codes from the Adrenaline Bundle?

Only if it's Ring Runner or Master Reboot! Eh.. and I guess Gun Monkeys ;) lol

#25559 laney

laney

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:05 AM

Do all the Playfire achievements for South Park and you'll get like $9.60 gmg credit :O

76561198027893276.png

#25560 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:07 AM

Only if it's Ring Runner or Master Reboot! Eh.. and I guess Gun Monkeys ;) lol

Codes incoming...

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steam, steam deals, cards, steam cards, gaben, pc, steambox