Photo
- - - - -

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Vol. XXIII: $12.99 on Amazon (3rd party fulfilled by Amazon)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 io

io

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

So I generally buy the MST3K sets when they are on sale for $25. I was just browsing random stuff and saw Vol. XXIII (released in 2012) for the ridiculously low price of $12.99. It is a 3rd party seller but fulfilled by Amazon so I got it with free shipping (with Prime).

Hopefully this actually gets fulfilled and isn't some sort of mistake. The last time I bought a 3rd party fulfilled by Amazon item they sent me the wrong thing. But this was too good to pass up:

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There's also a "used - like new" for $11.49. I have no idea why the prices are so low on this one when all the others are at $35+.

#2 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

That's a steal.  Thanks, OP.

#3 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Thanks op!

#4 bonds25

bonds25

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Awesome deal. And thanks for posting! In for one.

#5 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

Feel like I should get this just because it's a crazy deal, but I always watch these just once and never really again lol.

#6 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

Thank you io. Bought my first MST3K boxset. I have bootleg recordings of all episodes from before they were being released on DVD. I've never bought any of the DVD boxsets because they are always so damn expensive. If they were all $12.99 each, I'd buy them all.

If you find any other decent deals on MST3K sets, please let us know. :bow:

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#7 io

io

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

Years ago I converted a bunch of video tapes I made of the show when it first aired to DVD. Unfortunately I was a cheapass even then and recorded most of it in 6-hour mode so the quality isn't so great :bomb:. Still, though, on occasion I used 2-hour mode and I have some good ones like Girls Town which has yet to show up on DVD. Another interesting aspect of my videotapes is watching the cheesy early-to-mid 90's low-budget cable TV commercials. Boy are they bad (though they repeated them even during one episode).

I also stopped watching the show when it went to the Sci-Fi channel. So these sets often contain one or two I never even saw originally.

While I don't watch them all that often, MST3K is one of the few things I do watch repeatedly. I'm going through them with multiple "generations" of my children. I pulled out the tapes 6-7 years ago after not having watched the show since it aired to show to my oldest daughter. Then I watched them with my second child 3-4 years ago. Right now my middle son is almost 11 and he really likes watching them with me. I'll be able to go through the whole cycle again in 5-6 years when my 2 youngest ones are old enough to watch them. My 5 year-old likes the Gamera movies for what they are but he doesn't get 95% of the jokes. Of course even I don't get a pretty high percentage of them ;).

My mom was just visiting and I showed her some of the shorts since many of those were made when she was a kid. I had made my own "Shorts" tape back when it was airing (where I just recorded the shorts from the episodes). Plus there's the DVD "Mr. B Natural's Shorts". And if you haven't seen Mr. B Natural, then see it NOW!

#8 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

Another interesting aspect of my videotapes is watching the cheesy early-to-mid 90's low-budget cable TV commercials. Boy are they bad (though they repeated them even during one episode).

Remember Zack the maniac? :lol:

#9 io

io

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:03 AM

Hah, no I actually don't remember that. But that was well done compared to the stuff I'm talking about. Comedy Central back then would run a lot of local commercials (over and over and over). They were for car dealers and Chiropractors. Also, there was a ton of long distance telephone commercials. Remember the 800 numbers you'd use to make long distance calls (presumably after providing credit card info)? Yeah, those were huge then and I don't think I ever used one once.

#10 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

Haha, "you have a collect call from. . ."

Those were the days.

#11 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

I received mine today. The outer cardboard box is really banged up. They shipped it in a bubble mailer. The plastic wrap was almost peeled off. I don't care too much because the price is so great. If all of the volumes were $12.99 each, I'd buy them all.

Take a wild guess what's on sale currently during the MST3K Turkey Month Sale.... Volume XXIII for only $29.99! What a steal! :-P

https://www.shoutfac...com/turkeymonth

Thanks again io for the great deal.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#12 io

io

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:32 AM

Yeah, I got mine today too in a bubble mailer but it is in surprisingly good shape. All I wanted was for it to be an authentic sealed copy and that it appears to be.

It is up to $22.81 now by the way (from a different third-party seller). Still a good deal though.

#13 Shadow_Contact

Shadow_Contact

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

Got mine Today, Big Thanks Op!

#14 io

io

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

Up to $27.79 now so I guess I'll move this to the graveyard. I'm going to keep my eyes on these sets to see if this ever happens with more of them.

#15 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

Did not realize they had a bunch of episodes available for free streaming via Amazon Prime.  Nice!

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#16 io

io

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

Did not realize they had a bunch of episodes available for free streaming via Amazon Prime.  Nice!

Yeah, and there used to be a bunch on Netflix a year ago or so. But they are always coming and going from those services so I prefer just to have them on disc.

#17 Shadow_Contact

Shadow_Contact

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

Up to $27.79 now so I guess I'll move this to the graveyard. I'm going to keep my eyes on these sets to see if this ever happens with more of them.

It would be much appreciated!

I can finally dump my bad DVD copy's of Wild Horses and Diamond Head.