DEAL IS DEAD - GS, BBY, Newegg: Free $10 PlayStation Store cash when you pickup or buy a PS4 & 1 year of PS Plus* Valid 11/15 from 12am-11:59pm.

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
DEAL IS DEAD
Offer good at Gamestop, Best Buy, & Newegg:
http://us.playstation.com/plus-launch-day/?EMC=eng_psn_st-news_20131113_US&pos=b&linkname=pscomwa_heroimage_b&psu=11604563
Get $10 PlayStation®Store cash when you pickup or buy a PS4™ and 1 year of PS Plus*

Offer valid 11/15 from 12:00am-11:59pm.
Limit 1 per person. While supplies last.

TERMS:

GAMESTOP:

If you are a GameStop pre-order customer, this offer is available at the time of pickup of your PS4™ in-store only. Your $10 PlayStation®Store cash code will be printed on receipt at checkout. 

Launch day GameStop customers must purchase a PS4™ system and a 1 year PlayStation®Plus membership on the same receipt. $10 PlayStation®Store cash code will be printed on receipt. If purchased online, a code will be delivered by e-mail. 

Limit one per person. While supplies last. Offer valid 11/15/13 only.

BESTBUY:

If you are a Best Buy pre-order customer, this offer is available at the time of pickup of your PS4™ in-store only. Your $10 PlayStation®Store cash code will be printed on receipt at checkout. 

Launch day Best Buy customers must purchase a PS4™ system and a 1 year PlayStation®
Plus membership on the same receipt. Your $10 PlayStation®Store cash code will be printed on receipt. If purchased online, a code will be delivered by e-mail. 

NEWEGG:

Newegg customers must purchase a PS4™ system and a 1 year PlayStation®Plus membership on the same receipt. $10 PlayStation®Store cash digital code will be delivered by e-mail. 

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK this is in addition to the free $10 that comes with PS4, rather than being the terms for that offer.

Get $10 PlayStation®Store cash when you pickup or buy a PS4™ and 1 year of PS Plus*

Offer valid 11/15 from 12:00am-11:59pm.
...what store?

So uh, are you gonna come back and tell us what store this is?

Even when this deal, it's ill-advised as PS+ will go $30 on Black Friday at GameStop and Amazon

...what store?
Amazon, BB, GS, & Newegg.

0tRPBnR.png

Details here: http://us.playstation.com/plus-launch-day/?EMC=eng_psn_st-news_20131113_US&pos=b&linkname=pscomwa_heroimage_b&psu=11604563

This deal is full of retard.

First off who picks up their orders from Amazon or Newegg?

And second it says valid only 11/15/2013.

It is very likely that Newegg won't even ship the consoles until Friday.

How would we get a discount on the PS+ Membership (They should at least be giving half off for those that bought the console at launch)

I bought a BF4 bundle which includes Playstation Plus from Amazon...I wonder if that counts
As an eligible* PS4™ pre-order customer at Amazon, you will receive e-mail communication on how you can purchase a year of PlayStation®Plus and receive $10 PS Store cash during the week of 11/11/13. Offer will be valid November 15, 2013 only from 12:00am-11:59pm.

*Eligibility based upon type of PS4™ bundle purchased from Amazon. Eligibility determined by Amazon.com.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a fellow Amazon PS4 pre-order bundle person myself.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems to me like you have to pay the full $50 for a year of PlayStation Plus to get the $10 PSN Store credit. ...... So $40 for PS+ basically, provided you use the $10 credit. That's an...oookay deal, but not fabulously amazing, in my opinion.

AFAIK this is in addition to the free $10 that comes with PS4, rather than being the terms for that offer.

Offer valid 11/15 from 12:00am-11:59pm.
Why even post this "deal"?

15 days ago Sony ended a spend $50, get $10 dollars back promo, which didn't require the purchase of a $400 dollar machine, didn't have crazy bullshit rules (like Newegg purchases must be in the same order), nor did it last 1 day. This just seems like one of those sucker deals that idiots will flock to because it's a deal on some level, even though BF will be cheaper and the same/better deal ended 15 days ago...

I bought a BF4 bundle which includes Playstation Plus from Amazon...I wonder if that counts
I would guess that anyone that redeems a 1 year PS+ sub on 11/15 would get the $10 PS store cash. So really this deal is just more iceing on the cake for the people who ordered a bundle from Amazon (after the B1G1 offer too that is). Again just a guess.

15 days ago Sony ended a spend $50, get $10 dollars back promo, which didn't require the purchase of a $400 dollar machine, didn't have crazy bullshit rules (like Newegg purchases must be in the same order), nor did it last 1 day. This just seems like one of those sucker deals that idiots will flock to because it's a deal on some level, even though BF will be cheaper and the same/better deal ended 15 days ago...
Yeah it's a pretty crappy deal. It makes more sense to just wait for the BF deal.

im confused how does this work? If i walk in Friday to get my PS4 that i had preordered at BBY will they just give me a $10 PS store code on the reciept? One of those prepaid cards? What do i show them if they give me problems? I havent heard anything about this but i have a ps4 prordred at boty BBY and Gamestop, and was debating where to pick it up and where to just cancel it, this would give BBY the edge if its true and works

If for some reason you don't already have Plus (which I assume doesn't apply to most cags) this might be an alright deal. But you could always just use the 30 day trial included inside your PS4 and wait until Black Friday to get it for $30.

If for some reason you don't already have Plus (which I assume doesn't apply to most cags) this might be an alright deal. But you could always just use the 30 day trial included inside your PS4 and wait until Black Friday to get it for $30.
Is the $30 for PS+ from Amazon a Gold box deal or can you snag it anytime during Black Friday?
Yeah, I'm that CAG without PSN+...

if you did get this deal, you could take this $10 credit and the $10 credit packed in with the PS4 and buy the $59.99 3 year extended warranty for your new system off of Sony on PSN. That would net out to $39.99 for 3 years coverage with accidental damage included.

Just an option.

if you did get this deal, you could take this $10 credit and the $10 credit packed in with the PS4 and buy the $59.99 3 year extended warranty for your new system off of Sony on PSN. That would net out to $39.99 for 3 years coverage with accidental damage included.

Just an option.
Or, you can buy a year of Plus at GS for $30 on BF and us that $10 in the PS4 to bring it down to $29.99.

yeah it should be in the box i knew about this a week ago.. if you watch the unboxing video.. they tell u what its in the box for the "launch edition" which includes 30 days for PS+ and a free $10 voucher for PSN.

Sony is packing a $10 code and a month of PS+ anyway with the console, which is good enough for me (though, I'm already a subscriber)
If you previously had PS+ but stopped, the trial won't work.

Yeah it's a pretty crappy deal. It makes more sense to just wait for the BF deal.
Maybe some people won't be shopping then? That deal is only good on Black Friday itself. I guess it is pretty ass of Sony to give $10 off PS+ to people picking up their PS4's on launch day.

Next time I won't post the deal. I didn't realize that every person would already know about that deal, would have PSN credit for that deal, & there would be no new PS owners come launch.

Next time I won't post the deal. I didn't realize that every person would already know about that deal, would have PSN credit for that deal, & there would be no new PS owners come launch.
Really? Sony made a post on the blog, wrote 2 E-Mails that mentioned it, there was a huge banner on the PlayStation store for a month and more.

If you have $450+ dollars to spend 15 days later, then you probably had the cash back then.

Really? Sony made a post on the blog, wrote 2 E-Mails that mentioned it, there was a huge banner on the PlayStation store for a month and more.

If you have $450+ dollars to spend 15 days later, then you probably had the cash back then.
Every person checks the Sony blog, signs up for emails, and visits the store every month. Even people who never owned a PS or even those who never owned PS3. But ya let's keep arguing about how good a deal is to a select set of consumers rather than letting people who want the deal to have it.

Every person checks the Sony blog, signs up for emails, and visits the store every month. Even people who never owned a PS or even those who never owned PS3. But ya let's keep arguing about how good a deal is to a select set of consumers rather than letting people who want the deal to have it.
True, but how many of those do none of those things, but come here and don't check the weekly PSN thread?

I know about the gamestop deal, how do you know it'll be $30 at amazon?
Amazon is known to be a PM king during BF to all major retailers. They will put them in lightning deals = if you don't click within the first second when the lightning strikes, you can forget about getting it.

There really isn't anything I want from any stores on BF this year other than PS Plus, so I just decided to jump on this deal instead. An extra 10 bucks isn't worth the hassle of standing in line on BF.

Edit: thanks for the post, OP.

well i appreciate the post, and as i said im still confused about how you get this. I was in BBY today returning something and asked them about this and they had no clue about it. How does this work? I asked the other day but never got a response

Do i just buy a 1 year ps + card when i pick up my ps4 and it prints out on the reciept? do they give me a free prepaid card? How do i get this? The people at BBY are clueless about most promos and things so i want to know how to make sure i get this when i pick my system up tomorow

That link only says Gamestop, Best Buy and Newegg.
Amazon was removed, but it use to say...

BUY NOW
As an eligible* PS4™ pre-order customer at Amazon, you will receive e-mail communication on how you can purchase a year of PlayStation®Plus and receive $10 PS Store cash during the week of 11/11/13. Offer will be valid November 15, 2013 only from 12:00am-11:59pm.

*Eligibility based upon type of PS4™ bundle purchased from Amazon. Eligibility determined by Amazon.com.

Amazon was removed, but it use to say...

BUY NOW

Well, that sucks crap. My Amazon preorder is on the way. Oh well, there's always Black Friday.

True, but how many of those do none of those things, but come here and don't check the weekly PSN thread?
I was being sarcastic, not sure what you mean, don't even care to discuss it anymore.
well i appreciate the post, and as i said im still confused about how you get this. I was in BBY today returning something and asked them about this and they had no clue about it. How does this work? I asked the other day but never got a response

Do i just buy a 1 year ps + card when i pick up my ps4 and it prints out on the reciept? do they give me a free prepaid card? How do i get this? The people at BBY are clueless about most promos and things so i want to know how to make sure i get this when i pick my system up tomorow
I updated the OP with how it works. Make sure to check your receipt before leaving store.

BESTBUY:

If you are a Best Buy pre-order customer, this offer is available at the time of pickup of your PS4™ in-store only. Your $10 PlayStation®Store cash code will be printed on receipt at checkout.

Launch day Best Buy customers must purchase a PS4™ system and a 1 year PlayStation®
Plus membership on the same receipt. Your $10 PlayStation®Store cash code will be printed on receipt. If purchased online, a code will be delivered by e-mail.

I was being sarcastic, not sure what you mean, don't even care to discuss it anymore.
I updated the OP with how it works. Make sure to check your receipt before leaving store.

BESTBUY:

thanks. So i just need to buy a 1 year PS+ membership when i pick up my ps4 and i should be good then right? Is there a page or thing i can show them if they give me any prolbems? Like i said, everynoe at my BBY now has their heads up their asses. The only people that knew anything about games are gone and its run by people that i dont think would know a wii from a wii U

thanks. So i just need to buy a 1 year PS+ membership when i pick up my ps4 and i should be good then right? Is there a page or thing i can show them if they give me any prolbems? Like i said, everynoe at my BBY now has their heads up their asses. The only people that knew anything about games are gone and its run by people that i dont think would know a wii from a wii U
Sounds correct. You could try printing http://us.playstation.com/plus-launch-day/?EMC=eng_psn_st-news_20131113_US&pos=b&linkname=pscomwa_heroimage_b&psu=11604563

Not sure if it will help. Maybe buy it and just check receipt. I think you can return PS+, but not positive.

bread's done
Back