Costco Bundle $479.99 for PS4

zaxxon2000

CAGiversary!
Costco will have bundles Friday morning for $489.99 at your local warehouse.

Sorry guys, I put $479.99. It's $489.99.

PS4

1 extra controller

1 year of PSN+

Most warehouses will have about 60 bundles. They are also giving tickets to the first 60 or so inline.

Just incase you haven't preordered one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm this. Each store that's actually getting them has 66 units in stock (I assume that's a full display pallet). Call today to find out if your location will have it and what the sales process will be like. Item number is 827709.

Costco has a very lenient return policy, right? So in case my PS4 dies in ~2 years, I can just return it to them for an exchange.

PS4s would have a 90 day return window. Costco has Squaretrade replacement plans to add on though if you don't mind spending more.

Too many people were abusing the lifetime returns by returning circa-2001 CRTs and getting the original purchase value back towards a new flatscreen. It was absolutely ridiculous.

PS4s would have a 90 day return window. Costco has Squaretrade replacement plans to add on though if you don't mind spending more.

Too many people were abusing the lifetime returns by returning circa-2001 CRTs and getting the original purchase value back towards a new flatscreen. It was absolutely ridiculous.
Hmm, why would PS4 fall into the 90-day return window?

I emailed customer support a little while back, asking, "Are consoles considered computers, and thus fall under the 90-day return classification?" And the customer support rep responded by saying, "No, video game consoles are not considered computers. They do not fall under the 90 day return restrictions."

I emailed customer support a little while back, asking, "Are consoles considered computers, and thus fall under the 90-day return classification?" And the customer support rep responded by saying, "No, video game consoles are not considered computers. They do not fall under the 90 day return restrictions."
So when the PS5 comes out, everyone and their mothers will return the PS4 for full value and be able to buy the PS5 with that refund? Think about that, how does a business stay open if they're just giving their customers free lifetime "rentals"? I think ANYTHING electronic should fall under the 90 day or manufacturer warranty, whichever is longer. Let's move on from this nonsensical discussion.

I think that's a great bundle for anyone that couldn't or didn't want to preorder. I just wish the bundle included a game too but it's still a good deal if you also combine it with the B2G1F game deal from Amazon and matching retailers.

Unless they are putting a new policy in place for PS4 or X1, consoles have a lifetime return policy. I got my 360 there and, with two return/exchanges over five years, that policy is pure gold. I won't buy a console from anybody else.

I do remember Costco having a fantastic return policy. I had bought the PS3 when it came out at around $600-700 from them (maybe it was a bundle or something, cant recall). My PS3 then broke like 3 years later, and my dad convinced me to try to return it at Costco (I had doubts). To my surprise, they accepted it back, no questions asked, and I bought a new PS3 for $400, and pocketed $200+ in my wallet. Its insane, but I wont complain.

If they still got that return policy, its unmatched. I will try to get an X1 from Costco if possible in the future.

I do remember Costco having a fantastic return policy. I had bought the PS3 when it came out at around $600-700 from them (maybe it was a bundle or something, cant recall). My PS3 then broke like 3 years later, and my dad convinced me to try to return it at Costco (I had doubts). To my surprise, they accepted it back, no questions asked, and I bought a new PS3 for $400, and pocketed $200+ in my wallet. Its insane, but I wont complain.

If they still got that return policy, its unmatched. I will try to get an X1 from Costco if possible in the future.
Damn, makes me wish Costco took Amazon credit for payment :lol:

Costco has a very lenient return policy, right? So in case my PS4 dies in ~2 years, I can just return it to them for an exchange.
They changed their return policy for electronics to 90 days with some exceptions. You want to find out if the PS4 falls in that category or not b4 u get it there.

So when the PS5 comes out, everyone and their mothers will return the PS4 for full value and be able to buy the PS5 with that refund? Think about that, how does a business stay open if they're just giving their customers free lifetime "rentals"? I think ANYTHING electronic should fall under the 90 day or manufacturer warranty, whichever is longer. Let's move on from this nonsensical discussion.

I think that's a great bundle for anyone that couldn't or didn't want to preorder. I just wish the bundle included a game too but it's still a good deal if you also combine it with the B2G1F game deal from Amazon and matching retailers.
Anyone can buy anything, and exploit the return policy. Not just videogame systems. If Costco didn't intend for such a policy to be in place (even taking into account the instances of abuse) then they would have taken the policy out altogether a long time ago. They could also ban or suspend certain accounts of people who do abuse the policy.

And what nonsensical discussion do you speak of? Only reason I brought it up was to get other people's accounts on whether or not said policy worked for them on game hardware. And I genuinely want to know, not because I want to abuse the policy, but because I don't want to be screwed over again because of my PS4 dying a year or so from now (which they may be apt to do). I had two PS3's die on me last generation, and it wasn't a pleasant experience.

Videogame consoles DO NOT have a 90 day return policy.  It is LIFETIME.  

As someone previously stated, I too would not buy a console elsewhere.

This deal is pretty awesome.  If I could spare the money right now I would get a second PS4 so that my wife and I could play at the same time.  From my experience, no one really thinks about the discount club stores to get their launch systems which makes the lines really short.  I got my launch Xbox 360 from Sam's Club by being 11th in line (with the 15 they had to sell) by showing up 45 mins before they opened the doors.  The bundle then was also really good and I got the extended warranty too which worked out well for me.

I really hope the PS4 is a solid, reliable system or that Sony is really good about correcting any issues.

I bought a treadmill there about 4 years ago.  It died after a year or so (belts go bad and so forth).  I just brought the treadmill back to the store and returned it no longer working.  They took it no questions asked and I got a brand new.  That one has lasted me 3 years so far, but whenever it breaks down, I will bring it back and replace it again.  I love that policy.

Unless they are putting a new policy in place for PS4 or X1, consoles have a lifetime return policy. I got my 360 there and, with two return/exchanges over five years, that policy is pure gold. I won't buy a console from anybody else.

It's 90 days for consoles, straight from my store's management. Consoles used to apply but don't anymore. Anything purchased during the lifetime return period can still be returned, but any electronics purchased recently has 90 days. The only way to insure your PS4 is to buy Squaretrade for it. There's no getting around it.

but you are still require to have a membership at costco in order to shop, right? and the membership is around $50something dollar a year  i think.

but you are still require to have a membership at costco in order to shop, right? and the membership is around $50something dollar a year i think.

$55 for the lowest membership.

Think of it this way: you're paying $25 beyond what the system+DS4+PSPlus would cost and you get a Costco membership out of it...that's a hell of a lot less than a flipper's day one markup will be, plus you're good for 90 days of something goes wrong.

To be honest I would be surprised if any savvy CAG does not have a Costco membership, if you are in a family then it's a no brainer, if you are single you can share a membership with somebody else.

The rep you emailed was wrong. As others pointed out, Costco actually sells Squaretrade warranties for consoles now.

From costco.com:

COSTCO'S RISK FREE 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE

Membership:

We will refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.

Merchandise:

We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touchscreen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.

I do not think gaming consoles fall into any of those 90 day return categories.

I went by the warehouse I work at here in Wilmington, NC...the item number shows up in the system, but there's nothing showing on order, so I'm not sure we're getting any. I checked the Atlanta depot, same thing...though it could be shipped direct instead of via the depot. Still, if any were coming to the warehouse I'm at, it should show a quantity listed as on order, but it doesn't :whistle2:/

From costco.com:
COSTCO'S RISK FREE 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE

Membership:
We will refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.

Merchandise:
We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touchscreen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.

I do not think gaming consoles fall into any of those 90 day return categories.

They do. I asked upper management and several people in the major electronics department. It's 90 days, no ifs, ands or buts.

I can't find out for sure if Costco actually carries Squaretrade for consoles instore (could only find TV/camera/tablet plans in my area), but you can get a plan right through Squaretrade: http://www.squaretrade.com/videogames-warranty

I went by the warehouse I work at here in Wilmington, NC...the item number shows up in the system, but there's nothing showing on order, so I'm not sure we're getting any. I checked the Atlanta depot, same thing...though it could be shipped direct instead of via the depot. Still, if any were coming to the warehouse I'm at, it should show a quantity listed as on order, but it doesn't :whistle2:/

You need to do an area wide store lookup on the item number to see which warehouses will get it or have it on order. IIRC the only store by me that will have them for sure tomorrow is Burnsville, MN.

They do. I asked upper management and several people in the major electronics department. It's 90 days, no ifs, ands or buts.
That's a ridiculous statement when based upon one store's management. Gaming consoles do not equal computers. If the lifetime return does not apply then they need to update the list.

You need to do an area wide store lookup on the item number to see which warehouses will get it or have it on order. IIRC the only store by me that will have them for sure tomorrow is Burnsville, MN.
So obvious question, but for non-employees the only way to check if they'll have it in stock tomorrow is to call the specific warehouse and ask?

I spoke to my Costco's management staff earlier today, and they echoed MetalSlugger's claims that consoles bought now will only have a 90 day return policy. 

So I guess that makes it two stores.

I spoke to my Costco's management staff earlier today, and they echoed MetalSlugger's claims that consoles bought now will only have a 90 day return policy.

So I guess that makes it two stores.
Well OK, then they need to update their policy. If you look at the categories under Computers & Printers at costco.com, you see various computers and tablets (which are excluded from 90 day return) but no listing for video games.

If you look at the categories under Electronics, you see televisions, televisions, projectors, cameras & camcorders, cellular phones (which are all excluded categories). Video games are listed as a separate category under Electronics.

Maybe they intend to update the policy once the new consoles are officially release...

Well OK, then they need to update their policy. If you look at the categories under Computers & Printers at costco.com, you see various computers and tablets (which are excluded from 90 day return) but no listing for video games.

If you look at the categories under Electronics, you see televisions, televisions, projectors, cameras & camcorders, cellular phones (which are all excluded categories). Video games are listed as a separate category under Electronics.

Maybe they intend to update the policy once the new consoles are officially release...
The policy has already been updated. If you go into a Costco store, the printed policy they will hand you with your purchase clearly states that the return policy is 90 days for all consumer electronics now. In fact, this isn't a new policy at all and I recall getting a bright pink piece of paper when I bought a 3DS at Costco two Christmases ago that indicated that the return window was 90 days. A console is not a video game. I don't know why you're trying to make such a debate out of this.

That's a ridiculous statement when based upon one store's management. Gaming consoles do not equal computers. If the lifetime return does not apply then they need to update the list.
So despite the fact that they have the same internals as computers, run apps and gaming software - just like computers - does not equal computers?! :whee:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was in fact 90 days.

So obvious question, but for non-employees the only way to check if they'll have it in stock tomorrow is to call the specific warehouse and ask?
Will stores know when they'll actually get them in. Because I was told on the phone that they don't know for sure if they'll get them tomorrow. Is that already decided, or can that change?

Actually not a bad deal, exe members can get additional 2% back. However, if they are tax on the whole price then it is less of a deal since PS+ purchases are not taxed if bought alone.

I'll get this bundle for $20 a month after release during a clearance...

Wait, wrong thread? Still applies. Everyone else says this on every thread regarding a desired item, so screw it.

Costco's return policy makes some good stories to be told when you are waiting in line at the return desk.

I have never returned anything over 60 days at all the stores I shop at and I rarely do them past 30 days. I don't want to be made into a story. :lol:

Keep in mind that Costco.com and your local warehouse are two completely different things, so what's listed on the website isn't necessarily the policy instore.

The rep you emailed was wrong. As others pointed out, Costco actually sells Squaretrade warranties for consoles now.
That's shady. Why wouldn't they modify their policy statement to reflect this change?

I guess I won't be buying from Costco then.

I bought a 360 back in January, and I returned it last month no problem...

Just saying.

You had a misinformed service desk employee then, who probably got chewed out for allowing it. Game consoles are 90 days.

I bought a 360 back in January, and I returned it last month no problem...

Just saying.
While anything is possible, that is not the current policy and it wasn't the policy in place when I bought my 3DS. I suspect you got lucky and ended up with an uninformed customer service person.

That's shady. Why wouldn't they modify their policy statement to reflect this change?

I guess I won't be buying from Costco then.
It's not shady. When you go to check out, the clerk will hand you a slip of paper that gets stapled to the receipt that explains the electronics warranty is only 90 days. If you disagree with the policy, you can simply immediately turn around and take the console to customer service for a full refund.

bread's done
Back