Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

[OOS] PS4 "Launch Edition" back in stock at Amazon - no bundle required, $399.99

ps4 amazon playstation

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#31 kronix29

kronix29

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:31 AM

I ordered one.The wife said it was okay so what the hell.Now i hope they have xtra xbox 1,s next week so i can get 1 of them too.

#32 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:32 AM

What was the point of the Kindle Fire bundle if they were just going to put up plain PS4's at the same time? Weird...

You save $20 on the Kindle if you wanted one

#33 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

I ordered one.The wife said it was okay so what the hell.Now i hope they have xtra xbox 1,s next week so i can get 1 of them too.

So, your wife would be okay with spending a grand on video games?

#34 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:35 AM

If they have extra PS4 at 399, I'm more than confident they'll have additional XB1s. I'm just mad I didn't buy games during the B2G1 free deal earlier this week.

Posted Image

#35 Keero

Keero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:36 AM

I do find it odd that launch edition is available, but none of the ds4 and game bundles are.  I know for sure amazon can't be out of knack or are they?

#36 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:36 AM

I'm just mad I didn't buy games during the B2G1 free deal earlier this week.

Same

#37 bobman212

bobman212

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:37 AM

I do find it odd that launch edition is available, but none of the ds4 and game bundles are.  I know for sure amazon can't be out of knack or are they?

Probably not worth it to them to deal with it.

This will probably be sold out by the AM

#38 bobman212

bobman212

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:37 AM

Same

Can still get it on target.com

#39 R3DNate

R3DNate

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

Resist. You'll be feeling great for like a day or two riding the launch high, but then a week or two later once the launch passes, buyer's remorse will kick in.

Wait 6-12 months, when there's actually decent library of games to play.

There are 23 launch titles. The most by any console at launch by far. I got deals on the bundle with Killzone Shadow Fall. Then I B1G1 on NBA2K14 which looks so much better than last gen. and NFS Rivals (not sure how this will be). Then I did the best buy deal and combined that with $50 gift card I got for them not having COD Ghosts PS4 hardened available at that midnight launch (picked up next day so I got free $50 gc). I used that with my 20% off new gamers club unlocked - Knack, Battlefield 4, and ACIV! No games my butt. :P

#40 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I'm waiting for an Amazon BF deal on X1 and PS4 games

#41 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

so much for selling it on ebay for $1000, LOL

#42 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:47 AM

There are 23 launch titles. The most by any console at launch by far. I got deals on the bundle with Killzone Shadow Fall. Then I B1G1 on NBA2K14 which looks so much better than last gen. and NFS Rivals (not sure how this will be). Then I did the best buy deal and combined that with $50 gift card I got for them not having COD Ghosts PS4 hardened available at that midnight launch (picked up next day so I got free $50 gc). I used that with my 20% off new gamers club unlocked - Knack, Battlefield 4, and ACIV! No games my butt. :P

Quantity =/= Quality

And most of the games are multi-platform. Only couple of the games such as Knack and Killzone are exclusives for the PS4.

But hey, if that's enough for you, cool. I am just saying that with most people, it's easy to initially get caught up in the launch craze/high, only to feel buyer's remorse later on.

Edit: Believe me, I know the temptation. I've purchase systems at launch, and even had the PS4 pre-ordered on Amazon (and paid in full), only to cancel it shortly after the delay of Watch Dogs, and realizing what I personally felt to be sheer lack of quality/appealing software library at the PS4 launch, especially in regards to exclusives.

#43 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

so much for selling it on ebay for $1000, LOL

This.

People should have learned that lesson after the PS3 launch.

#44 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:50 AM

I bet a lot of eBay buyers will exploit the eBay return policy and just demand returns. 

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#45 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:53 AM

I bet a lot of eBay buyers will exploit the eBay return policy and just demand returns. 

i feel no sympathy for those sellers trying to make a quick buck, they knew the risk, when sony announced they were preparing for scalpers, by holding back stock.

#46 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:55 AM

This.

People should have learned that lesson after the PS3 launch.

Why would they have learned their lesson after the PS3 launch? I managed to get a PS3 on launch day and literally sold it on eBay that same afternoon for $1500 and had it in the mail ready to ship out overnight the next morning.

#47 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:58 AM

i feel no sympathy for those sellers trying to make a quick buck, they knew the risk, when sony announced they were preparing for scalpers, by holding back stock.

Yet people still pay for launch items.  Seriously.  A crew of Arab dudes rolled up to GameStop tonight and offered $800 each for 5 consoles.

#48 cdrw123

cdrw123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

Pics or it didn't happen

Yet people still pay for launch items. Seriously. A crew of Arab dudes rolled up to GameStop tonight and offered $800 each for 5 consoles.

#49 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

Why would they have learned their lesson after the PS3 launch? I managed to get a PS3 on launch day and literally sold it on eBay that same afternoon for $1500 and had it in the mail ready to ship out overnight the next morning.

Because there were some people like you who found in financial success on eBay, there were other stories of who people who tried to flip PS3 consoles on eBay, only for it to backfire on them.

#50 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

Yet people still pay for launch items.  Seriously.  A crew of Arab dudes rolled up to GameStop tonight and offered $800 each for 5 consoles.

they must be foreigners, becuase the ps4 are not release in certain arab countries until December 13, 2013

#51 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

so i was checking out my one hour ago order of a basic launch edition only to find that Amazon just cancelled it....contacting customer service to see what the hell just happened. 

#52 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

and scalpers can just return their copy to the store.. there is no risk for anyone except the retail stores

#53 Smashingly

Smashingly

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:11 AM

The US Dreamcast launch has it beat by one, lol. Not that 23 is bad!

#54 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

and scalpers can just return their copy to the store.. there is no risk for anyone except the retail stores

well, gas money, and time

#55 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

When eBay customers demand returns seller has to pay shipping most of the time, or else a negative feedback is most definitely left.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#56 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:17 AM

When eBay customers demand returns seller has to pay shipping most of the time, or else a negative feedback is most definitely left.

not really, sellers only pay for the return when there is a problem with the item, when it's buyers remorse the buyers pay the shipping and don't leave negatives.

#57 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

How can you return an item on eBay if the seller specifically states no returns in the listing as well as the setting when initially listing the item?

#58 vgmben

vgmben

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:20 AM

so i was checking out my one hour ago order of a basic launch edition only to find that Amazon just cancelled it....contacting customer service to see what the hell just happened. 

really? or you trying to hype it up 

#59 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:20 AM

How can you return an item on eBay if the seller specifically states no returns in the listing as well as the setting when initially listing the item?

you can lie and say it wasn't as described. Not that I would ever do that, but Ebay is beholden to it's buyers, not it's sellers.

#60 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:21 AM

really? or you trying to hype it up 

Why would I make that up?