Photo
- - - - -

High School Newspaper NOT allowed to ban "Redskins"...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

http://deadspin.com/...reds-1464742852

#2 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

who cares.  non issue is a non issue.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#3 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Wow...douche much?

#4 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

No.  It just isn't an issue and I stated as much.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#5 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

^ This here is the problem and why it is an issue.

Yeah, young people refuse to use a racist word in their exercise in journalism and old people come in protect "the good ol' days" and attempt to force use of the racist word. No, that has no significance at all. Especially not in light of the national controversy which I'm guessing this guy also thinks is a "non issue."

Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#6 ludus

ludus

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

Heard about this a couple days. Can't say I'm surprised when all this news is coming about The Washington Redskins and many wanting them to change their name. 

LeaptradeForumSignature.jpg

#7 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

I hope that name never changes solely because it's hilarious that it still exists. Seriously, it's outrageous and I sort of love it. How can anyone in their right mind name a professional sports team the Redskins? It's absolute gold. You typically can only find things that funny on the internet, but somehow this is real. It's so distasteful it's amusing. 

UjCoyFa.png

#8 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

^ This here is the problem and why it is an issue.

Yeah, young people refuse to use a racist word in their exercise in journalism and old people come in protect "the good ol' days" and attempt to force use of the racist word. No, that has no significance at all. Especially not in light of the national controversy which I'm guessing this guy also thinks is a "non issue."

Well could be worse.. you could have a group of people (i.e. Indians) running around all calling each other the racist word (i.e. redskins) but they don't because that would just be foolish...

wait a minute... 

#9 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

Well could be worse.. you could have a group of people (i.e. Indians) running around all calling each other the racist word (i.e. redskins) but they don't because that would just be foolish...

wait a minute...

Yeah...there's absolutely no difference between a complete stranger calling you a cocksucking asshole piece of shit and a good friend doing it cause you know...there's absolutely no such thing as context.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#10 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

This thread is cookin' with peanut oil!

#11 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

As an Indian I do not find this offensive at all.

#12 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

UNCLE TOM INDIAN STYLE UP IN HERE

#13 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

As a white person, I think I know more about what Native Americans find offensive than Native Americans do, okay?

#14 differman

differman

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

As a white person, I think I know more about what Native Americans find offensive than Native Americans do, okay?

Hey that's offensive

#15 gbpxl

gbpxl

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

I'm more a fan of the San Francisco Chinamen than the Redskins