GameStop - Donate $1 and receive 10% discount at end of year off one pre-owned game

RWVG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I went to my local GameStop today and they asked if I wanted to donate $1 to benefit St. Jude Children's Hospital. When my receipt printed they highlighted the following:

We sincerely thank you for making a donation to the children at St. Jude. Please bring back the following code between 12/26/13 through 1/5/14 & receive 10% off the purchase of a pre-owned game.

XXXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The GameStop employee said it will stack with the regular PUR discount. Not sure if anyone is aware of this yet. I Googled the following for extra info.

http://news.gamestop.com/press-release/community-giving/gamestop-plays-it-forward-and-partners-st-jude-childrens-research-hos

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/398193985770246145

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find anything in the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
They asked me about this when I bought Ghost and I said sure ill donate a $1 but im looking at the receipt and the coupon code is nowhere on it. Oh well its only 10%.

I wonder if this would stack with bday and/or or coupons/promos, probably not.  Last week I did see a sign about donating as well as a tip jar... the sign did mention St. Jude.

Wowww...

Way to be cheap OP

Lot of penny pinchers abusing the 1$ minimum to score a 0% discount

It's for charity you assholes. Give at least $5

They asked me about this when I bought Ghost and I said sure ill donate a $1 but im looking at the receipt and the coupon code is nowhere on it. Oh well its only 10%.
The charge should also be on the receipt. If it's missing, then you did not pay for it. The code is like 3/4 of the way down the receipt.

Wowww...

Way to be cheap OP

Lot of penny pinchers abusing the 1$ minimum to score a 0% discount

It's for charity you assholes. Give at least $5
Sure, I'll feed a troll. I gave $1 before I even knew they were giving a discount. Though I guess I should take "Way to be cheap" as a compliment on this site.

And if you have a problem with people donating a dollar for a discount, at least there will be donations that there wouldn't have been before (win/win).

bread's done
Back