walmart: 3DS XL Legend of Zelda system $199.96 (price mistake?)

DANIEL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
walmart online add for 11/17 to 11/23 is showing the 3DS XL Legend of Zelda system for $199.96 only valid nov 22 & nov 23 

is this a price mistake?

[attachment=952:3ds.JPG]

Doubtful that it is a mistake, most likely it is one of the early black friday-ish deals that they are doing.

Damn.. I would cancel my pre order but there is no trade credit at Walmart. :( it would have cost me $157 too.
$200-$10 gift card-$33 (sold TLOZ game) = $157...oh well
is nice deal though, since its basically a free game that comes with it now

Damn.. I would cancel my pre order but there is no trade credit at Walmart. :( it would have cost me $157 too.
bestbuy price match

I know you can make up that $20 lost with one flip :p

Last edited by a moderator:
bestbuy price match
I have it pre ordered at GS so I won't get charged tax. BB pm would make it $16.50 tax(8.25%) on $200. Even if I did that, I'm saving $3.50. Damn now that I think about it, Walmart is only good if I want to save $3.50. Screw that lol
I know you can make up that $20 lost with one flip :p
I never come out of pocket for anything more than $20

Well, seems like a great deal especially if people can just price match it elsewhere. Do most places match Black Friday deals? I checked at least TRU and they don't.

It's back at regular price. They advertise free shipping, but when you actually get through checkout it charges you $7.97 for it. Anyone else experience this?

My wife works at Walmart in customer service, and I already preordered one through them. Wondering if I can get the price adjusted since its cheaper now. I'm going to talk to her about it and find out.

Side note: If you preorder and decide to pay with PayPal like my dumb self did, they take the full amount right away. I was wondering why I was so low on money lol.

Not sure why people think this is a price mistake.   Its a 2 day only event for $20 off and it is the Holiday shopping season.   I could see if it was listed at $99 how one would believe it is a price mistake, but c'mon man.

Would GameStop price match? I just preordered mine last night cause it didn't look like any deals were gonna be on this bundle.
Gamestop has never/will never price match.

sorry

Also, time to call best buy support and try to price math this tomorrow. if not I'll just cancel my BB order... threaten to cancel!

When you think about it, you're paying $50 for a cool design and the game.
I actually think the 3DS's half color X & half color Y design is complete shit. I plan on a getting a case or skin regardless of what model I get. Plus, I hate digital releases of games.

On the other hand, it could end up being pretty valuable down the line so... that would be a plus. Hm... decisions, decisions.:whistle2:k

Would GameStop price match? I just preordered mine last night cause it didn't look like any deals were gonna be on this bundle.
All Customers must pay full MSRP or Must pay extra $5 for GS Exclusive items (hint Zelda). All customers must get RIP off on all Trade. Please do not ask Price Match at GS. Why? They'll kick you out of the store ASAP or You sure have bad Service. Unless you Pre-order something is another story. lol

All Customers must pay full MSRP or Must pay extra $5 for GS Exclusive items (hint Zelda). All customers must get RIP off on all Trade. Please do not ask Price Match at GS. Why? They'll kick you out of the store ASAP or You sure have bad Service. Unless you Pre-order something is another story. lol
technically, you cannot pricematch at gamestop, but for you can do return, then rebuy at gamestop if the price drops 30 days. on the receipt, it would say something like price adjustment.

It'll probably be like the original Zelda 3DS...and in my experience, that one was around at my closest Best But for a few weeks.

I think the best availability you can hope for with this is like the Mario Kart XL bundles, around for a bit but eventually gone forever.

So some people over at slick deals managed to get a price match, others not for best buy.

I just got off the phone with best buy.  They said since the item is a preorder they can't do a pricematch yet.  I think I was talking to the wrong department honestly.  They did tell me that I can bring the ad and do a price match no problem though.  So I guess during the craziness that is black friday, I will do this.  Makes it a pretty solid deal.  I sold off my Zelda game code for $30 already.  Makes the Zelda XL only $170, then buying the physical copy of Zelda.

So some people over at slick deals managed to get a price match, others not for best buy.

I just got off the phone with best buy. They said since the item is a preorder they can't do a pricematch yet. I think I was talking to the wrong department honestly. They did tell me that I can bring the ad and do a price match no problem though. So I guess during the craziness that is black friday, I will do this. Makes it a pretty solid deal. I sold off my Zelda game code for $30 already. Makes the Zelda XL only $170, then buying the physical copy of Zelda.
This sale is a week before BF.

Just got off the phone w/ Best Buy and got the PM. I had a similar issue where they stated the price isn't valid until the 22nd but countered saying that their item is a pre-order and won't be available until the 22nd either. Also, if your phone rep was like mine and was looking at the flyers through the mobile site instead of the full website, you may have to explain differently how to find the correct flyer. On Walmart's mobile site, they'll have to flick through the images of the front pages of the flyers, and it's the fourth on the mobile site rather than the third/middle on the desktop website.

As a side note, I used a bunch of RZ certificates and was surprised to learn they work like store credit and any amount paid w/ them is not taxed. Huh, in all my years as an RZ member, I never realized that.

I'll be price matching this when I pick up my preorder from Best Buy on Friday. Saving $20 is worth it. Now to just stop by a Walmart and pick up an ad.

I think the best availability you can hope for with this is like the Mario Kart XL bundles, around for a bit but eventually gone forever.

Yeah this will not be hard to find for at least a week or two. I live in a small market and I counted 12 of these on the sales floor. They are street dated so you can't buy them yet (registers won't allow)

I'll be price matching this when I pick up my preorder from Best Buy on Friday. Saving $20 is worth it. Now to just stop by a Walmart and pick up an ad.
Is that a store pickup from an online order? The last I heard in-store pre-orders were not available.

this is tempting....I was planing on getting a standard 3DS XL at target on BF for $150 but those are only doorbusters right?  that means they will only have a few at that price

I pre ordered from best buy and then called like 20 minutes after and got the customer rep to PM and credit my PayPal back $20. Havn't seen the credit post back to my PayPal account yet, but I'm sure it will soon.

The Best Buy reps I spoke with were completely inept, couldn't find the price because they were looking it up by SKU and refused to look at the ad. After speaking with three different people, I said fuck it, cancelled my order and I'll just go in on Friday to pick it up with a price match. So much for being an Elite Plus member ... no wonder Best Buy is going out of business in the next year or two ...

I pre ordered from best buy and then called like 20 minutes after and got the customer rep to PM and credit my PayPal back $20. Havn't seen the credit post back to my PayPal account yet, but I'm sure it will soon.
Spoke with like three different people who told me I could absolutely NOT PM a pre-order. So I guess I'm going to Walmart at midnight, buy one, go to BB and get my in-store pick-up & try to PM. If I can, I'll return the one to Walmart; otherwise, I'm cancelling with BB. I've spent nearly two hours on the phone with BB this weekend trying to sort out absolute wankery, and I feel like I never want to put another $ in their pockets. So sick of dealing with inconsistent/inept CS.

Man, I'm so glad you guys had problems too (wait, that came out wrong). I mean best buy customer service was the worst. The first agent I got, obviously put their headset down as I could hear them talking to someone else about the weather in the distance, then the phone hangs up. Alright, I call a second time, the lady I got was nice but so incompetent, it took her twenty minutes with perfect instructions to finally get to the ad. Only to be told, sorry I can't do that here I need to transfer you. I get transferred, the lady I talk to sees the ad in like two minutes with my instructions, she tells me let me put you on hold while I adjust the price. Yay! oh but then after being on hold for a few minutes, she hangs up. I check my order, no price change. Call again, another person tells me they can't do it from their department so I get transferred again to postpurchase support. Except this time someone picks up the and immediately hangs up. Alright, this time I went and got the Ad from walmart so I can just pricematch when I pick it up. But hey, lets try one more time. This time, I get Mark. Mark, was nice and attentive, seemed to give a shit and when I told him that this was my fifth time calling after being put on hold and not like in a fake way. So he talks to me, actually being informative and helpful on policy. He says, according to the rules he can't do it and to let him talk to his manager. He comes back and tells that he can't do it and offers me a fifteen dollar gift card. So at this point, I said, "Mark I'd like to talk to your supervisor and not about the adjustment, that's policy and I get that you can't do anything about it. I want to tell your supervisor what a terrible experience I've had (I'd been on the phone about an hour and 15 minutes at this point) and what a great experience I've had with you." So I politely tell the supervisor (who was also nice) all this stuff I just mentioned and that I'm not upset that they won't price match, I was upset by the level of ineptness that I had encountered, that good customer service was worth more than $20 and that if I'm making a $220 purchase I expect a level of service that borders on functioning. I went on to praise the guy I had and how great he was and how they should appreciate employees like him. I know that customer service people tend to deal with angry people so I feel it's important to let them know when they've done a great job. I also feel it's important to note that while this was happening, my tone was calm and concerned rather than angry. I wanted to make sure management noticed it's good employees, too bad their few and far between. /endrant

TLDR: Customer service sucks, I didn't get the pricematch and the Ad is available at walmart, you might have a better shot getting the adjustment in store on release day.

bread's done
Back