Walmart lowering prices to match some competitors BF deals this Friday

FlashStash

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
"Black Friday is our Super Bowl and we plan to win," said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising and marketing officer, Walmart U.S.

Ok. Put the Zelda Wii U Deluxe for $240 or less and you win!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn now I have to price match the xbox one games at best buy in the morning. That will save me $30+ dollars.  Plus RZGU 20% off and $10 RZ certs for pre-order. GG  

Do they have a full list of the deals somewhere? I was excited at first but this seems pretty slim.

Lulz, games at a whole $10 off, wow, GG Walmart.

They won BF a few weeks ago when then games were $19 each.
Better than no discount, although TRU's B1G140% off might be best for next-gen.

Edit: Scratch that, B1G140% doesn't work on next-gen.

Dont forget that AmEx cardholders can get $20 back when they spend $79 at Walmart.com through My Offers on your account page. 

Thanks OP.  I want Skylanders & Disney for my kid so this is a chance to score them early and not have to worry on BF so I can shop for other games.  Unfortunately it probably means I'll have to be at my 24hr Walmart several hours early just to get them in the cart before the flippers and hoarders.  With the $10 Skylanders coupon from the chip bags, this deal is impossible to pass up.

Dropping $10 is almost like giving a free game. Almost. Keep up the tight competition there Walmart. Lmao...and I love how they answer it AFTER the hype died.

Is that for every version of Skylanders? The wife has pretty much told me she's trying to get it for that price for me for Christmas and frankly I'd prefer it on PS4.

I'd rather pay 50% more anywhere else than try and wade through the filthy mess that Walmart is going to be next weekend.  

It distinctly says it does not in the FAQ section of the membership
It worked for a bit, at least, even if it wasn't supposed to. My receipt, from matching the target b2g1 on the 10th, shows them price matching the 3 games at 39.99 each then lists the reward cert I used and GCU discount (oddly they both show as $0 discounts) to bring the total on each game down to 11.xx.
I could look for the receipt, if it hasn't been thrown away, to give a more precise account of how it worked, but it sounds like its a moot point now. It wasn't supposed to work, and it sounds like they fixed it.

Better than no discount, although TRU's B1G140% off might be best for next-gen.

Edit: Scratch that, B1G140% doesn't work on next-gen.
The B1G140% off is only marginally better than Wal-mart's $49.99 price point on next gen games. Though, saving $4 and not going to WM is a huge win.

Is TRU's B1G140% valid in-store only or online too?

I hate that the BF thread fails to mention that every time, for every store.

All I want are a few games from Best Buy. So the real question is, will they sell me their own games at the Black Friday price early or make me buy them from Walmart and completely skip their store? I can guarantee that management at this companies are trying to figure out what to do. I hate Walmart for a variety of reasons but if this allows me to not go out on Thanksgiving then I will consider it. Plus I have a nice little $10 gift card from their website problems a few weeks ago.

All I want are a few games from Best Buy. So the real question is, will they sell me their own games at the Black Friday price early or make me buy them from Walmart and completely skip their store? I can guarantee that management at this companies are trying to figure out what to do. I hate Walmart for a variety of reasons but if this allows me to not go out on Thanksgiving then I will consider it. Plus I have a nice little $10 gift card from their website problems a few weeks ago.
I want The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls for as cheap as I can get. $25 each at Walmart next week is a promising price, but I would have to spend either $35 each to get them both (Meijer has them for $30, but they may not have the sales online) or $30 to get the GZU for 2 years of 20% off (I have until Dec 31st to decide), then I can get the two games for $28 each for a total of $86 on Black Friday. So I figure... for $36 more, I can get a guaranteed 20% deduction on new games with all the old benefits for the next 2 years (including Cyber Monday 2013, post-holiday sales, and Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014) and not have to deal with Walmart on Black Friday.

Guess I'll have to scrounge up some cash.

"Black Friday is our Super Bowl and we plan to win," said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising and marketing officer, Walmart U.S.

Ok. Put the Zelda Wii U Deluxe for $240 or less and you win!
That's what I paid for my WiiU last summer. =)

Anyone know if any of the retailers will have a deal on Mario 3D World for BF?

bread's done
Back