Photo
- - - - -

Selling GTX 680 FTW+ 4GB + Other PC Components!

Gaming PC GTX 680 FTW+ i5 8gb

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Point Man

Point Man

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Selling my PC in pieces (Decided it would sell faster that way). I am moving back to console gaming and getting a PS4/Xbox One :). PM me if you want to make a deal. Also, this is my first time selling a PC/Parts. If some of my prices are wrong feel free to let me know. Thanks! *PC is a few months old, All parts fully functional. The only note i need to make about the items' quality is that the system these parts where in wasn't used very often, so all the items might be dusty. Of course i did clean the computer periodically but it's just a warning that you might get something with dust on it. I'll be posting Pictures in a few hours from now, so please be patient! I will try to include as much stuff with the main item as i can that shipped with it originally. Example: All the screws, wires, & packaging. They'll probably be in the pictures i take later.

Shipping From New York City, New York.

NZXT Phantom Black ATX Full Tower Computer Case (PHAN-001BK) (4 Fans Included, Front 3.5mm Headphone Jack is damaged/not working properly. Sound usually only comes out of 1 ear) - $69.99 + $5 Shipping

SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128D/AM 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) Desktop Upgrade Kit (MZ-7PC128D/AM) (Comes with the SSD, a 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch bracket, 1 or two screws, Norton Ghost 15.0 Software, Samsung SSD Magician Software. $79.99 + $5 Shipping SOLD

If you have any questions, please contact me! Thank you.

Pictures

#2 Vanacloud

Vanacloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

Question about the Ram.  I Currently have a G skill DDR 3 1600 2 X 4gb.  If i buy your Corsair vengeance 2 x 4gb ddr 3 1866, would it have compatibility issues on my system?

#3 Point Man

Point Man

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

You mean you want to use both the G skill and the Corsair together? Or do you want to replace the G Skill? I don't know if you can use them together, but if you wanted to replace your G skill then it would depend on what motherboard you have, if your motherboard supports it or not.

#4 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

Question about the Ram.  I Currently have a G skill DDR 3 1600 2 X 4gb.  If i buy your Corsair vengeance 2 x 4gb ddr 3 1866, would it have compatibility issues on my system?

As long as your motherboard is compatible with the speed of his Corsair RAM, and they run close to the same voltage, you can combine them with your GSkill RAM, but there's a very small chance the 1600MHZ RAM will overclock (& remain stable) at 1866MHZ. Basically, you will have to run the Corsair at 1600MHZ, which kinda defeats the purpose of getting the faster speed.You would probably gain more from replacing the GSkill 1600 RAM with the Corsair 1866MHZ, and sell the GSKill. That way you'd have faster RAM, and unless you run AutoCAD or a similarly demanding 3D design program, I doubt youll have a need for all 16GB in the next couple of years. If you just want for the price, then short answer is yes you can use his RAM (considering mobo supports), but depending on the rest of your system, and whether or not you overclock anything in your system, it may be more trouble than it's worth.

#5 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

Those are some nice components, Point Man! What makes you build a nice rig like that, then do a 180 & go back to console gaming? I admit I like console gaming better myself, but I own so many games I have yet to play on PC, I couldn't justify it. I need another 680, but mine's a 2GB GTX680 SC Signature 2, so your card wouldn't do me any good (though if I could afford it, I'd probably sell mine & buy yours, as I suggested to Vanacloud about the RAM. The 4GB card would be much betterfor SLI). So many PC elitists would hate you for selling such good stuff to get consoles, lol.

I wish I at least had enough to get that 830 SSD from you. I need another drive. Could you glance at my list& see if I have anything that could go toward that SSD, please (unless you're only selling)? Did you not have another HDD? Either way, I sure am curious about the reason your selling, though. You'd probably do better locally, that way you save on shipping, and stuff doesn't get damaged. You might glance on local Craig's List & see if someone is looking for a computer (probably get ~20% more). Toobad this wasn't 6 months ago, or I'd have been able to get all of it from you :cry:. Whatever the reason, best of luck, bud. I hate seeing you get rid of it all, but it will go to a good home, I'm sure.

#6 IVIauricius

IVIauricius

Games, Soccer, Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

bump, PM sent.

#7 Point Man

Point Man

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

Those are some nice components, Point Man! What makes you build a nice rig like that, then do a 180 & go back to console gaming? I admit I like console gaming better myself, but I own so many games I have yet to play on PC, I couldn't justify it. I need another 680, but mine's a 2GB GTX680 SC Signature 2, so your card wouldn't do me any good (though if I could afford it, I'd probably sell mine & buy yours, as I suggested to Vanacloud about the RAM. The 4GB card would be much betterfor SLI). So many PC elitists would hate you for selling such good stuff to get consoles, lol.

I wish I at least had enough to get that 830 SSD from you. I need another drive. Could you glance at my list& see if I have anything that could go toward that SSD, please (unless you're only selling)? Did you not have another HDD? Either way, I sure am curious about the reason your selling, though. You'd probably do better locally, that way you save on shipping, and stuff doesn't get damaged. You might glance on local Craig's List & see if someone is looking for a computer (probably get ~20% more). Toobad this wasn't 6 months ago, or I'd have been able to get all of it from you :cry:. Whatever the reason, best of luck, bud. I hate seeing you get rid of it all, but it will go to a good home, I'm sure.

To be honest, i guess i just missed console gaming. I've been gaming on consoles my whole life, and only the past 2 years on PC. PC is great and all, but some things about it bug me. Like crap ports all the time, getting games late, all digital vs physical, DRM issues, it just all adds up after a while. For me, i guess i just want to go back to the ease of mind (imo) provided by consoles. Plus there are so many great console exclusives that i miss out on. I just hope i can actually sell the PC, as i've heard selling high end parts is a pain. I'm planning on using the money to pick up a PS4 and Xbox One.

Edit: Also, yes i did have a 1TB WD Black HDD.

#8 Point Man

Point Man

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

Bump.

#9 Point Man

Point Man

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

Edit: Added Pictures to OP. Pictures were also used for a different website that required putting certain info with the pictures. Hope that's not breaking any rules :/.

#10 Point Man

Point Man

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

Bump.

#11 Point Man

Point Man

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Bump.