FREE Tearaway Vita Wallpaper in OP; game on sale 4 $29.99 @ Best Buy, Amazon

Electroplasm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
11/22/2013 - Purchased @ Gamestop In-Store

The Iota & Atoi Vita Charms (look like little keychains) were not announced as pre-order bonuses in N.A. but Gamestop got them anyway.

Explained that the Gamestop website made no mention of the charms and politely asked for the pre-order bonus dlc code, which was printed on the receipt. YMMV

The pre-order dlc code includes:

Audiolicious Tearaway Soundtrack with bonus track
    Opulent iota and atoi costumes for LittleBigPlanet
    Exclusive skin for the in-game rideable pig*, and printable papercraft plan to match
    Splendiferous iota and atoi Avatars for use on PlayStation Network
    Resplendent PlayStation Vita Wallpaper

11/24/2013 - Purchased Tearaway @ Best Buy for $25 after GCU

Returned the factory-sealed game to Gamestop and was refunded $40. Purchased Tearaway @ Best Buy for $25. Got the game, the 2 charms, and the dlc code for $25 total.

11/26/2013 - FREE Tearaway Wallpaper for your Vita and Start Screen

Just got my pre-order bonus Vita Wallpaper! It appears that the address given for the pre-order bonus can be used by everyone.

tearaway-wallpaper.jpg

Directions:

1. Save the image and transfer to your Vita.

2. Set the background to the Tearaway wallpaper.

3. You may also set the start screen to the Tearaway wallpaper by browsing your photos. Select photo and go to settings. Choose "Set as Start Screen."

Last edited by a moderator:
That is indeed great stuff for retail. I like your politeness and everything, but unfortunately you are a better person than I am. I just can't stand GameStop.

Cool, thanks for the info. Did these come in a box with the game or was it given separately? Might take one for myself at my store lol :p

That is indeed great stuff for retail. I like your politeness and everything, but unfortunately you are a better person than I am. I just can't stand GameStop.
I admire your dedication.

Too many people claim to hate and view to not support a retailer, but go ahead when they see a good deal.

It's a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions that this game will go under the radar. It's even weirder that in a race for which loser deserves it more that one of the best Mario games in years will likely serve the same fate (though Tearaway will likely sell much worse being unknown IP).

There's a demo on the PSN to play it. To the defense of CAG, the game appears very short with only collectibles to bolster replay but it just seems so absurdly charming and well executed that I hope any VIta owner even remotely interested gives it a try.

I'll try to hunt down those keychains because I didn't get one. And I want them.

I had no idea this was coming out already. Will have to see if I can get the preorder goodies at my local store. I doubt they will have anything since this area is not very Playstation friendly.

It's a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions that this game will go under the radar. It's even weirder that in a race for which loser deserves it more that one of the best Mario games in years will likely serve the same fate (though Tearaway will likely sell much worse being unknown IP).

There's a demo on the PSN to play it. To the defense of CAG, the game appears very short with only collectibles to bolster replay but it just seems so absurdly charming and well executed that I hope any VIta owner even remotely interested gives it a try.

I'll try to hunt down those keychains because I didn't get one. And I want them.
This is the one reason why I never understood all the praise it got. I beat the story in like 5 hours (getting 94% of the collectibles) and even then, I know for a fact you can do it MUCH faster if you ignore every pointless collectible / trophy. Probably close to the 1 - 2 hour range. Even with collectibles, it isn't that long and despite having no help (I believe I was the first to platinum the game), I was able to do it in a 33 hour span of time. I mean, it's a fantastic looking game that plays well, but there is just no content with little to nothing to do after you finish it.

This is the one reason why I never understood all the praise it got. I beat the story in like 5 hours (getting 94% of the collectibles) and even then, I know for a fact you can do it MUCH faster if you ignore every pointless collectible / trophy. Probably close to the 1 - 2 hour range. Even with collectibles, it isn't that long and despite having no help (I believe I was the first to platinum the game), I was able to do it in a 33 hour span of time. I mean, it's a fantastic looking game that plays well, but there is just no content with little to nothing to do after you finish it.
I don't understand your premise - it can't get praise if it's short? That makes no sense, a shorter but excellent game can still be well-regarded.

I don't understand your premise - it can't get praise if it's short? That makes no sense, a shorter but excellent game can still be well-regarded.
What is not to get? I don't think it offers enough content to justify the price, so I am surprised it was well received. I found it even more confusing, when you see games like Knack getting completely DESTROYED review wise. I mean, Tearaway is a journey like experience game, which has 16 total levels. Two of them are glorified tutorials (you can't even jump until midway/almost the end of the second level), another stage is just a routing location you can rush through in a minute or two and the last two stages are walking in a straight line (not even possible to die) and opening the message. So in reality, we're talking about a game that is at most 14 stages long. So despite being a short, mostly experience driven game that will take you about 10 hours to PLATINUM, the game receives a 85 metacritic average. Mind you, the lowest this game got was a 6 from 1 site and a 7 from myself, with everything else being 75+ or so.

On the opposite end, we have Knack, which has 12 reviews that are sub 50. Not because the game is a technical nightmare, but because it isn't revolutionary (nor was it going for that...) and the gameplay is shallow (not that this stopped Tearaway from being amazing). In fact, Knack was reviewed so poorly that it is sitting on a 56 metacritic average. This is a whole 29 points lower than Tearaway, which might be a better game, but not to the point where it's a whole third better than Knack.

Anyway, to get back on subject. I am surprised a game like Knack can get absolutely destroyed in reviews, where as Tearaway can average a 9 with far less content.

Man who cares about reviews???? Doesn't matter if a game is slammed or loved. if ya like knack ya like knack. The game is worth whatever you think it's worth. They BOTH provide enough enjoyment to justify the price!

The quality of a game has very little to do with its length.

Some don't find satisfaction in pointlessly long games.
Love the smart ass reply. No joke, I really do. Bravo! :applause:

However! I simply said that length can affect satisfaction and satisfaction can affect quality. So while you're 100% correct, you're still basically agreeing with me. :3

Your being harsh there. Nobody's doing anything wrong. Especially for a flag and ban. Pfff.
Thanks, I was offended by his baseless accusation. I bought Tearaway on Friday @ Gamestop. I had no idea the game was going to be on sale less than 48 hrs. later. I returned the still-sealed Tearaway to Gamestop on Sunday and re-purchased it for $25. No harm, no foul.

Anyway, I finally figured out how to get the Vita wallpaper. I posted a link in the OP so you can grab the wallpaper too. :bouncy: :hot: :whee: :wave:

This is my entire issue with single player games. Length =/= Quality for sure however paying so much for something that lasts so little time (by video game standards) is hard to justify the price even when wanting to support the devs. We're all consumers and want to get our fair moneys worth right? The Unfinished Swan is another example. I wanted to get the game and support them day one but reading reviews that the game can be beat in under 3 hours I couldn't justify the $15 purchase. Of course I picked it up on sale for $3.75 and loved every moment but had I payed the full amount I would have succumb to buyers remorse even though the games quality is high.

Proteus is my latest buyers remorse situation. I knew what it was sure, a very experimental walk around-y type game with oldschool looking graphics but thought with random islands it would be a unique experience each time or at least give you things to look at. Was totally wrong, play it once for 30 minutes or so and you've pretty much seen it all. Nothing ever really feels different and the GPS mapping type feature to shape islands around your location totally doesn't work. Hurt me deep, right in the billfold.

bread's done
Back