Crimson Dragon Changed Between Review & Release

Spybreak8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well this is something according to Kotaku the feedback that came out of Crimson Dragon reviews was implemented into the game and since the new Xbox One, and PS4 for that matter, are connected those changes are what the players will be experiencing. Well most gamers will likely not play the game since everyone, including myself, thought that the reviews for the game were ehh to meh - with a few decents in the mix. After getting mixed reviews, like what was observed wtih Ryse, Yukio Futatsugi stated:

"I'm excited to have the opportunity to make these changes before the game releases on Xbox One this week", he says. "Thank you all for the feedback. You are truly helping me make 'Crimson Dragon' the game that I hoped it would be."P
So one of the negatives that many critics said about Crimson Dragon might have been addressed?! Why am I hearing about that now (this story was written Friday btw)? It's typical fashion for reviewers to not change their initial review scores but now with the structure of how games will be updated so frequently I think they'll need to see a change. So depending on how much you like the genre of rail shooters or Orta take the reviews with a grain of salt maybe.

I hope this makes a difference.  If I have one disappointment with the launch titles for the Xbox One, it's this.  I didn't buy it based on the horrid reviews and this was one I was really looking forward to.  I was a big fan of Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 on the Saturn.  If I have some Ms credit burning a hole in my pocket or if this goes on sale, I'll pick it up still. 

F it, im gonna use my $20 msstore gta v preorder credit on this

loved the orig on saturn and orta on og. Xbox and phantom dust while it lasted..

ill post some feedback later

EDIT: I would buy it if MS would let me, I've tried via the store on console, my phone, and now my pc and get the same message

Asks me to try a different payment method and displays:

Error

"PBR9002

fe10b4a4-5758-42bc-bfda-c3ff92cbef9f
2013/11/24"

May have to do with the fact im using $20 MS credit on my account and have to use a CC to pay the tax.. I bet if I tried to pay the whole thing with my card it would let me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye I was all set to get this Day One and then was held back by the horrid reviews. Would love to hear some updated impressions.

i'm enjoying the game myself, and have been a fan of panzer dragoon since the launch of the saturn! Played this at SDCC last july, and that solidified my purchase. Even with the difficulty and everything, i'm having fun!

I've logged a good 3-5 hours (profile says 43 hours guess I left it on). Have 1 level 7 dragon starter, level 3 rider.

Game is setup into a variety of bite sized chunks called missions. Each of these has scripted events like collecting experience seeds( think of an on rails collect the items flying at you) or kill specific enemies, bosses, and some have time requirements, not completing in time does not result in failure. The game will compare your results to your friends/followers each section. Enemies have an affinity that are strong and weak against.

You can customize skill attacks to maximize effectiveness (these are drops you teach each dragon permanently). Skills can be changed out before missions and you can add a 1 mission boost (drop often in missions) before you start.

Every enemy has a chance of dropping items of different rarity: money, attribute boosts, new dragon skills ( I've gotten one so far). So it would seem you are encouraged to grind the missions. I have 3 areas to choose from at this time it may be 4 not sure with missions in each. I have not revisited any missions at this time.

So in short is it fun? Yes.
Will you need to replay missions? Yes.
Can it be awkward to dodge enemy attacks? Depends, barrel roll helps and some dragons will move faster i suspect (agility stat).
Can you tell the game was designed to be on rails? Yes, you will automatically fly through holes in the environment but you will take damage in some sections when colliding with the environment.

Is it frustrating? Not sure. I have a high tolerance for a challenge. I have been playing on the classic difficulty.

Thanks for the insight, Heat.  I was so looking forward to this.  When I have some down-game time, maybe in January, I might pick this up.

Very nice in-depth review East, I feel a lot of reviewers prob didn't compare the game or even know of Side Story's existence. I think then the microtransactions would have been taken in check. As long as the game gives you the ability to earn the same thing through in-game progress I don't see it as gouging customers.

bread's done
Back