I Need Accessories For My New 3DS XL

I'd recommend getting one of the $6 grips for the 3DS on ebay.  They are cheaper than the others you'll find and work perfectly.  It feels more like an XBox 360 controller once you snap that on.

I picked up this case for mine (I don't use a clear case). Make sure you buy from eForCity
http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Compatible-Nintendo-3DS-XL-Black/dp/B009E0QO8O/ref=pd_sim_vg_2

You can save a little bit by buying through eBay.
I Just ordered that on amazon for $8.59 shipped. It seems like the best case for the price.

My PSP case I payed a dollar and change for on ebay so its hard to justify even the price I payed now.

It beats those Hori cases though IMO. Yeah the quality of the case may be a little better but its maily cosmetic purposes and not so much any safer for your gameboy yet almost double the price at $14.99.

The CAG in me made me go this route. I was thinking of using my gameboy with no case but I realize I don't want to get it scratched up and its worth the investment to get a case.

I picked up this case for mine (I don't use a clear case). Make sure you buy from eForCity
http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Compatible-Nintendo-3DS-XL-Black/dp/B009E0QO8O/ref=pd_sim_vg_2

You can save a little bit by buying through eBay.
The Amazon Basics seems pretty good quality and only slightly more. http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Carrying-Case-Nintendo-3DS-Lite/dp/B0050SVPCO/ref=pd_cp_vg_0

Any comparison? I got one of those for my kid and she likes it. Iam not sure that it's better than the eForCity or not, but Amazon Basics do a very good job of quality functional bags.

I got myself the other top loading style http://www.amazon.com/3DS-Leather-holds-Cartridge-Nintendo-DS/dp/B003QWYX8E/ref=pd_cp_vg_1

because I just thought it was easier to get to on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Amazon Basics seems pretty good quality and only slightly more. http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Carrying-Case-Nintendo-3DS-Lite/dp/B0050SVPCO/ref=pd_cp_vg_0

Any comparison? I got one of those for my kid and she likes it. Iam not sure that it's better than the eForCity or not, but Amazon Basics do a very good job of quality functional bags.

I got myself the other top loading style http://www.amazon.com/3DS-Leather-holds-Cartridge-Nintendo-DS/dp/B003QWYX8E/ref=pd_cp_vg_1

Looking at the Amazon Basics, the eForCity has a pocket and can hold one extra game. I actually had the Hort Retro Lugi on backorder, but canceled it for the eForCity due to it being 1/3 the price and having that pocket. I can put a USB charger, earbuds and cloth in the pocket.

Looking at the Amazon Basics, the eForCity has a pocket and can hold one extra game. I actually had the Hort Retro Lugi on backorder, but canceled it for the eForCity due to it being 1/3 the price and having that pocket. I can put a USB charger, earbuds and cloth in the pocket.
Nice...then I'm sold. I needed one for my wife as well.

$10 dollars at walmart on clearance 1 3DS XL case
With a car charger, 3 stylus, 1 screen wipe, 2 game cases ( each holds two 3DS& two DS games)
And ear buds and two screen protectors.
Cancelled my $8.59 order case from eforcity.

Can't beat this for $10 bucks. Almost as good as my $1 dollar PSP case only because of all the extras with it.

I will leave my original stylus in my 3DS XL 24/7 so I don't lose the official one and just use these third party ones. And I wasn't going to use screen protectors but since I got them bundled in with my case I will put them on. That's a $1-2 dollars right there.

The ear buds are so crappy quality they won't work. They work just not loud enough to be practical to hear.

But overall the starter kit is still worth it just for the case alone. Normal price is $19.99 but on clearance it was $10.00.

I do. Had them on the 3ds and have a top screen protector on my xl. Would buy a hori or better brand if they ho on sale.

I do. Had them on the 3ds and have a top screen protector on my xl. Would buy a hori or better brand if they ho on sale.
In your experience, does the screen protector interfere with the stylus on the touch screen?

In your experience, does the screen protector interfere with the stylus on the touch screen?
That's what I'm worried about. The clamshell should save most of it, and the bottom screen I know will get a little scratched with the pointer, but I rather it work better than protected and not as functioning.

When I had it on the 3ds, there is no issue. Currently do not have one on the bottom of the xl. Waiting for a sale on them at best buy or somewhere. Anyone recommend a good cheap protector? I personally hate installing them since I am OCD against dust and bubbles.

When I tried putting screen protectors on my PSP I had too many bubbles and gave up and took it off.

That $10 dollar clearance 3DS XL starter kit came with 1 set of screen protectors one for top and bottom screen.

I got them on nearly perfect. A few tiny bubbles that I think will work their way out in time. You only notice them when then screen is off. When the system is on and light is coming through the screen you don't notice the bubbles.

I am going to leave both on this time. I think that bottom one helps a lot,  playing Mario and Luigi dream team I notice there is a lot of use of the stylus so I imagine it varies with games. Since PSP didn't have a touch screen it was a lot easier to ignore as you just have to avoid actually touching the screen.

At the same time my Galaxy tab 7 tablet and my Android phone both don't have screen protectors. The tablet is in good condition from taking care of it. The phone is dinged up from dropping it too many times as I get out of the car.

When it comes down to it I would have not gone out the way to get screen protectors on there own had they not been a part of the starter kit. I will leave them on though regardless of the few annoying bubbles, because I know its protecting that bottom screen a lot and I can easily take them off whenever. Just probably can't be reused and I can' be arsed with buying another set just to get it on more pretty.

This is why I bought a 2nd bundle through the sales. Originally bought the Zelda bundle first for $150 then decided to keep it sealed for collectors sake when I thought about its condition and rarity. So I bought the M&L bundle also. Which is the one I applied the screen protectors too. Zelda is sitting minty sealed.

I really think that a protector us not needed since its a clamshell and if its an adult using it. As for me, I have a two years old that plays with it. I have seen her stab the touch screen and drag the stylus over the top screen. Have finally taught her that she can only touch the bottom screen.

I use a cheap protector off eBay and have had no issues with the touch sensitivity.  My DS Lite didn't have them and there were light scratches that could only be seen when the system was off.  They have to be perfect though as imperfections drive me crazy.

I have never had to replace a protector other than for bubbles caused by me installing them..

That leather case looks nice as hell...but it only holds three cartidges...

That leather case looks nice as hell...but it only holds three cartidges...
That gives me four games, which is plenty for my daily use. (Plus I have the digital games) I've got another game only case to add for long trips. http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Game-Card-Compatible-Nintendo-Smoke/dp/B007PX6MFM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1388424503&sr=8-2&keywords=3ds+game+case

I am personally fine with the trade off with 4 games & this style of case which I like better than the clamshell case.

This is the starter kit I ended up getting at walmart on clearance for $10.00

http://www.amazon.com/Official-3DS-XL-Starter-Kit-Nintendo/dp/B009SHV6DG

Pink version is $14.99 good price.  I would have got pink but my walmart had all blue.

Walmart in Gilroy CA has a lot of these on clearance for 10.00 I saw at least like 6 more.

Soft case holds your system snug to keep it safe.

• Includes 1 System Case, 3 Replacement Styluses, Game Card Holder, Cleaning Cloth, Ear Buds and Screen Protectors for both screens.
  • Game Card Holder stores up to 4 games.
  • Officially licensed Nintendo product developed by PowerA.
  • Nintendo 3DS XL system and games sold separately

The walmart I went to only had blue versions no reds.

I ordered a clear case off of amazon from eforcity after seeing pics of what it looks like and noticing smudges on my 3DS. The hinge is exposed so its not going to do much against drops but at far as smudges and scratches this case can prolong the cosmetic life by awhile.

It's $2.91 free shipping comes with screen protectors.

Pics with eforcity case

[attachment=1952:51LjHuuFKFL.jpg]

[attachment=1953:511pTo2eqeL.jpg]

[attachment=1955:51vsSpcQGjL.jpg]

I just ordered one to use on my M&L LE. I figure since its a limited edition I'd go all out in protecting it. I already have PowerA screen protectors on my M&L bundle from the starter kit I got at walmart. Which those accessories are Licensed by Nintendo.

I am not opening my Zelda LBW bundle anytime soon but at least I have extra screen protectors to go with it.

Did the screen protector work for you? Only the top one was good, the bottom one would peel off. Had to throw it away.

I found an empty GameBoy case laying around and it turns out you can fit four 3DS/DS games in it.  Makes it a little hard to open, but it works.

That gives me four games, which is plenty for my daily use. (Plus I have the digital games) I've got another game only case to add for long trips. http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Game-Card-Compatible-Nintendo-Smoke/dp/B007PX6MFM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1388424503&sr=8-2&keywords=3ds+game+case

I am personally fine with the trade off with 4 games & this style of case which I like better than the clamshell case.
I was wondering.....is there enough room in the case to carry a two pronged 3DS charging cable

I was wondering.....is there enough room in the case to carry a two pronged 3DS charging cable
Pretty sure that´s a no just from a two senond glance at the pics on amazon.

To be able to do that you need one of those big travel bags. In which case I just use a book bag.

This is nice

il_570xN.557802449_lcbw.jpg

il_570xN.557710372_6m8v.jpg

il_570xN.557710280_it64.jpg

il_570xN.557717788_3suk.jpg

^Where did you get that case or is it a custom made one?

Thinking about the cheap clear case, but would like a case that protects the hinges too.  Might go with a Hori case, maybe one of those themed ones.

I dropped my 3DS XL yesterday.  It didn't recognize my SD memory card and thought I had lost everything.  Thankfully, I just had to remove and reinsert the card to get it working again.

This is nice

[Zelda case pictures]
Dang, that's slick.

Thinking about the cheap clear case, but would like a case that protects the hinges too. Might go with a Hori case, maybe one of those themed ones.
I got the clear Hori TPU case in Friday. I really like it; it's a soft plastic, almost Tupperware like material. Makes me feel a little better about using my Zelda XL.

Applied the hori screen protectors without any problems. Highly recommended. :D

One of the corners wont smooth out because there are some specks of dust underneath. I try not to look at. @_@

^Where did you get that case or is it a custom made one?

I dropped my 3DS XL yesterday. It didn't recognize my SD memory card and thought I had lost everything. Thankfully, I just had to remove and reinsert the card to get it working again.
This seller on etsy has that and other cases from $39.99 to $89.99 - plain ones for $24.99:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Derilyn

I've dropped my 3DS XL more times than anything - not really a big fall though, but it still works great. I think I'm just not used to the weight of it after using a DS Lite for so long. And sometimes it just seems to slip out of my hands when I move it to put it back on my shelf. I had a phat DS, but never dropped it at all compared to my XL.

Yeah, I also went from a DS Lite to 3DS XL.  The weight is noticeable. 

Went the cheap route and got the EforCity clear case from Amazon.  It is nice, probably put some of those clear stickers on the case. 

bread's done
Back